PDA

View Full Version : Pet Talk Texas!

Karen
04-12-2002, 01:27 PM
We're here! Haven't met anyone yet, but we saw the message that Aly typed from this same computer! :) Now we'll go try to find people!

We scraped frost off our windows when we left the house this morning, but here - it's summer! We'll report in again once we've met folks.

Former User
04-12-2002, 01:29 PM
YAY! Glad you are there now!And thanx for reporting! HAVE FUN and yes, do keep us posted!

Ila
04-12-2002, 01:36 PM
Have a great visit wish I could be there !! I love talking about Misty!!:)

zippy-kat
04-12-2002, 01:40 PM
Glad you made it safely!!

Man, I'm chompin' on the bit and ready to go-go-GO!!!! UGH! ;)

If you report in the next hr or so, I'll call Aly's cell and see if she'll let me tell everyone a quick hello!!

Karen
04-12-2002, 04:14 PM
Yes, we've met Aly, Reese and Lolly (I'll let her on next) and Laurie and Sammi and her hubby - and Chuck (Spencer the Lion) is coming soon. We've been taking pictures, but the hotel's computer doesn't have the correct software so we're keeping you all in suspense! mwaahahaha!

Weather's fine, people are fun, and now I'll let Aly log in!

Logan
04-12-2002, 04:28 PM
Fun, Fun, Fun!!! :D :D :D I'm so jealous. I know you all know how much Helen and I would have loved to join you. :(

Pam
04-12-2002, 05:14 PM
I am a lovely shade of green right now but not a typical Crayola color green. This would be called "envy green." Wish I could be with you all. Give Reece and Lolly a kiss from me! Enjoy each other and the nice balmy weather and do keep the reports rolling in!! :)

aly
04-12-2002, 06:28 PM
We just finished our dinner out by the pool side!! I only have a second but meant to tell Tonya to have a safe, fun trip. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you on the phone more. I ran up to grab Reece and Lolly some water but you were already off the phone.

Talk to everyone soon!

zippy-kat
04-12-2002, 07:03 PM
Thanks Aly!! Leavin' in a little more than an hr...I don't wanna go...I already Miss Sophie and she's RIGHT HERE! lol I'm sure her bunny sitter will take good care of her though.

At any rate, tell those that I didn't get to talk to, to have an enjoyable trip! (Have you persuaded Miz Laurie that she needs a bunny yet? ;) ) How'd you guys like Chick-Fil-A? Have fun at the cat sanctuary!!

Luv to you all, have a VERY good wkend!!! and take MANY, MANY pictures!!! We're waiting on pins and needles for the next report!

gini
04-12-2002, 09:34 PM
Oh, have a great weekend and we will be anxious to see all of the pictures and hear every single one of the stories!!

Karen
04-12-2002, 10:16 PM
We've now met Chuck, AND surprise guests Miss Vicky and Spencer himself! :)

Won't tell too many tales yet ... but we are having such fun! Too bad the hotel PC won't let the USB portsortware connect, and it said something like it tried to download the software, but didn't. You're gonna see some picture when we get back, and tomorrow we're off to the big cat sanctuary - where Chuck says they'll let us get within three feet of some of the tigers and other big cats, so you can be sure we'll all take pictures there, too!

AdoreMyDogs
04-12-2002, 10:28 PM
I am SOOOOOOO envious I can't even begin to express it enough!!! You all are going to have a fantastic time, and I sure to hope to see some pics soon. Oh goodness I want to be there sooo bad. Enjoy this wonderful gathering and be safe everyone.

Aly, I would just about do anything to meet your two pups. I know they are adorable in pictures, and I bet they are 10 times as cute in person. I'd love to get a snuggle from that Reece man! And Chuck, I am so excited that you are there with the famous Spencer and Ms. Vicky. I would LOVE to meet those kitties and the wonderful kitty rescuer, Chuck! Man, you folks have a great time :)

Logan
04-12-2002, 11:02 PM
Can I say it one more time please??? I'm so jealous!! And you got to meet Spencer and Miss Vickie!!! :mad: :mad:

I know this trip wasn't "meant to be" for Helen and me, since she had to have surgery last week, but GEE, I can still "wish" to be there, can't I??

