PDA

View Full Version : How to quote??

Husky_mom
01-27-2006, 04:05 PM
i know how to paste text to quote but i wanted to know how to get the "originally posted by......" part??

because i always type it down but i wondered how to do it automatically if its even possible??

also while we are at it i wanted to know what is the use of the wrap code, html, php tags??

Karen
01-27-2006, 04:10 PM
i know how to paste text to quote but i wanted to know how to get the "originally posted by......" part??

because i always type it down but i wondered how to do it automatically if its even possible??

also while we are at it i wanted to know what is the use of the wrap code, html, php tags??

In the bottom of every post is a pair of buttons. One says "edit" and the others says "quote." If you hit the one that says "quote," it preformats your reply with the post quoted in it, like you see here.

Or, when you are typing a reply, if you have copied text that you want to quote, hit the little icon that looks like this: http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/editor/quote.gif and it does the same thing, without the "who said it" part.

Husky_mom
01-27-2006, 04:15 PM
ooooohhhh!!! i just have been doing the second part.... :o

silly me :p , if it had been a snake it would´ve bitten me by now LOL, never even saw that, thanks for helping me out, ;)

Karen
01-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Not a problem! It's one of those things that's obvious once you know!!! :)

Jessika
01-28-2006, 01:01 AM
Or if you just wanted to type out the codes by yourselves, its

[*quote] text to be quoted here [*/quote]

Of course, without the asterisks ;)

Also a neat add-on if you have FireFox there is an extension called BBCodexTra that adds BBCode to the right-context menu! Its SO useful!

Randi
02-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Often, you don't want to quote the whole text, including pictures and all. In that case, after you've hit the Quote button, just delete the text and/or pictures, within the tags, you don't want to quote. :)

slick
02-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Often, you don't want to quote the whole text, including pictures and all. In that case, after you've hit the Quote button, just delete the text and/or pictures, within the tags, you don't want to quote. :)
Yes, nothing bugs me more than seeing an entire novel quoted when the person only wants to repond to the last sentence.

Randi
02-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Yes, nothing bugs me more than seeing an entire novel quoted when the person only wants to repond to the last sentence.
Me too! ;) It does take up a lot of space.

dab_20
03-29-2006, 07:07 PM
ooooohhhh!!! i just have been doing the second part.... :o

silly me :p , if it had been a snake it would´ve bitten me by now LOL, never even saw that, thanks for helping me out, ;)

I also didn't figure that out until awhile ago. lol!

Bengalz
06-24-2006, 02:59 PM
In the bottom of every post is a pair of buttons. One says "edit" and the others says "quote." If you hit the one that says "quote," it preformats your reply with the post quoted in it, like you see here.

Or, when you are typing a reply, if you have copied text that you want to quote, hit the little icon that looks like this: http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/editor/quote.gif and it does the same thing, without the "who said it" part.

This is interesting .... I just copied this section of your reply Karen and hit the Quote button and this is my result. What am I still doing wrong?

Thanks for your help, Betty

PS: Never mind ..... it does work, I just didn't see that in my preview. Thanks!!

Dorothy39
08-27-2006, 01:49 PM

Or, when you are typing a reply, if you have copied text that you want to quote, hit the little icon that looks like this: and it does the same thing, without the "who said it" part

Just doing an experment!!!! ;) Nope, that's not what I wanted!!! :confused:

Karen
08-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Just doing an experment!!!! ;) Nope, that's not what I wanted!!! :confused:

What did you want to happen? Remember, you can almost "quote" text by hand, by typing [quo te] before the text and [/quo te] after the text, without the space in the middle of the words quote. And if you want to include the person's name who you are quoting you just type [quo te=person's name] at the beginning, instead [quo te].

Does this help?

Dorothy39
10-04-2006, 10:38 PM
Does this help?[/QUOTE]

Okay Karen, someone just helped me figure this out, at least I think so!!! :rolleyes:

Dorothy39
10-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Does this help?
:D :D

Dorothy39
10-27-2006, 06:42 AM
What did you want to happen[quote]

Does this help?