PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do..

sandragonfly
01-26-2006, 07:23 PM
if you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?

I've been thinking and thinking but never get a best answer!

k9krazee
01-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Take a picture...I don't know :o

sandragonfly
01-26-2006, 07:30 PM
lol, so true.. :o that's one thing we could do..

I would hate the idea of looking at the picture, realize again that they're endangering or gone. . . :(

jesse_3
01-26-2006, 08:07 PM
lol..Gina, that is a good question! I would dare say that I would take a picture. For crying out loud, I wouldn't even know if the plant was endangered!!!!

Steph and the gang

Karen
01-26-2006, 08:20 PM
I'd hope that, by eating the endangered plant, it would help it's propagation somehow - some plants rely on other speciaes to eat their berries, for example, to spread the seeds further than just having the berries drop on the ground!

Corinna
01-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Good answer Karen. Good question Gina

lv4dogs
01-27-2006, 08:07 AM
I'd hope that, by eating the endangered plant, it would help it's propagation somehow - some plants rely on other speciaes to eat their berries, for example, to spread the seeds further than just having the berries drop on the ground!

You took the words out of my mouth.
Of course I would take a picture too!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-27-2006, 08:31 AM
I'd side with the animal

sandragonfly
02-15-2006, 02:21 PM
why? (if curiosity doesn't kill a cat) ;)

hmm, not bad thought karen. doesn't all plants have seeds? lol

I wonder if there's any picture like this!

Anita Cholaine
02-15-2006, 02:24 PM
That's a good question... I'd like to know the answer...

Miss Z
02-15-2006, 02:53 PM
I'd side with the animal

Yeah, me too:rolleyes: I suppose that you could try and find another one of the same type of endangered plant and try and get the seeds if they're ready, you couldn't do that with animals.

moosmom
02-15-2006, 03:41 PM
K9Krazee said it best...

TAKE A PICTURE!!

lizbud
02-15-2006, 04:36 PM
I would bet that nobody would know that either was on the
endangered list.So, probably nothing would happen.

Lizzie
02-15-2006, 05:24 PM
I'd let Mother Nature take her course. Intervention by humans too often makes matters worse, even when our hearts are in the right place. I'll never forget watching a film of a large group of people trying to rescue a moose from where it had fallen through ice into the middle of a lake. I know they had the very best of intentions but, to me, it extended the last hours of the animal's life and made them even more traumatic and terrifying. I always beat myself up after one of my cats has died, questioning how I extended their life and whether I only saw what I wanted to see or if they truly got more quality time.

I'm sorry if I've veered off your topic a little, Gina, I hope you don't mind. My question to everyone would be "How do you react when the natural world is about to destroy something you don't want to be destroyed?" If you saw a bald eagle scoop up a kitten (something that very nearly happened to one of my kittens years ago), let's say. Or a hawk zooming in to snatch a wren.

Vela
02-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Then I'd let them eat whatever it was they were hunting. Not my place to step in and decide, well not my pets, but a wild animal yeah. It's the way it's supposed to be. The food chain is set up to provide for the higher ups so I'd let them have the wren or whatever it was. It's all a balance. Predators are supposed to and have to hunt the prey, or the prey animals become too abundant, therefore actually starving themselves and us out by eating everything when the land can't support the numbers.

As for the endangered animal eating an endangered plant? Well I wouldn't know if either was endangered, so I'd just keep on walking by LOL.