We are so happy for all of you that are there!!! :D

04-12-2002, 11:24 PM
This meeting is world class, world class.

Logan
04-12-2002, 11:56 PM
OK, Chuck......that has to be you!! Ross Purr-O??? :D :D :D

Pam
04-13-2002, 07:05 AM
Yes that definitely sounds like Spencer's Dad!! LOL! We need reports and updates! :)

Sudilar
04-13-2002, 07:41 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such fun you guys are havin'!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear allllllllll about it!!!!!!:eek:

04-13-2002, 07:56 AM
hee, hee...

aly
04-13-2002, 08:14 AM
We even got a picture of Reece sniffing out Spencer! I think its on Karen and Paul's camera.

Hey Chuck, why don't you tell them the one where your dinner plate flew into my face two times? :D :D :D

RachelJ
04-13-2002, 08:31 AM
Ross Purr-o, that is so funny. And you guys congratulations for actually pulling off this event. It is so cool to think of you all getting to meet each other and some of the fur kids too. :D

Someone please give *our Aly* a big kiss for me...No, not you Ross!

lynnestankard
04-13-2002, 10:17 AM
LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!!!

Seriously Jealous Here!!!!!

Lynne

anna_66
04-13-2002, 10:56 AM
Sounds SOOOOO exciting! Can't wait to hear more & see pictures when you get back!!!!!:D

Pam
04-13-2002, 10:59 AM
So nice that Spencer got his fur somewhat back in time for the meeting. Sounds like is he having a nice time and I am sure he feels more self-assured with a little more coverage! :D Can't wait for that picture! Hey Chuck if Spencer winds up liking dogs maybe we might find you adding one to your brood too! ;)

Randi
04-13-2002, 11:36 AM
How many of you are there? --- and furkids? Have a great time! Remember reports!!

Former User
04-13-2002, 11:37 AM
And remember pictures!!! :D :D :D

Pam
04-13-2002, 11:45 AM
Oooh Oooh just saw a weather report for the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Storms on the way...... :( Did you all bring umbrellas?

Karen
04-13-2002, 12:09 PM
We are all looking at the weather, I guess someone called the snactuary and they're having severe thundertorms right now, but we'll see when it gets closer to our time to leave.

I actually have the umbrella with me that I bought in London, after leaving my own umbrella in Carrie's car when visiting with her! So we're prepared, if it happens. Some of us just got back from wandering around Grapevine, so I've got to go now and meet Auggie! She's here!

We'll post pictures once we're back home, on Monday - as long as everyone is still behaving, that is!;)

I'll update you more later ...

Former User
04-13-2002, 12:14 PM
We are behaving so well that it's not normal for PT gang! I guess we are REALLY desperate to see some pics then, LOL! :D :D :D

gini
04-13-2002, 12:34 PM
Why in heaven's name would Karen keep telling us to behave?

I really just don't understand:D :D :D

Former User
04-13-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by gini
Why in heaven's name would Karen keep telling us to behave?

I really just don't understand:D :D :D

I don't understand either Gini....;) :D

Ila
04-13-2002, 12:45 PM
Ohooooooo it sounds like there having fun!! I am stuck in Ohio Boo Hoo!!! I WILL JUST CUDDLE UP WITH MISTY !! My life is so dull right now. We want to see pics when you guys get home. We know your having a great time!! HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!:) :) ;) :p

Randi
04-13-2002, 02:14 PM
Watch out!! We're running out of posts to read and reply to, so some of us left behind may start our own PT-party!! Who's in the mood?? :D :D :D

Former User
04-13-2002, 02:18 PM
You can count us in Randi! :D :D

gini
04-13-2002, 02:21 PM
Yes, include us - I will bring the catnip!!

