PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Samson

prechrswife
01-26-2006, 05:49 PM
We are starting to get a little worried about our Samson. I started noticing last week that there was more than the usual amount of food left in the dishes in the evenings, and in the past couple of days, we've noticed that Samson has lost some weight. He is still eating--still runs for the dish when I put food out--but not as much as he has been. He also hasn't been as active lately. I can't remember how long it has been since he's had a playful moment. Outside of those things, everything seems normal. He's still his usual snuggly, loving self.

Samson came to us as a stray, so we really have no way of knowing how old he is. When we first took him to the vet, it was estimated that he was between 4-7 years, which would make him now between 7-10 years.

If we haven't seen any improvement by Monday, we're heading to the vet. Of course, if things get worse, we'll go sooner.

catmandu
01-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Could you put a little extra on his food to entice him,which is what I do when the Found Cats do not seem to be the Hungry Ctas that they usually are.
a Little piece of say Pork.
Or some New Food,a Pouch of say Iams or Eukanuba.

kb2yjx
01-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Our Norton behaves like that just before he throws up a BIG furball!!! But, just to be safe, since Samson is an older fellow, it probably would be worth the vet visit to get him checked out and maybe bloodwork to see how his kidneys, thyriod , etc are doing. Fingers and 8 set of paws crossed that all is well.Please keep us posted!!

Laura's Babies
01-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Let's just hope he is feeling "punk" and will bounce right back soon!

jazzcat
01-27-2006, 01:39 PM
I hope Samson is okay. Ripley has lost weight lately and I took him to the vet last week and found out he has a bladder infection. Now that he's had antibiotics and valium (to help him chill out) he's eating and gaining weight.

Cataholic
01-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Hmmmmm...I hope this isn't anything more than just a few off days! Keep us updated.

prechrswife
01-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Thanks for all of the replies. He is pretty much the same as he has been for the last few days. He's lying in the chair next to me right now.

momcat
01-29-2006, 01:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Samson isn't feeling well. Prayers are being prayed that the problem is nothing serious and will clear up in no time. Please let us know what your vet says?

prechrswife
01-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Just to fill everyone in, Samson seems to be back to his old self. He has been more active and has been eating better. I'm guessing he just had some kind of little bug that had him not feeling so well. Since he is better, we won't be making a trip to the vet tomorrow, but we'll be watching him closely.

orangemm
01-29-2006, 03:41 PM
That is good news! Maybe he just had some 'off' days; we get them sometimes, maybe cats do, too. Here's hoping he'll keep on!

prechrswife
01-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Thanks. The tough thing about him is that we have no idea how old he really is or what exactly he went through before he came to us. We've had him for three years this month, and he is a real sweetheart.

Catty1
01-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Glad to hear it...I guess, like humans, our kitties can be 'off' for a day or so.

I hope he keeps it up - he is a wonderfully handsome cat, and I am happy he is feeling better.

krazyaboutkatz
01-30-2006, 12:35 AM
I'm glad to hear that he's doing better and I hope that he continues to remain a happy and healthy cat. :)