PDA

View Full Version : I think this is so wrong! What do you think?

Jadapit
01-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Another city in the Denver area (Commerce City) is banning the pit bull. You have to go by strict rules if you are a pit bull owner. You have to register your pit bulls. Anyway, the people so far that have went by the rules and registered their dogs were treated dirty IMHO. The newspaper there put everyones address in the paper. They said everyone that lives there needs to know where the pit bulls live. I saw an interview on the news with one of the ladies that has her address in the paper. She is now afraid for her dog. I dont blame her. :mad: I dont know about Colorado sometimes. Here is the article if you want to take a look at it. http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4416508,00.html

caseysmom
01-26-2006, 12:12 PM
To me its just like guns, the honest citizens who are responsible with their dogs and report and registar are not the problem, its the dishonest ones that are using them for aggression that we most need to worry about that will not registar. Although I probably wouldn't tell them that state seems scary to me now.

JenBKR
01-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Oh come on! That's ridiculous! Just one more step in the wrong direction :rolleyes: I don't understand people who are so against any specific breed :confused:

cyber-sibes
01-26-2006, 12:16 PM
I would be VERY worried too if someone published my address and claimed I had a "dangerous" dog! :eek: Obviously someone behind this has a vindictive personal agenda.

lv4dogs
01-26-2006, 01:52 PM
I would be VERY worried too if someone published my address and claimed I had a "dangerous" dog! :eek: Obviously someone behind this has a vindictive personal agenda.

I agree!

Roxyluvsme13
01-26-2006, 01:54 PM
That's terrible! Who knows what people will come do to the so called "vicious" dogs!

Pembroke_Corgi
01-26-2006, 02:01 PM
That is disheartening. People never never ever look at "facts." Tons of people are bitten by dogs every year, mostly kids actually, most of the time by a dog they are familiar with. How many of these dogs are actually pit bulls? Probably a small percentage. The media likes to play on people's fears and it works. I can't believe they are actually publishing people's adresses? :eek: That seems so wrong.

Alysser
01-26-2006, 02:10 PM
:mad: That's just really wrong. A pits dispostion depends on the owner. Just like every other dog! Even, abused pits love humans. It's sick.

Jessika
01-26-2006, 05:40 PM
I think in order to stop illegal breeding and fighting of pitbulls that owners and breeders SHOULD be registered! Then again, I think any breeder of any breed should be registered to begin with, and to get registered they have to meet a certain criteria and then get yearly checks if they want to keep their license. If that makes sense?

Oh well. I feel so bad for the Pits, but I am completely on their owners' sides!!

Vela
01-26-2006, 06:04 PM
Well people kill more people and hurt more people than any animal alive ever thought of doing, I think we should ban stupid people, like the ones who made up the law in the first place.

lizbud
01-26-2006, 06:17 PM
A city can make any ordinance they want, but the plublishing of addresses
of all owners IS an invasion of privacy. The paper could be sued, big time.

Lady'sOtherHuman
01-26-2006, 06:22 PM
I totally agree. It's not the breed itself they should be worrying about it's the people who own the dogs and training them to be aggressive. In Massachusetts some home insurance companies will not insure your home if you have certain breeds of dogs that are considered breeds used for guard duty or are known to be aggressive.

Oh come on! That's ridiculous! Just one more step in the wrong direction :rolleyes: I don't understand people who are so against any specific breed :confused:

jesse_3
01-26-2006, 08:28 PM
This is absolutely insane! I remember reading that out of all dog breeds most likely to bite, pitties were fourth from the bottom of the list!
I really hope that people start to get a grip...Pitties are just as loving, and kind as any other dog breed. This really makes me angry...

Steph and Jes

Kfamr
01-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Lets see..

Hundreds of addresses with Pit Bulls are listed to the public.
A thug wastes his 25cent drug money on a paper, gets the contact info for and steals hundreds of money-making Pit Bulls (to him), and he has a whole new business!

GREAT.

What idiot put these idiots in charge of such things? :confused:

bckrazy
01-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Wow, it's like an innocent pet Pittie is being treated like a freakin sex offender. >:[ how repulsive. I totally agree with Jessika, that all dog breeders/owners should register their dogs so they can be kept track of.

pnance
01-27-2006, 01:13 AM
I think pit bull (or any breed) bans do more harm that good and make absolutely no sense. I agree with some of the others who've posted ban the owners not the dog. That said publishing adresses is absolutely horrible and I'm guessing considered an invasion of privacy so probably illegal as well. :mad: