PDA

View Full Version : How do you boil eggs?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-26-2006, 11:41 AM
No, really, seriously. I know you boil the water then put the eggs in, but for how long? I've heard of "3 minute eggs" but I think those are kind of "rare"? I want mine to be completely done so how long do I leave them, and do I have to turn them?

As you can see, to Terry's chagrin, I'm no cooking aficionado. :rolleyes: :p

Killearn Kitties
01-26-2006, 11:48 AM
:D I love the thought of a "rare" egg! I believe if you want to make sure they are hard boiled, it's best to heat the water in the pan from cold, don't add boiled water to the pan. I think 5 minutes would probably do it, but I'd leave them for 7-8. Just don't do as I once did, put the eggs on then get involved in a film. I remembered I was boiling eggs when I heard them explode in the kitchen. :eek: The pan had boiled dry. I couldn't get rid of the smell for days.

Husky_mom
01-26-2006, 11:48 AM
since i dont eat eggs i dont know, but as far as i know its between 5-10 and you could turn them over if you want, i guess it also depends on the flame you are boiling them but you could give a try at 5-7 so it doesnt gets overcooked........

Lady's Human
01-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Just for amusement i googled this, and lo and behold:

http://www.goodegg.com/boiledegg.html

Good luck, T+P. :D

lvpets2002
01-26-2006, 11:52 AM
:) I have always set a timer for 12 minutes to boil eggs & they have always been good.. Also if you put vineger in the water while boiling your eggs will peel just perfect..

cyber-sibes
01-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Don't feel bad, I had to look up how in a cookbook! It said to cover with cold water (fill at least 1" over eggs) and bring to boil, cover, turn off heat, cover, and let sit for 20-22 minutes. Then immediately put them under running cold water to cool them, crack shells underwater, then roll eggs between hands to loosen shells. Peel when cool.
This is how I do it now and they are perfect!

kuhio98
01-26-2006, 11:56 AM
My husband's breakfast favorite is what he calls "six minute eggs". They are still runny and goopy after 6 minutes. So, if you want hard boiled, you'll need to boil them longer than that.

Laura's Babies
01-26-2006, 11:58 AM
You put the eggs in a pot and cover them with water, several inches above the eggs. Start with cold eggs, cold water and start the boil slow to "set" the egg. If they are covered with the water, there is no need to turn them, they will cook. I would boil (on medium) at least 10 minutes.. cut them off and let them sit a few minutes, then pour out the hot water and cover with cold water, dump that and cover with cold water again until the water stays cool.. Peeling immediately helps them to peel easier. (I always add some salt to my water before they start to boil too to help them peel easier)

Randi
01-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Debbie, you can't be serious!! :D

Ok, boil enough water to cover the eggs. When it boils, put them in, I usually prick a hole in them to avoid them cracking (I'm talking about 1-2 eggs here). If you want them "softboiled" white solid but yolk soft, leave them in for 5-6 min. then put cold water on for ten seconds to stop the heating process. If you want them hard boiled, but still with a kind a softy yolk, leave them in for 8-9 min. :)

zippy-kat
01-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Yay! Someone else to join me in the "microwave compatible" club! :D

Don't feel bad - I had no clue how to boil eggs, either! I don't even know how long to fix a hamburger. :o

I don't mind baking but I LOATHE cooking.

pitc9
01-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Don't feel bad, I had to look up how in a cookbook! It said to cover with cold water (fill at least 1" over eggs) and bring to boil, cover, turn off heat, cover, and let sit for 20-22 minutes. Then immediately put them under running cold water to cool them, crack shells underwater, then roll eggs between hands to loosen shells. Peel when cool.
This is how I do it now and they are perfect!

Sounds like you have the same "Big Red Betty Crocker Cookbook" as I do! :D

Logan
01-26-2006, 02:21 PM
I bring them to a boil, turn off the heat, cover them, and let the "sit" for a while, Debbie. Works perfectly, every time.

Logan

sandragonfly
01-26-2006, 02:30 PM
at least a few inches over eggs.. don't they float? why has mine.. :confused:

and have you tried with foodcolor? :D (sooo me, I know) :p :)

RICHARD
01-26-2006, 02:31 PM
I don't even know how long to fix a hamburger. :o

You "fix" a hamburger leaving out the "pickle"....... :eek:

T&P..

To keep the yolks from turning gray, let them cool by themselves....they will turn the nice yellow color you see on the cooking channel!

LOLOL

Only on PT could anyone post a question like that, get answers, suggestions and jokes from all across the planet.....

------------------------------

Great deviled eggs.

Boil and peel.
mash and add mayo, a little brown or spicy mustard. some greens (parsley, chives or ????) Toast some rye bread and enjoy.

Barbara
01-26-2006, 03:30 PM
I had no idea there were so many different methods. I put them in cold water, heat until they boil and then 7 minutes. Siegmar wants them 3 minutes (rare), me 5 (medium) :D

Filou wants his yolk raw. Without the white please :D

cyber-sibes
01-26-2006, 05:29 PM
[color=purple]at least a few inches over eggs.. don't they float? why has mine.. :confused:
Sometimes the end of the shell will "point" up, but the bottom stays down. If they float, the eggs have gone bad - DON'T EAT THEM!
Also, when the yolks get that discoloration, it's because the eggs are overcooked. (or so I've heard)

Sounds like you have the same "Big Red Betty Crocker Cookbook" as I do!

It's an oldie but goodie - just a good basic cookbook that weighs a good 5 lbs.! But it's got all those simple things in it, like boiling eggs, to complicated stuff I'll never even attempt! You can tell my favorites by the butter & oil stains! :D

popcornbird
01-26-2006, 06:18 PM
LOL Debbie. :D

I usually put 1 or 2 eggs in a little pot, and put enough water to cover the eggs. If you put some salt in the water, it prevents the shells from breaking. Turn on the stove and wait for the water to boil. Once the water starts boiling, I set the timer at 3 minutes. After the 3 minutes are up, I take the pot off the stove, pour the water out, and cover the eggs in it for awhile. They're perfect that way...not too soft and not too hard, but just right. ;) If you want the yolk to be hard, boil it for 4 - 5 minutes. I personally don't like boiled eggs if the yolk gets too hard, and I hate it if its too soft, so 3 - 3.5 minutes is good for me.

G535
01-26-2006, 06:19 PM
I must admit that when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was a joke! :)

I just put them in warm water and when they boil, cook for 6 to 10 minutes, time depends on what they're used for.

kb2yjx
01-26-2006, 06:47 PM
WhenI want hard boiled eggs, I put the eggs in the pan of water, turn on the stove, and put the timer on for 22 minutes. I check to see if I need to turn down the heat(have an electric stove). The eggs are perfect....

Jessika
01-26-2006, 06:51 PM
I boil water on the stove, set the eggs, let them boil for a few minutes (probably around five minutes?) then remove them from the heat and set the pan in the kitchen sink and just turn on the cold water and let it run in the pan and over the sides for another minute. Then, I just let them sit for awhile until they're cooled off!

sandragonfly
01-26-2006, 07:06 PM
quoted by cyber-sibes
Sometimes the end of the shell will "point" up, but the bottom stays down. If they float, the eggs have gone bad - DON'T EAT THEM!

yikes!! really? :confused: everytime, everytime I just boil them right after I got them at grocery, they just always float on the sides and points too. at least I haven't died yet! :p

but anyway, my way - I start with cold water, boil for about 10-15 minutes until I see, what is it called, egg foams? floating up, they're ready for devil eggs!

lbaker
01-27-2006, 08:26 AM
The cooking methods suggested are perfectly sound, the length of time depends on whether you want them totally cooked through or just heated up and not runny. Another hint for totally cooked (for deviled eggs for example) is NOT to use the freshest eggs but any eggs that have been in the fridge for a few days. Some professional cooks suggest letting them sit on the counter for 1/2 to one hour or so. Alway finish by running under cold water (the eggs silly, it's too cold out for you to run around under cold water, especially in Chicago) :D :p for ease in peeling.

Rachel
01-27-2006, 08:50 AM
LOL Debbie. :D

I usually put 1 or 2 eggs in a little pot, and put enough water to cover the eggs. If you put some salt in the water, it prevents the shells from breaking. Turn on the stove and wait for the water to boil. Once the water starts boiling, I set the timer at 3 minutes. After the 3 minutes are up, I take the pot off the stove, pour the water out, and cover the eggs in it for awhile. They're perfect that way...not too soft and not too hard, but just right. ;) If you want the yolk to be hard, boil it for 4 - 5 minutes. I personally don't like boiled eggs if the yolk gets too hard, and I hate it if its too soft, so 3 - 3.5 minutes is good for me.