Gini and Rascal

*LabLoverKEB*
04-13-2002, 02:42 PM
Awwww.. it's sounds like all of you ar having soooo much fun!!! I wish I could be there with you all! I'd love to meet all of you sweet people!:) ;) Well, I hope you all have lots of fun!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!:) ;)

Love,
Sarah & Sadie

anna_66
04-13-2002, 02:56 PM
Count us in on the PT Party!!!!:D

aly
04-13-2002, 03:50 PM
Hey, I'm just checking in. Karen, Paul, Mike, and Chuck went to the JFK assassination museum because the Big Cat Sanctuary got rained out. We are planning that now for tomorrow at 11am. Mollie, Laurie, Angie (auggie), her son and I stayed behind. We're going to dinner around 6 this evening at the Trail Dust steakhouse place.

I'm having a great time and its been so fun meeting everyone. Lolly is up in my room now shaking in her boots because of thunder so I better go back up.

I'm sure you guys will be bombarded with pictures from all of us on Monday, although we probably haven't been taking as many as we should be :o

Oh by the way, Reece says he's moving in with Aunt Auggie now because she showered him with hugs and kisses :D He'll probably split time between her and Aunt Laurie who is the treat supplier and dog walker :D

Logan
04-13-2002, 04:19 PM
Awwwwwww, Aly. I know Reese and Lolly are eating up all this attention!!! :D How sweet that Laurie and Angie are being so good to them!!!! :) I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, just knowing what a special time this is for all of you!!!! :)

lizbud
04-13-2002, 07:39 PM
I really like hearing how everything's going down in
Texas, but I must say I too am envious.:p
Sure wish we had pictures to tide us over till Monday.
Oh well, guess we just have to wait.;)
I feel like the kid in the "Home Alone" movie, and you
all know what trouble he got into.:D :D :D :D

aly
04-13-2002, 09:15 PM
pssssst..... if you ever want to make Laurie mad, just tell her to go eat some "Trail Dust bread" :D

04-14-2002, 12:29 AM
This is a picture of the JFK Memorial, erected in 1973 a decade and a block away from where he died. The Reunion Tower is in the background. How would you like to be the one changing the light bulbs on that tower? :D

04-14-2002, 01:06 AM
Just across the street from the JFK Memorial is the first log cabin in Dallas, settled in 1841 by John Neely Bryan. A block away is The 6th Floor Museum at Dealy Plaza (http://www.jfk.org/Home.htm), the building Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK. Ironically, George Dealey ran the Dallas Morning News - a paper that after his death became highly critical of the Kennedy administration. This among other things would make Dallas getting over the Assassination even more difficult.

04-14-2002, 01:23 AM
Chuck was at the Traildust Steakhouse tonight. He got into a bit of trouble as he was caught wearing a tie. I always have everyone to wear a tie at work - but this is off the clock - you catch me? The deputies came ringing the cowbells and took his tie and www.catoftheday.com business card. Chuck's whereabouts is unclear, but Art Bell has a photograph

04-14-2002, 01:39 AM
Sunday, we are going to visit The International Exotic Feline Sanctuary (http://www.bigcat.org/). They are making heroic efforts to provide a home for 70-80 big cats, not housecats! Read about the problem (http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_1927000/1927813.stm)

thelmalu99
04-14-2002, 10:47 AM
OOOOOHHHHH! I so wish I were there with all of you! If only I could have "beamed" myself down there!!!! :D
Hope you had a wonderful time, and I can't wait to see the pixxxx!

Randi
04-14-2002, 12:23 PM
Do you realize, we haven't heard from any of them since they went in to the The International Exotic Feline Sanctuary!!! Hope none of the residents there had an extra snack!!! :D

Nearly forgot, HAVE A GREAT TIME ALL OF YOU!!! More reports please!!

Pam
04-14-2002, 02:25 PM
I went to the Cat Sanctuary site and noticed there is a WebCam. I clicked on it thinking I might catch a glimpse of our group touring and watching the big kitties. Unfortunately the page couldn't be displayed. :( Guess we'll just have to wait a little longer for reports and pics....

luckies4me
04-14-2002, 03:53 PM
May I ask what all you are talking about? I am confused.:confused:

Logan
04-14-2002, 04:59 PM
Some of our members have gotten together in the Dallas, TX area for a real, live meeting!!! And we have all been so interested in their interaction and outings. That's what the Pet Talk Texas thread has been about.

Logan

aly
04-14-2002, 08:32 PM
I'm hoooooooooooome!!! I had a lot of fun. I'm going to download my pics now and will post a few shortly! :)

aly
04-14-2002, 08:46 PM
That black leopard in the pic Chuck just posted is named Onyx. I have a beautiful 8x10 of him :)

Here's my favorite picture (Caesar):

Freckles
04-14-2002, 08:50 PM
but I'm waiting for some people pics.

Pam
04-14-2002, 08:58 PM
Trevor needs to start hanging out with these guys. By comparison he would look like a little wee one instead of the "big boned" chunky sort of fellow that he is. :D

aly
04-14-2002, 09:04 PM
Well, here's the first "people picture". It was taken at the Trail Dust steakhouse last night. I look real weird in this pic, dunno why it turned out like that. Ew! Oh well.

http://netsnapshot.com/users/6740/images/PLozbMCoBQIAABFqXm0_6740_22.jpg

L to R: Chuck, Angie, Karen, me, Mollie, Mike, Laurie

I hope its okay with everyone I posted this :eek:

Ila
04-14-2002, 09:11 PM
I have really enjoyed the pictures THANKS!!!

anna_66
04-14-2002, 09:18 PM
The cat pictures were WONDERFUL! Thanks for posting them for us to see, seems like you all had a great time, wish I coulda been there! It was nice seeing some pics of the people too!

Cincy'sMom
04-14-2002, 09:25 PM
I have never been a fan of the household cat due to allergies, but I love big cats!!! What great pics!!!
Hope you all had a great time and we look forward to more pics and stories!

auggie
04-14-2002, 09:28 PM
It was so great to meet all you guys! So sorry, I couldn't make it today, Really wanted to go.
Aly, I'm glad you were able to go to the feline sancturary. What did you do with Reece and Lolly?
Reece and Lolly are absolutely adorable.
Reece is a little love bug. He makes this cute purring sound. I wish you guys could hear it.

aly
04-14-2002, 09:28 PM
Here's Karen and Paul's plane arriving. What? How do I know its their plane? I saw them waving through the window! Ok fine, so it was just some random plane.. but it was landing sort of around the time their plane was supposed to land so I took a picture out my hotel room window :)

http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/6740/images/PLo2oMCoBQIAABFEPrM_6740_26.jpg

Here's some of the group Friday evening by the pool. Sorry the pic is blurry but I was sitting on a fence almost falling off when I snapped the picture. This dinner was interesting because I received Chuck's coleslaw on my forehead and spilled coke in my mouth (2 seperate incidents) when gusts of wind came.

http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/6740/images/PLo1gsCoBQIAAEILz@A_6740_23.jpg

We were always up and at em pretty early. Here's the sunrise from my window on Saturday when Laurie and I were up early to walk the dogs.

http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/6740/images/PLo3CcCoBQIAAHDKC@k_6740_27.jpg

This is Laurie on Saturday night. During the pic, she was chanting "Aly was right, Aly was right, Aly was right!!!". Hehe, just kidding... but she was THINKING it! :D

http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/6740/images/PLo2AMCoBQIAAEIR024_6740_24.jpg

Here's Laurie's sourdough bread.

http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/6740/images/PLo2SsCoBQIAABFNSZ0_6740_25.jpg

I also have a couple videos of me and my dogs that Chuck gave me. If anyone is interested I can email them to you but its just boring old me, hehe.

auggie
04-14-2002, 09:30 PM
Lolly loves her mom so much. she was so happy when aly came back from dinner. She is so sweet.

aly
04-14-2002, 09:32 PM
Angie, I almost was not able to go but Mollie decided not to go so she stayed in her room and babysat (which I really appreciate!).

