PDA

View Full Version : Year of the Dog

ramanth
01-27-2006, 10:26 AM
January 29th kicks off the Year of the Dog. Give your pooches a big hug on Sunday.

I was born in the Year of the Snake, Andy, the Year of the Rat.

What's your Chinese sign?

Year of the Dog - Chinese Horoscopes (http://chinese.astrology.com/year/index.html)

Chinese Astrology by Shelly Wu (http://www.chineseastrology.com/wu/index1.html)

:D

wolflady
01-27-2006, 10:33 AM
I was born in the year of the Dragon! :D

Every year since I moved to California, I've gone up to San Francisco for the Chinese New Year parade. It's really entertaining:
http://www.sanfranciscochinatown.com/events/chinesenewyearparade.html

**hugs**

ramanth
01-27-2006, 10:43 AM
You are so lucky! Take pictures! :D

lv4dogs
01-27-2006, 10:47 AM

Every year since I moved to California, I've gone up to San Francisco for the Chinese New Year parade. It's really entertaining:
http://www.sanfranciscochinatown.com/events/chinesenewyearparade.html

**hugs**

I was also born in the year of the dragon, hence my dragon tatoo.

I bet the parade is awesome. I too would love to see some pics of it!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Oh whoopee I'm a snake (sorry reptile lovers)........at least I get to hug my Tobey at the weekend (like I need an excuse)

Husky_mom
01-27-2006, 12:06 PM
i´m a HORSE !!!!! and proudly a LEO too!! i really dont know how but most thing said about horse and leo´s signs persons really adecuate to myself, of course there are exceptions but for the most parts it is

buttercup132
01-27-2006, 01:15 PM
i was born the year of the horse too

.sarah
01-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Year of the dragon!

gemini9961
01-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Rooster here and it describes me pretty well.

smokey the elder
01-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Year of the Pig. "oink" :D

prechrswife
01-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Year of the Rat here.

k9krazee
01-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Dragon!!! :D

crazy_caique
01-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Year of the Dragon too.

Chica
01-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Mine is the year of the Dragon!!!!!IS that AWESOME!!!! :) The Dragon is one of the most powerful and lucky Signs of the Chinese Zodiac. Its warm heart makes the Dragon's brash, fiery energy far more palatable. This is a giving, intelligent and tenacious Sign that knows exactly what it wants and is determined to get it
CHICA====Year of the Rooster!!!!
The Rooster is the strutting peacock of the Chinese Zodiac! These quick thinkers are practical and resourceful, preferring to stick to what is tried and true rather than taking messy, unnecessary risks. Roosters are keenly observant.

slick
01-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Yup, count me in as another Dragon. :)

Almita
01-27-2006, 08:29 PM
yup yup yup I'm the Monkey that is so me!

The spunky Monkey is the original party animal! Charming and energetic, Monkeys crave fun, activity and stimulation. They truly know how to have a good time and can often be seen swinging from one group of friends to another, attracting a motley crew in the process. Always upbeat, they are considered minor celebrities in their circle thanks to their sparkling wit and that rapier-sharp mind. Perhaps surprisingly, Monkeys are also good listeners and tackle complicated situations with ease. This Sign's natural curiosity lends it the desire to become knowledgeable on a broad range of topics. Monkeys have a show-off side that loves nothing more than to dazzle their pals with all they know.

The Monkey tends to be rather accident-prone due to a certain lack of very high morals. This Sign's first interest is pursuing its own pleasure; this is not a malicious interest, it's just the way the Monkey is. However, this kind of carefree self-involvement can lead to all kinds of scrapes. In love, the Monkey makes a fun, exciting lover -- but one that may have the potential to stray romantically. The good news is, the Monkey’s glib manner and witty repartee can often get this Sign out of a scrape. Perhaps not everyone will be won over by the Monkey -- but do you think the Monkey really cares? The Monkey's world, full of devil-may-care energy and revelry, isn't for everyone. Remember, though, it's not that this Sign is mean; it might just be a bit too curious for its own good. Monkeys often feel the need to try everything at least once, which can make for a merry-go-round of relationships.

The Monkey's love of self-indulgence can also lead to other types of trouble. This Sign may have limited self-control concerning food, alcohol and other pleasurable activities. It's party time all the time for the Monkey, yet when it leads to a monster hangover or a shattered heart (generally someone else's, not theirs), this Sign might actually show a touch of remorse. They won't flat-out admit the error of their ways, but at least they'll pull back and try to tone things down -- for a while.

Monkeys must try to learn to think of others ahead of themselves, at least some of the time. This Sign's world will be more complete once it realizes the world doesn't revolve around it.

The most compatible match for a Monkey is the Rat or the Dragon.

Chica
01-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Almita, tell your friends your nick name is "Spunkey monkey" :)

Almita
01-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Almita, tell your friends your nick name is "Spunkey monkey" :)

Lol I should huh?!

Cincy'sMom
01-27-2006, 09:13 PM
I'm a rabbit...barely! I had a book of the Chinese Zodiac in college, and the year of the rabbit ended on Janurary 30, 1976 (my birthday). I was born at 11 something at night..an hour later and I would have been a Dragon.

dogzr#1
01-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Monkey here:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-28-2006, 04:05 AM
I am born in the year of the Monkey :p :p ;)

lizbud
01-28-2006, 10:59 AM
It says my sign is the Earth Cat. :confused: What other kind is there?

Alysser
01-28-2006, 11:10 AM
The year of the Monkey for me! My mom, sis, and bro is the year of the Horse. My dad is the year of the rat.

RICHARD
01-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Question?

If boys born under the Dog sign are boy dogs,
What are the girls known as? :confused:

Girl dogs, of course! :)
What were you thinking???? :eek:

gini
01-28-2006, 11:30 AM
There sure are a lot of dragons here - me too - a metal dragon!

Corinna
01-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Ok am I the only Ox ? I sure Married wrong Hubby a dog I should have a snake or Rooster . Daughter rooster son Pig :rolleyes:

finn's mom
01-28-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm the year of the dragon. :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
01-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Year of the horse and proud of it!:D

vinjashira
01-28-2006, 07:06 PM
GONG XI FA CAI
to those who celebrate Chinese New Year :)

poofy
01-28-2006, 07:59 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/lvpups/dog2.gif

In the West, the Dog is man's best friend, but in Chinese Astrology this Sign is a little more unpredictable than that. Dogs are loyal, faithful and honest and always stick to their firm codes of ethics. However, this Sign has trouble trusting others. It's generally quite trustworthy itself -- except for the occasional "little white lies" the Dog tells in order to make things go more smoothly. The Dog makes a wonderful, discreet and loyal friend (despite any white lies) and is an excellent listener. This Sign tends to root for the underdog and its keen sense of right and wrong makes it duty-bound to the core. The Dog's mantra seems to be, Live right, look out for the little people and fight injustice whenever possible. :)

cyber-sibes
01-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Year of the snake here!

Toby's my baby
01-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Goat here .. . .:o

primabella
01-28-2006, 08:44 PM
The websites aren't working for me .. but I think I'm the year of the Rabbit.

Happy New Year to those celebrating. :D

king2005
01-29-2006, 09:06 AM
I'm year of the dog & have been waiting for the year of the dog stuff to come out at the post office!!

Edit:

oh.. its already out
canada post, year of the dog (http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/collecting/default-e.asp?stamp=stpdtl&detail=1349)

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/collecting/bin/images/2005_dog_main.jpg

beeniesmom
01-29-2006, 09:50 AM

ME TOO!

K9karen
01-30-2006, 12:57 AM
I'm a whittle bunny wabbitt.

krazyaboutkatz
01-30-2006, 01:15 AM
I'm a Tiger and I just learned that I'm a water Tiger. :)

ramanth
01-30-2006, 10:12 AM
Lot of dragons here! :D That's a really cool stamp that Canada has! :D

I loved finding out my elemental for my sign.

I'm a Fire Snake and Andy is a Water Rat. According to my book we are Yin and Yang. Not a perfect match but very compatible. :D

king2005
01-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Lot of dragons here! :D That's a really cool stamp that Canada has! :D

I loved finding out my elemental for my sign.

I'm a Fire Snake and Andy is a Water Rat. According to my book we are Yin and Yang. Not a perfect match but very compatible. :D

Canada's Post Office does it every year.. So far Year of the monkey has been their BEST stamp of all!