This is more or less what I do as well except I don't do the last step of covering the eggs. My eggs aren't runny either. Some of you seem to be cooking for an awfully long time. Seems that your eggs might be a bit too *rubbery* for me. I've also used the method of heating to boiling, covering and letting sit for twenty minutes, but that takes a little longer. I always start with the eggs in cold water as opposed to dropping them into boiling water.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Gee, glad I asked! ;) :D

I had heard so many different stories that I figued I'd better ask to get it right..... ;)

What I did: Cold eggs in cold water. As soon as it started boiling I set the timer for 10 minutes because I wanted them hard boiled. I was upstairs on the computer when the timer went off so they probably were boiling for 12 minutes before I got back to them. Rinsed them in cold water and let them sit on the counter to cool. The bad news is I forgot about them and left them on the counter all night. I'm thinking they'll still be ok because Easter eggs sit out for a few days and are still good, right? I didn't have time this morning to peel them so I don't know how they turned out yet, but will be sure to let you all know! :D

Richard, I knew I had heard something about how to prevent that gray color, but I couldn't remember what it was. Thanks for clearing that up. :D

Thanks everybody! For my next act I'll dial the phone for pizza delivery....... :o ;) :rolleyes: :D

Barbara
01-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Not boiling them 12 minutes will also help with the gray/green.

Of course you can eat them next day! Peel them and make egg salad sandwiches :)

Christiansmommy
01-27-2006, 10:10 AM
This is how I was always taught...and how I do mine. I put the eggs in a pot, and cover them with tap water. Put them on the stove and wait for them to boil, once they are boiling, I time them 6 minutes. I sometimes leave them longer,but 6 minutes seems to do it...infact, i think i will go make some :)

Robyn

Pawsitive Thinking
01-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Only eat scrambled...on toast...........with Marmite...............

lbaker
01-27-2006, 10:18 AM
"Marmite" :confused: Is that like marmalade??

Edwina's Secretary
01-27-2006, 10:26 AM
How nice to know ....Karen....that I am not the only one who has exploded eggs. Aren't they a pain to scrape off the ceiling?????

Randi
01-27-2006, 10:35 AM
This is Marmite for you! :D I use to hate it, but love it now - spread thinly on toast.

http://www.c-wilkie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/jokes/images/marmite.jpg

Randi
01-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Not boiling them 12 minutes will also help with the gray/green.

Of course you can eat them next day! Peel them and make egg salad sandwiches :)
I totally agree - with both statements. ;)

And btw, you can not really use any of these timings, apart the ones where you time it from when the eggs actually boil, it depends on how many you're boiling - that's why I said one - two eggs in my post. ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
01-27-2006, 10:47 AM
"Marmite" Is that like marmalade??

Eggs and marmalade??????? :confused: bleugh.............its a lovely yeasty spread

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-27-2006, 12:25 PM
How nice to know ....Karen....that I am not the only one who has exploded eggs. Aren't they a pain to scrape off the ceiling?????
:eek: :eek:
Sounds like I may be just one teensy step ahead of you in the kitchen department, Sara. ;) :D :D

Not boiling them 12 minutes will also help with the gray/green.I was thinking the same thing, Barbara. :D :D But I have to wait until tonight to peel them to see how they turned out. Will let you know.

I actually made them because I found a yummy chicken salad sandwich recipe. I never thought of putting eggs in my chicken salad, but it makes it nice and creamy like - yummy!

Barbara
01-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Marmite is Marmite and everyone in the UK loves it. And Vegemite is Vegemite and everyone in NZ loves it. And no it isn't like marmalade :D

This is one of the funniest threads in a long time. I don't know what to think of the fact that two of my closest worldwide freinds are in the same small group of egg-exploders :D :D ;)

lbaker
01-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Does a potato exploder count? In my brand new oven, a few years ago, I put in baking potatoes and for some horrible reason I forgot to poke them. Next thing I heard were EXPLODING POTATOES in my new oven :( :eek: :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
01-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Nightmare! Exploding potatoes??? Oooo, I've never done that! At least the oven must have confined the spray! :D Much as I hate cleaning the oven, it is probably marginally better than scrubbing the ceiling ... and the walls ... and the windows ... and the doors ...

Edwina's Secretary
01-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Okay....truth time....I've done the exploding eggs TWICE! The first time I put them on to boil and went to take a shower. On the way to the shower I spied a book I was reading. Sat down to read a bit. Finally went to shower. Wondered about the firecrackers I was hearing....but it was 4th of July weekend so..... Got out of the shower. Read a bit more. Was thirsty. Went to the kitchen for a glass of water.....smoke and egg bits everywhere.