Thanks everyone for your help with my dogs! They were spoiled rotten and are dead asleep at my side right now.

I have a new mission and that is to get Angie a German Sheperd :D

aly
04-14-2002, 09:34 PM
Oh thats a CUTE pic of Lolly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awwwwwww :D :D :D Thanks for posting that!

delidog
04-14-2002, 10:16 PM
wow!! sounds like you guys had such a wonderful time!!! loved the big cat pictures!!!!
would still like to see more of the two-leggers...i am sitting here trying to put faces with pet talk names....got afew figured out,but not all yet!!!!
maybe we can do a s.e. pet talk meeting next?!?!?!?!?
glad you all had a great time!!! waiting for mondays' pics!!!

Logan
04-14-2002, 10:20 PM
Welcome home!! :D

The pictures are all terrific. Are any of you planning to put them all in one place, like at Webshots or something like that? Might be easier to view them all from one place. I know, Chuck, I'm just creating more work!! LOL!! But, it would be nice.

The "people" pictures are wondeful too. It is so good to see Paul for the first time, Angie, Sammi (Mollie) and Mike, and Laurie! I'd seen pictures of Chuck and Aly, and I had the pleasure of meeting karen in person last summer!!! Great pictures, and we are so happy that you guys seemed to have such a wonderful trip.

Helen and I wish we could have been there.

aly
04-14-2002, 10:29 PM
I didn't have too many people pictures on my camera. I think Karen and Paul might have some good ones.

It is a miracle we all survived Paul's driving (hehe :D ) and Chuck's directions! One of the funniest parts today was when Chuck all of a sudden pointed to the right and Paul did an incredible right turn from the left hand lane :D :D :D Karen, Mike, and I were in the backseat praying the whole time. Haha, just kidding!!

Laurie saved me from having a heart attack. The first night and morning I was there, I was sneaking the dogs around stressing myself out. The problem was they had video cameras at every exit/entrance and the screens were right at the front desk. I had all sorts of amazing routes planned out (like when I took Lolly down the hall to the stairs down to the third floor, then all the way back down the hall to the opposite staircase to the first floor, then back down a hall and through an exit, walked around the building to enter the opposite entrance, up 2 flights of stairs, down a hall, to the elevator back to my room.... pppphhhhheewwwwwww!!). I was only supposed to have one dog so thats why I had to sneak. Aunt Laurie saved us though!

For future meetings, it is REALLY nice to have pets there but you must have a strong heart to take all the stress of leaving them :)

aly
04-14-2002, 11:59 PM
Tonya, I was sure to take this pic for you! The poor thing only has three legs because she stuck her paw through a rail and it got ripped off by either a lion or tiger. Thats the story, right Karen?

Karen
04-15-2002, 12:19 AM
That's right, she stuck her leg through the fence and a lion chomped it poor thing, but they say she has adapted just fine.

We are home, but I'm going to bed now! :)

Paul is petting Miss Hoppy now, she seems to have kinda forgiven us, but maybe that's cause I gave her raisins when we got home! :)

We'll figure out a way to organize the photos.

AmberLee
04-15-2002, 01:58 AM
Thank you. Between the little comments left throughout the weekend, and now the photos and remeniscence (sp?) I ALMOST feel like I'd been there. Looks like you all had a great time and GOOD visiting. I'm pleased for you and reving myself up for PT-SE the next adventure. :D (And you all are probably exhausted right now... Thanks for sharing this great time.)

Former User
04-15-2002, 02:01 AM
Great pics! But please put them in one place, not on a thread like this as attachments!

Paul
04-15-2002, 02:02 AM
   It might take a few days to get all our photos and Spencer's video clips online. So here is part of one of Karen's photos.

http://petoftheday.com/online/dallas/ours.jpg

http://petoftheday.com/online/dallas/ourpaw.jpg

Paul

Former User
04-15-2002, 02:18 AM
WOW! Now THAT'S a paw! :eek:

Gio
04-15-2002, 04:10 AM
Thanks a lot for the updates and all those great pics. I'm embarassed to admit, even more envious than I was before :o

purrley
04-15-2002, 07:28 AM
:eek: WOW:eek: took me awhile to get through all the wonderful pictures. Looks like you all had a wonderful time. What a neat thing to do. Wish I could have been there, but now I feel like I kinda was:) :)

jackiesdaisy1935
04-15-2002, 10:10 AM
What a wonderful meeting and it sounds like fun was had by all. I wish I could have made it and had planned to but old arthritis
doesn't always let you do what you want to do. Maybe I will be able to make the next one. I love all the pictures of the animals, the snow tiger is beautiful, and the pettalk people. Chuck your writing makes it sound almost like we were there. Aly I would have loved to visit with Lolly and Reece, that would have been the highlight of the trip for me. Glad you are all home safe and sound and I'm sure getting some much needed sleep.
Jackie

zippy-kat
04-15-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by aly
Tonya, I was sure to take this pic for you! The poor thing only has three legs because she stuck her paw through a rail and it got ripped off by either a lion or tiger. Thats the story, right Karen?

Thanks for the pic!! She looks so content! Poor girl, it must've been tough to adjust to the loss of a limb--glad she's doing ok, though.

I'll tell you guys about my trip--it was well...good in some respects but I managed to come down with a virus of some sort...:rolleyes: (One of the joys of riding on a bus...one gets it, we all get it :rolleyes: )

We got home at 8 this morning--"Low Earz" is inspecting the suitcase and deciding if I'm allowed to be her Mommy again. Anywho, it's off to bed for awhile...! Will post more when I'm not so http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/ups/DeNiro/sick.gif

aly
04-15-2002, 11:03 AM
Yikes...

GET WELL SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aly
04-15-2002, 11:12 AM
Here's Shiloh beating up Reece when we got home last night, telling him to never leave for a weekend again without telling her first!!

http://netsnapshot.com/users/6740/images/PLr54sCoBQIAABFqbXw_6740_28.jpg

http://netsnapshot.com/users/6740/images/PLr6A8CoBQIAABFWYcY_6740_29.jpg

http://netsnapshot.com/users/6740/images/PLr6OsCoBQIAABFWYdw_6740_30.jpg

purrley
04-15-2002, 11:25 AM
:D :D Poor Reese - wonder if he thinks the trip was worth it:D :D

jennifert
04-15-2002, 12:25 PM
Well folks, hearing about this trip has been the highlight of my day!! I COULD NOT WAIT to see the pics of everyone and hear how it all went! I'm so psyched!! Thanks everyone! I'm glad you all had a great time, can't wait to hear and see more and am looking forward to participating in the next PTMeeting!!!!

Former User
04-15-2002, 12:28 PM
Casper here, WOW, I LOVE SHILOH!!! What a wonder woman! :p ;)

thelmalu99
04-15-2002, 12:31 PM
Jen, you and me BOTH!!! I was so sorry I missed this one, but I have no intention of missing the next one! LOL!

How have you been, BTW? Do you still have the same e-mail address?

jennifert
04-15-2002, 12:39 PM
YES YES Thelma I do!! email me please! I can't find yours! I'm still at the same crappy job for now! I miss you!

aly
04-15-2002, 12:45 PM
Shiloh wants Casper to have this more seductive picture. She is revealing her patch of white on her tummy and running her tongue over her lips... HEHE!

http://netsnapshot.com/users/6740/images/PLsQVcCoBQIAABIK7kg_6740_31.jpg

Former User
04-15-2002, 12:54 PM
Oh Shiloh! I have a dilemma now... I also have a lot of feelings for that gorgeous Ritzy....I'll take my new teddybear pillow (no laughing!) and think of you two

Paul
04-15-2002, 01:12 PM
   Chuck's video clips are now online here. (http://Petoftheday.com/other/Dallas/)

We will be adding our photos to this page over the next few days.

