PDA

View Full Version : Logan and Sandra....?

04-12-2002, 01:17 PM
I was just going thru my favorite users on my Webshots albums... I saw your Mass. Vacation pics Logan. Is that Ms. Sandra Tatsuno with you? You ladies are adoreable!!! How fun that must have been! You have met before right?

Dixieland Dancer
04-12-2002, 01:53 PM
Please share the address. I would like to see them too! :D

04-12-2002, 02:11 PM
uummmm, this should be it Candy:)

Logan's Albums (http://community.webshots.com/user/lgivens4)

Logan
04-12-2002, 02:39 PM
Well................... :D

Dixieland Dancer
04-12-2002, 02:39 PM
Thanks Angel! I enjoyed looking at the pictures. It's always nice to MEET people!

04-12-2002, 03:05 PM
Oh don't you play coy Logan Givens!!!!! Was this a recent meeting? Did I miss a post about it or did you and Sandra have a secret rendevous? :D!

Logan
04-12-2002, 04:25 PM
No secrets, Angel. Those pics are from when Helen and I visited with Sandra last summer. Do you remember that I won that raffle through Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue? I swore we would use that money for something fun.....meeting Sandra was fun!! Those pics were taken in August 2001. :D

AdoreMyDogs
04-12-2002, 09:43 PM
Oh my gosh, you are ADORABLE, Sandra and Logan!!! It's so nice to "meet" you two :) I now have some faces to your names :)

Sudilar
04-12-2002, 09:55 PM
Great to see pictures of you all!!!!

Logan
04-12-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs
Oh my gosh, you are ADORABLE, Sandra and Logan!!! It's so nice to "meet" you two :) I now have some faces to your names :)

Sandra is the "little" one. Blond and petite....my dream girl! :D

shais_mom
04-13-2002, 01:40 AM
Those are great! I don't think I had ever seen them before.

Former User
04-13-2002, 07:00 AM
Ladies, so nice to have a face to go with the name now! Very nice pictures!

04-16-2002, 09:17 AM
Well, I agree with everyone, you ladies ARE adorable. You look just as cute and sweet as you present yourselves on this board. What a joy to finally see those pictures!

aly
04-16-2002, 12:51 PM
Angel, Did you get a new dog? I thought you didn't have room for 3 dogs? Who's the "new addition" in your webshots album?

:( :( :( :confused:

Logan
04-16-2002, 01:04 PM
Bodie is beautiful.....after all, he is a Golden. But what happened, Angel?? Did you and Augie adopt him?? :confused:

04-16-2002, 03:53 PM
Well, Aly, now you know how disappointing it was for me not to be able to share Bodie's arrival with all of Pet Talk. Logan, he really is beautiful and has such personality!! I adore him. It was really really hard not to post about him and send pictures. That is all I have been doing is taking pictures of him and his brother and sister.

As for Maddie, well Aly, until you walk a mile in our shoes, you can't understand what happened there. But think about it, I just picked up and moved across country.... Obviously there was a BIG adjustment to be made... for both of us, in EVERY aspect of life, we had to adjust. It wasn't about not having room..... But please don't judge or make assumptions (and I am not saying anyone is, I just ask that they don't). If there is one thing I have learned, it is to NEVER judge anything until you know the full story.... no matter how it looks to you. The full story is between us though. That is how we wanted it and that is why I never explained what happend to Maddie in the first place. I really don't want to rehash. Augie and I just want to be happy with our little family. That is all:)

aly
04-16-2002, 04:33 PM
You're right. I don't understand.

I don't understand the reasoning AT ALL!!!

Especially since I was told numerous times that "the house isn't big enough for 3 dogs".

Dixieland Dancer
04-17-2002, 09:25 AM
Aly, I am sure you are still very hurt over the incident with Maddie. I would be too. Especially since you had your hopes up in her coming to live with you. We all need to heal from the pain of knowing a Pet Talk furkid was in a shelter and we had no idea if she would be adopted or not before her time came. :( Fortunately she did find a new home and I believe it must be working out or the shelter would of contacted Phred. I also choose to believe that Maddie is in a better situation since she is an only dog and her new family will have the time to work with her troubled areas. That thought makes my heart happy for Maddie.

I want you to know that I do not agree with how this all came about! I wish Angel had been up front with us from the start so we could of helped and worked something out on Maddie's behalf before she went to the shelter. However, that was not the chosen path. Even if Angel had told us, I am still not sure we would of all understood. Our passions for all the furkids is very strong and drives our emotions.

I was very much upset over the whole thing, like most of the members of Pet Talk were. Now though, I think we all need to move to a place of healing and forgiveness. From the sounds of it, Angel is living in her own personal hell of grief and agony. I will not add to it. Although, I hope she never forgets the lessons learned from this ordeal and NEVER repeats it.

I can not imagine getting a new addition to the family and not being able to share it on Pet Talk. To keep it bottled up and not be able to tell everyone or show pictures. That would be agonizing to me. Especially when everyone is talking about their babies.

Angel, I along with others on Pet Talk need to heal over the Maddie situation. I am sure you understand since you are still in that healing process too from the sounds of it. I do not know what transpired in your life to cause you to put Maddie in a shelter. At this point it is not important. What is important though is that you have learned some valuable lessons through this all.

I can not speak for the other members of Pet Talk, but for myself, I want to put this behind me knowing Maddie is in a new loving forever home. I have done some pretty stupid things in my life before and probably will again. Some of them were major blunders. We are all in need of some kind of forgiveness in our lives. Most importantly, Christ Jesus died for my sins and has forgiven me. If he can forgive me, then he can forgive you and I should forgive you. The healing has begun. Therefor, I would like to take this opportunity to hear about your new addition. I have already seen his pictures and he seems very precious.

Everyone else on Pet Talk that was affected by this situation, I hope you understand why I am making this attempt to move into a healing process and offer forgiveness. Angel will live with the decisions she made and I believe she is very torn and agonized over the whole thing. As rightfully she should be. But when I screw up in life (and we all do at some point) I don't want it to be an unforgiven circumstance that we can't move beyond.

Some of you may not be ready to forgive and that is fine. I pray you will get to that point at sometime. From my point of view though, when I am down it is always nice when someone comes along and picks me up. That's what makes life worth living.

I found this little poem on the internet. It says it best for me.

God's word is clear and simple
About what I must do
When I have been offended
By friend or foe's misuse:
"Forgive...and be forgiven"
I dare not keep a score--
Seventy times seven
Times seven hundred more.

When I am unforgiving,
The battle I'll not win;
For I need my Father's mercy
To blot out all my sin.
Forgiving is not easy
Yet I know it can be done:
I look to Christ my Savior,
The Holy, Sinless One.

When Jesus died upon the cross
His words rang clear and true,
"Father, please forgive them,
For they know not what they do."
As the Precious Lamb of God
Christ wants me to see:
Forgiving is the power
That sets my spirit free!
Forgiveness is God's wondrous gift
That sets my spirit free!

Col 3:13 (NIV)

Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

04-17-2002, 09:42 AM
For the last time NOTHING underhanded, coniving, devious or hurtful happened with Maddie. NOTHING. We had our reasons. ENOUGH already! You are beating this subject to death. If you all don't know how much I love animals by now then you are blind. Just because we chose to get rid of Maddie doesn't change that!!! Things that were the way there were two months ago are different now... settled, routine, easier. I told you not to judge. And Aly, YOU DON'T NEED TO UNDERSTAND! Why? Because it is none of you business!

And I DO NOT apprecitate the impliance that I screwed up and I am living my own personal hell. Candy, you belittled me and YOU HAVE NEVER MET ME! I didn't screw up. WE made a decision. Together. I didn't not even think of asking Pet Talk for help. The thought never crossed my mind... I told you all before, I underestimated you all.... not to mention not thinking an entire country of people could help her. It would have been great had I rallied you all myself... BUT I JUST GOT DIVORCED, MOVE ACROSS COUNTRY AND HAD SOME ADJUSTING TO DO! JESUS!! Sorry that my mind wasn't exactly clear.

Bodie isn't a mistake and won't be given up. I told you, things are different now. We are settled now. Able to handle certain things better. But again, that is no business of anyone!

And YOU need to heal from this? What about me!!!! For God's sake? I rescued that dog and took her in and loved her with all my heart! You all know the story! If I was such a terrible person why did I do that! THAT PART OF ME HAS NOT CHANGED! My love for animals is deep, very very deep and doesn't stop at dogs. I shouldn't even have to stress that.

All I did was ask Logan about pictures and Aly, you had to bring this up again. You couldn't let it go... well you know what, take your bleeding heart opinions and give them to someone else. Oh, and I must thank you for backing me into a corner so that I have to act like and angry dog. Even the nicest of dogs can turn evil when backed into a corner.... Now I look like a complete bitch. Thanks Aly, I'm sure you are more than happy about that.

Good-bye everyone...... I will really miss it here:(
I'm sure I won't be missed now.

Dixieland Dancer
04-17-2002, 09:56 AM
Not the response I had expected or hoped for. OH WELL.... I tried! I thought I was offering a way to get beyond this. I guess not. :(

Sorry you thought I was belittling you Angel. Reread my post and hopefully you will see that was not my intent.

04-17-2002, 10:11 AM
please doggiemom and everybody else , please calm down !!!! I am only at pettalk for a rather short time , and I do not understand anything of this tread ... But believe me , I AM SHOCKED !!!!
Is it really not possible to forgive and forget ?? Please , I am begging you ....:( :confused:

04-17-2002, 10:13 AM
"The only way you can avoid accountablity (or judgement) at any board is simply not to reveal whatever it is."

Hm, funny, that is what I tried to do but not speaking about Maddie in the first place... judgement, opinions and conclusions were still created. I lose either way.

