PDA

View Full Version : anyone Vegetarian?

ZiNg
01-27-2006, 02:09 AM
is there any veg*ns here? :confused: I myself am a vegetarian

Just added: www.VegCom.com - It's Your Veg*n Community!

.sarah
01-27-2006, 02:43 AM
I'm a vegetarian. Have been since November 18, 2004. :)

The Cat Factory
01-27-2006, 03:01 AM
I am a vegetarian :)

chrissycat21
01-27-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm a vegetarian. :)

Rachel
01-27-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm not a vegetarian, but I do eat much less meat and many more fruits and vegetables than I used to. Meat is more of a condiment for my meal. I know that isn't exactly what you ascribe to but I still believe it is beneficial for those of us who don't have a full out commitment to being a vegetarian.

G.P.girl
01-27-2006, 12:04 PM
I'm vegetarian too :)

Suki Wingy
01-27-2006, 04:25 PM
used to be. I don't eat much meat though because I don't really like the way it tastes, I prefer tofu.

CathyBogart
01-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Actually, I am in the process of cutting most of the meat out of my diet, though more for health reasons than any real objection to eating animals. If anyone has any vegetarian recipes to share, they would be much appreciated! I wanted to post my recipe for vegetarian chili but I can't find it. >.<

sammy101
01-27-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm not.To be honest,it would be difficult for me to go veggie.

Almita
01-27-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm a vegetarian but since my I'm mexican my family always eat that i try to find something else. Also since next week i'm going to Outdoor ED it's gonna be hard because they are eating Spam and it's gonna be hard i'll probably eat whatever they are handing out with Spam.

buckner
01-27-2006, 05:59 PM
I'm a vegetarian who eats seafood; I'm a pescetarian.

I used to be a vegan, and my doctor advised against it. And because of health problems, she wanted me to start eating seafood. So, only for health reasons am I eating fish or any animal products.

However, I'm allergic to dairy and I don't eat eggs often at all. If it wasn't for the "having to eat fish" thing, I'd go back to being a vegan.

Flatcoatluver
01-27-2006, 08:25 PM
I am vegetarion too.

ZiNg
09-26-2006, 04:08 PM
I am glad to see some Vegetarians on here, I own a Veg*n Commuity and I want to invite all the veg*ns to it www.VegCom.com

k9krazee
09-26-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm a vegetarian. :)

Chilli
09-26-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm a vegetarian. You could call me semi-vegan. I used to be a full blown vegan, but I'll have to wait until I move out before I can do it again. =)

tessa_s212
09-26-2006, 06:18 PM
My sister is a veggie. She's not active at all, so she can get away with eating so little..but I couldn't. And meat is all we ever have to eat in my house.

Husky15
09-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Used to be a vegetarian. I am not but it is quite a rare event when I eat meat. I don't have anything against people who eat meat, I just prefer not to. Half because it's animals, but also because I naturally don't like meat.

zoey
09-26-2006, 06:25 PM
No.
I like the idea for some reason. And I have a respect for those who follow vegitarianism.
Health food ideas have always appealed to me.
My family is really organic, fruity, nutty, and veggie, lol.
However, for myself personally, I have found that i truly feel better w/ some meat in my diet. :D

Pembroke_Corgi
09-26-2006, 07:23 PM
I'm a vegetarian. :) It's been 10 years already! :eek:

AvaJoy
09-26-2006, 08:16 PM
I have been a vegetarian for many years. No meat whatsoever; I do eat seafood sometimes. As for dairy products, I eat cheese and rarely ever eggs, but when I do it is only the whites, scrambled or hardboiled.

I always ate spinach with dinner just about every night, but now with the E-Coli scare I am unsure as to whether to take the chance on even the locally grown spinach . . . :eek: . . . I REALLY miss it in my diet! :(

Karen
09-26-2006, 08:26 PM
I have been a vegetarian for many years. No meat whatsoever; I do eat seafood sometimes. As for dairy products, I eat cheese and rarely ever eggs, but when I do it is only the whites, scrambled or hardboiled.

I always ate spinach with dinner just about every night, but now with the E-Coli scare I am unsure as to whether to take the chance on even the locally grown spinach . . . :eek: . . . I REALLY miss it in my diet! :(

They say you can have spinach safely IF you cook it.

"E. coli 0157 on fresh produce can be killed by heating at 160 F for at least 15 seconds."

Or you can use frozen spinach.

dogzr#1
09-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Nope, I am not vegetarian. I eat too much and too often to not have meat in my body. I eat like 7 times in a day, but every time I do, they are small meals. Plus, I love my burgers and pizza too much! :p

Miss Z
09-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I am vegetarian and have been so for 6 years. I can truly say I've never felt better, physically and mentally :)

Cataholic
09-27-2006, 01:18 PM
My sister is a veggie. She's not active at all, so she can get away with eating so little..but I couldn't. And meat is all we ever have to eat in my house.

WAH??? I ran 3-5 miles, daily, worked out with weights probably 4-5 times a week, worked full time, AND was a veggie......So, that isn't really an excuse.

I am, once again, veggie.

Lizzie
09-27-2006, 01:41 PM
I've been vegetarian for 20 years and can't imagine going back to being a meat eater. Although I changed my diet for ethical reasons, the health benefits have been great. Like Cataholic, I'm very active, work out with weights, cut down trees and drag boulders in my garden, etc. and don't feel any lack of energy or strength. If it wasn't for enjoying the occasional cake treat and a sprinkle of sheep's milk romano on my casseroles, I'd be vegan.

Cataholic
09-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Like Cataholic, I'm very active, work out with weights, cut down trees and drag boulders in my garden, etc. and don't feel any lack of energy or strength.

Like Cataholic WAS!!!! <sigh>...one day..... :o

Lizzie
09-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Like Cataholic WAS!!!! <sigh>...one day..... :o

Doesn't looking after Jonah count as weight lifting and sprinting?

sumbirdy
10-02-2006, 01:59 PM
I have been a vegetarian for exactly 2 days now! I thought it would be hard but ever since i watched that video on peta2.com i can't even look at meat without thinking of it and getting sick. So even if i wanted to eat meat i wouldn't be able to. i actually like being a vegetarian and thinking that i am saving an animal. it makes me feel good about myself.

AvaJoy
10-02-2006, 07:09 PM
They say you can have spinach safely IF you cook it.

"E. coli 0157 on fresh produce can be killed by heating at 160 F for at least 15 seconds."

Or you can use frozen spinach.
[/FONT]I heard that, too, and may have to resort to frozen (yuck!) unless I can muster the courage to try locally (NJ) grown . . . it was so convenient to buy a pre-packaged bag of baby spinach leaves and sprinkle them over my evening meal and then microwave for a few minutes. The frozen is so overcooked and watery. I am thinking of substituting maybe Kale, which is supposed to also be rich in nutrients. Thus far, the grocery stores are not even carrying any locally grown spinach. I had read in the newspaper that since NJ is one of the leading producers of spinach, the farmers were going to "test the waters" to see if they can sell any of their remaining crops, or have to plow under. Could be they decided that consumers are simply too scared to buy spinach, no matter WHERE it was grown. :(

This whole incident makes me wonder what other fruits and vegetables could be suseptible . . . and here I always thought fruits/veggies were safer to ingest than meat, virus/bacteria-wise. I would never go back to meat, but am not so trusting of the safety of what I buy at the farm stands or supermarket any longer. :(

slleipnir
10-02-2006, 07:17 PM
I honestly don't think I could do it. I really don't like veggies all that much to begin with :o But I really like meat...so I don't think I could give it up for something I don't like much