Paul

Cougie Wechsler
04-15-2002, 01:19 PM
What a blast you all had!!!! I am so glad that you had so much fun. Looking forward to seeing the pictures!!!

wolflady
04-15-2002, 01:28 PM
I'm so glad you all had so much fun!!! I'm also green with envy!:D LOL LOL I was so eager to see all the pics and read about the trip this morning, that it's the first thing I did! WOW! I almost feel like I was there. I loved the pics of the big cats. Such beautiful creatures they are!
When is the next big PT gathering?? I heard someone mention a midwest meeting??!! LOL :D :D :D ;) I wouldn't miss it!!
**hugs** to you all!

aly
04-15-2002, 01:35 PM
It was actually his old owners that had Harleys. The first time he was roaring, I think it was at Mike's Harley Davidson shirt :D :D

(I think that Don't Stand So Close to Me one is Noel.. here's more pictures of her: http://www.bigcat.org/cats/showcat.asp?cat=noel )

aly
04-15-2002, 01:40 PM
Ceasar was a favorite of everyone who went I think. I know he was definately my favorite!

Check out his pics on their website too!

http://www.bigcat.org/cats/showcat.asp?cat=ceasar

http://www.bigcat.org/cats/images/ceasar.jpg

Ila
04-15-2002, 01:51 PM
Thank you so much for the pictures I looked at everyone so far. They were great. So glad you all had a good time. Thank you for sharing them with all of us!!:)

anna_66
04-15-2002, 02:40 PM
The video clips were great Chuck!:D

jennifert
04-15-2002, 02:48 PM
AWESOME!!! Everything is awesome! I love the pics, the stories, the film clips! I just can't get enough!!!

Freckles
04-15-2002, 02:49 PM
I have a dialup connection, so I downloaded all the files. From Chuck's video clips, right click, then choose "save link as". On my computer, "My download files" opens up and I save there. There is some audio - Sampson roaring, 2 files with the generator in the background and some speaking, too, but a little hard to understand.

Now I'll go back and pick my favorite.

Thanks, Chuck and Paul.

aly
04-15-2002, 02:55 PM
You can hear me in one of the clips saying "Is he getting mad now??" Then the guide telling me no, he's okay. Hehe :D I think it is the Ceasar clip.

jackiesdaisy1935
04-15-2002, 04:57 PM
Chuck, the video clips are great, I loved the one of Sampson roaring. Actually I enjoyed them all and all the still pictures too.
You did a great job, it was almost like being there, but not quite. lol.
Jackie

Randi
04-15-2002, 05:04 PM
It has been great to hear all your stories and seen the wonderful pictures and video clips. Well done!! :D Glad you're all safely back, must have been a wonderful experience - you could probably do with a bit of a rest! Now, don't snore with your mouth too open, you may gew the odd paw in! LOL! :D :D

Looking forward for the rest! Thank you for sharing - it's almost like being there. ;)

Ps. How far is Forth Worth from this sanctuary? I know someone there.

aly
04-15-2002, 05:51 PM
Its less than 30 minutes away from Ft. Worth I think. They have maps on their site.

http://www.bigcat.org/

Pam
04-15-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by SpencerTheLion
Which video will be Pam's favorite? :D :D :D

I have to vote for "don't stand so close to me." The coloring on that cat is just gorgeous and I love the close-up.

Are there any videos of the humans? I noticed a little bit of audio on one of the clips and was hoping to hear the southern drawls of the Texas folks....Aly? Chuck? :D

lbaker
04-15-2002, 08:28 PM
I'm home safely and have some writen down things I will share but can't right now because I just have to hold my dogs and cats and let them know I won't go away for awhile again.... I will say this - Aly is as beautiful as her heart is huge, and we all know how beautiful that must be. Paul & Karen have it ALL together with this site and their love. Molly (aka Sammi) and her hubby Mike opened up their room and arms to us all - especially Reese & Lolly and the "real" Spencer & Ms Vicky ALL AT THE SAME TIME! - Chuck (Spencer) is magic, more later about that. Auggie is drop dead gorgeous and I just wish she could have spent more time with us. I'm trying to get this journal together but it will take some time if I'm not to get too silly about it at the moment... my dogs are waiting.