Candy, I know what you were trying to say, sorry for being harsh. Truly, but I was reacting to the fact that this was brought up AGAIN and it seems that people can't move past it. I did, honestly understand your point and know you wanted to hear about Bodie.

I don't just take dogs in and give them up. Maddie was a different circumstance. Bodie is ours and will never leave. He isn't a prop or the result of a mistake that we are learning from. He was a fluke and we found him.... we wanted him. Now he is a big part of our family... a joy really. He is full of character and personality.

I have said my good-byes so you can all just forget I existed... you won't have to deal with me anymore. So, smile:) I'm sure that is a good thing.

Former User
04-17-2002, 10:14 AM
How about everyone leaving DoggieMom and her family alone? (not literally, I just mean this subject!)

04-17-2002, 10:16 AM
amen to that "Casper ans Kitty "!!

Albea
04-17-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
How about everyone leaving DoggieMom and her family alone? (not literally, I just mean this subject!)

I couldn't agree with you more!!!
I'm not quite sure of what this story is all about because I was away for some time and never finished reading all the posts I missed. However, there is a very good quote I remember when I feel selfrighteous :"Before you judge anybody, try to walk a mile in his/her shoes."
Whatever Angel did, it is not up to us to judge or FORGIVE . We know how much she loves animals and she will be missed by many members of this board. I HOPE SHE WILL RECONSIDER AND COME BACK. In any case, I wish her, Augie, and the furkids much happiness and long lasting love.
Alicia

mugsy
04-17-2002, 01:11 PM
I really don't understand what happened, and at this point I don't really care, all I want is to be able to post on this board and share my feelings and events about my dogs. I have no idea why Angel gave Maddie up, and while I NEVER agree with giving an animal to a shelter, it was her decision and not mine. Aly, I'm really sorry you didn't get Maddie, but please believe that there is a poochie in need out there calling your name. I understand about disappointment. Before we got Dudley, we were going to get a Pit mix named Jessie and we had everything for her including a collar and a name tag and then the woman decided she wanted to keep her, to say I was perturbed was an understatement and I cried for a couple of days and still have not forgotten the situation, but I hope that she is happy. My feeling (for what it's worth) is that if Angel wants to leave the board, then that is her decision and she will live with the consequences, just like the rest of us when we make a decision. I've given up begging people to do things after they have made a decision. Angel, if that's the decision you made, good luck to you in what ever you do.

zippy-kat
04-17-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by doggiemom
All I did was ask Logan about pictures and Aly, you had to bring this up again.

In Aly's defense, it was a public album. She actually didn't bring up Maddie--just questioned the new arrival.

That having been said, Chuck, I'm going to 'nit-pick.' True, emotions were running high over the Maddie incident but (from what I understand) it was not a deciding/contributing factor to those who post less.

Former User
04-17-2002, 01:43 PM
Angel did NOT want to bring this up at all! It was others who did that.

04-17-2002, 01:44 PM
I never asked for anyone to agree with our decision. I never asked to explain what happened either. I wanted it left alone and that couldn't be done. That is what hurts. I can't stress this enough.

Now, please, please respect me and my family and leave it alone. I have had very sweet messages from people and I am very happy about that. I might just take a break for awhile, but still "lurk". I don't know.

Also, a few have requested to hear about Bodie. For obvious reasons I'm leary about that. He is so hard NOT to share. But, I know some will be thinking in the back of their minds about Maddie though, and why do we have new dog now. Again, it's our business and we had our reasons and we, above all, both love animals. Very much. Maddie is always on my mind too but I am okay now because I know she is taken care and in a good home.

Thanks to everyone who wrote to me and posted here. I really appreciate that and it won't be forgotten.

Love Angel -

Pam
04-17-2002, 02:10 PM
When I first read this post I thought to myself...I will not respond....I don't want to get involved. I feel now, though, that I just want to say that there have been things that I have done in my life that, looking back, I am maybe am not so proud of. I think everyone can say that because no one is perfect. Angel, I know that you loved Maddie and I am sure your decision to give her up hurt a lot. You would have never been a Pet Talker in the first case if you didn't love your pets. I do hope that you will still lurk here from time and time and maybe consider returning at some point in the future. For now, let's please just let this rest!

Stenograsaurus
04-17-2002, 02:49 PM
I'm going to stay out of the whole mess that's going on here. All I want to know is where is the picture of Bodie at? I missed it. :(

Karen
04-17-2002, 05:14 PM
Let us, from this post forward, have a moratorium on Maddie. Feelings were hurt, yes. They do not need to be hurt again. The end result is that Maddie is now in a new home, where she is safe and happy. That IS what everyone wanted? Right?

That was a rhetorical question, you do not need to prolong this thread by answering it.

EVERYONE - let it go, let it heal.

NOW.

If you want to vent, to yell, to post about this more, don't post. Email me.

Maddie is safe. Another dog has a good home.

Amen.