PDA

View Full Version : WOOOO HOOO Holidays

Glacier
01-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Today is my last day of work until March 1!!! I can hardly wait for this day to be over. I was supposed to be handing for a Yukon Quest musher, but she has had to withdraw. So now I am going to spend a week with my family and the rest of the time I will be hanging out with my own dogs. It snowed earlier this week and there's enough for the dog sled now. I can't wait to run during the week when no idiots are on the trails! I won't have to leave Franklin at home unless I really want to go on a Sunday afternoon!

Course I will have to play nurse for Stuart too, but hopefully he won't need surgery. He's already going stir-crazy and would be thrilled if he could go back to work in a week or so!

I just can't wait to get out of here (and I actually like my job, imagine if I didn't!)

Ginger's Mom
01-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Ah yes, no matter how much you like your job nothing compares to being on a real vacation. And even better having 32 days to spend with 23 gorgeous pups. Wow!
Hope Stuart is feeling well enough that maybe you two can take a trip somewhere special for some of that time.

lv4dogs
01-27-2006, 12:50 PM
You are SO lucky to have a month off of work. Geesh why can't we have those kinds of holidays here in the states? :p

Husky_mom
01-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Geesh why can't we have those kinds of holidays here in the states?

in the states??!!!!! in the world!!!!! LOL lucky you Glacier!! i cant wait to have a DAY off, a DAY! ;)

i wish i can someday go NEAR where you live, or even just drop by to say hi ;) , but i´ve always wondered when would it be better you know because of the cold, long days, long night, i would love if you could tell me a bit about this, if you please ;)

lvpets2002
01-27-2006, 01:04 PM
:) Just think I thought my Holiday of 11 days was great.. I am so jealous that you get a whole month off.. Hey you go girl & have a blast with all of what you do.. Sledding pictures please..

Glacier
01-27-2006, 01:08 PM
in the states??!!!!! in the world!!!!! LOL lucky you Glacier!!

i wish i can someday go NEAR where you live, or even just drop by to say hi ;) , but i´ve always wondered when would it be better you know because of the cold, long days, long night, i would love if you could tell me a bit about this, if you please ;)

One of the good parts of a government job--great benefit package!

The best time of year to visit depends on what you want to do. December and January are the darkest, coldest months. February and March are my favorite time of year up here. The days are not quite so short, there's lots of snow and the temps are fairly moderate. Well, moderate for the North, probably still extremely cold for someone from Mexico! There are also lots of activities in February--winter festivals, the Yukon Quest, some smaller dog races, Frostbite Music Festival.

The summers are also great too though for visitors. Wanna play golf, ride a bike, take pictures at midnight? Not a problem, the sun is up. It is hard to sleep at first, but you adjust or get an eye cover thing!

The scenery here is always spectacular any time of year.