Laurie

Cynthia
04-15-2002, 08:52 PM
And a good time was had by all...(and the rest of us are completely envious!!!)

Chuck, what breathtaking photos of those majestic animals. Thank you.

I add my voice to those clamoring for pix of the humans!! Thank you all for sharing.

gini
04-15-2002, 09:56 PM
I am so glad that everyone had such a great time! And it is also nice to know that everyone made it home safely too.

The videos are priceless. I would be hard pressed to find a favorite - I am one of those you would have to drag out at closing time - and I would only have seen half of the animals.

Thanks, Chuck for taking the videos and sharing with all of us.

It doesn't replace our being there in person, but it makes up for it in being able to share what you saw.

I won't say a word about pictures of "people" I will just try to be patient.

aly
04-15-2002, 10:23 PM
Awww Laurie you're so sweet. I'm glad you're home safe and back with your babies. I just wanted to remind you that you can't forget to add our bread incident into your journal. I know you might accidently leave it out but here is your reminder!! :D :D

Looking forward to the journal! By the way, if it says anything bad about me, its not true! :)

Karen
04-15-2002, 11:28 PM
We have people pictures, big cat pictures, the pet guests' pictures, Dallas pictures - and too little sleep to do anything with them right now, but Paul will get them up sometime this week, I am sure!

lbaker
04-16-2002, 04:24 AM
OK, here is the "bread incident" :o Aly and I had a food fight and embarrased everybody and were thrown out of the restaurant :p .... GOTCHA :D nah.. :rolleyes: later for that :D
..p.s. by the time I arrived home my whole bag smelled of dog treats and my dogs were extremely questionable about just what THAT was all about!! And Tonya, I came THAT close to bringing home a bunny but Karen (once again) saved the day with her sanity. Do look forward to the pix of the bunny with parsley in Grapevine!! Laurie

Paul
04-16-2002, 12:33 PM
   Here is (I hope) a small version of the photo.

http://petoftheday.com/online/grape1.jpg

Paul

zippy-kat
04-16-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Paul
   Here is (I hope) a small version of the photo.

http://petoftheday.com/online/grape1.jpg

Paul

OMGosh!!
That's adorable--and ssooooooooooo Miz Sophie!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Great pics guys!!
THANKS FOR THINKIN' OF ME!!!!!

Pam
04-17-2002, 06:43 AM
It looks like the weather near and around the Pet Talk Texas meeting got a little rough yesterday. I just saw on the news that there were several tornadoes in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Hope all of you Texas Pet Talkers are OK!

aly
04-17-2002, 06:59 AM
We;re being hit with rain and storms all weekend but the worst of it is in Dallas. Poor Lolly is hating it. She'll probably have to come to work with me every day until the storms quit.

purrley
04-17-2002, 07:30 AM
I think we might have sent what we had Monday on to you. We had the nastiest wind storm and mud rain. Power lines down, trees down, shingles off houses, fences down etc. Quite a ride. We seldom deal with tornadoes, but I swear we had a Typhoon on Monday.

lbaker
05-09-2002, 06:25 AM
Thanks Chuck, these are great pix!! As everyone can see we took great care to always dress in our very "Sunday Best" :rolleyes: especially at the TrailDust where ties were DA TING TO DO MON... Karen & Paul...any more pix from you?? Laurie

anna_66
05-09-2002, 07:00 AM
Nice to see a few pics! Thanks Chuck!

lynnestankard
05-09-2002, 09:51 AM
Wow wow wow Chuck more pics eh? Just the thng!!:D :D

Lynne

AmberLee
05-12-2002, 10:34 PM
The roses are gorgeous ... but does Ms. Vicki get over THAT fence? Yikes.