The second time the mess was not so bad.....but the smell was. Since then I do not leave the kitchen area while boiling eggs....

lbaker
01-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Oh Karen, and Sara.. sorry Debbie - you too ~ I think we will NOT be allowed in Gini's kitchen this summer :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
01-27-2006, 06:28 PM
And I was going to volunteer to bring egg salad!

RedHedd
01-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Alway finish by running under cold water (the eggs silly, it's too cold out for you to run around under cold water, especially in Chicago) :D :p for ease in peeling. :D :D

Lady's Human
01-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Exploding eggs aren't the worst kitchen disaster. One package of Pop tarts, a US Army Major who shall remain nameless to protect the foolish, and the Fort Drum Fire Department.

Said Major wanted pop tarts after his run. He put the pop tarts into the oven, set the oven on BROIL and went for his run. The Major came back to his barracks to find the FT Drum FD in front of the building with smoke pouring out of the kitchen. It's amazing how much smoke those pop tarts can produce!

We also had someone do something equally stupid with spaghetti, so we weren't letting either one of them near the BBQ grill. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Perfect! If anything, they were actually a little undone. The center of the yolk was not quite as opaque as the rest of the yolk, but I would consider all of your advice excellent since they turned out so well. Oh, and no gray/green at all! I was surprised but since the center wasn't quite completely done, I guess they weren't overcooked at all. Don't know how that could be after 12 minutes..... :confused:

I've racked my brains and for the life of me, I can't ever remember exploding anything - what a boring life I've lived. :(

slick
01-27-2006, 08:26 PM
OMD....I've had such fun reading through this thread.....who would have thunk that a question about boiling eggs could generate so much response and so much laughter at the same time. Exploding eggs..... :D :D Sorry to laugh as I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time.....it's the visual.

Prairie Purrs
01-27-2006, 09:36 PM
And then there was the time that I was boiling eggs and the eggs didn't explode, but pretty much everything else did. :eek:

Somehow the electric stove melted a hole through the bottom of the pan. There was a loud POP, the water drained out, and a fuse blew. Quite the adventure!

Killearn Kitties
01-28-2006, 06:37 AM
How on earth did you manage that one? Were you boiling your eggs in particularly corrosive acid? :D

Randi
01-28-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm glad someone asked about Marmite, I had forgotten I have some in my cupboard - it will keep forever, I think. Wonder how similar it is to Vegemite.

When I England I used to buy some to bring home. One Christmas, I was out shopping with John's sister and I wanted Marmite but couldn't remember the name of it. She had quite a few laughs, me trying to explain what it was. :D

BitsyNaceyDog
01-28-2006, 09:09 AM
You put the eggs in a pot and cover them with water, several inches above the eggs. Start with cold eggs, cold water and start the boil slow to "set" the egg. If they are covered with the water, there is no need to turn them, they will cook. I would boil (on medium) at least 10 minutes.. cut them off and let them sit a few minutes, then pour out the hot water and cover with cold water, dump that and cover with cold water again until the water stays cool.. Peeling immediately helps them to peel easier. (I always add some salt to my water before they start to boil too to help them peel easier)

That's basically what I do too, except I didn't know about the salt trick.
Earlier this morning I was looking in my refrigerator and thinking about boiling some eggs. Now I'm definitely going to have to, this thread has me craving them.

RICHARD
01-28-2006, 10:35 AM
How many pet talkers does it take to boil an egg?

One to post the thread.

Some to read the thread

More to volunteer advice.

A couple to admit to their culinary shortcomings.

The original poster to take advice, boil some eggs, forget about them, remember them later, then peel -do a careful examination of said egg, then proclaim she didn't get any bad advice.

How many PTers does it take to boil an egg?

Who cares when you have this much fun doing it and there are no pots to wash? ;)

lbaker
01-28-2006, 11:55 AM
As we speak I am boiling eggs, only I can't remember exactly when I put them on :o Just before I logged onto PetTalk actually but I have, after all, looked at a few other threads. hmmm, I'll just have to wing it! What I do is wait until I can spin them and they twirl, not wobble. (good trick, and it works!).

Randi
01-28-2006, 12:18 PM
How many pet talkers does it take to boil an egg?
I've been waiting for that one! :D

I'm in the process of using an egg, but for dipping a pork shop in, and then in breadcrums. If I keep sitting here, I'll never have my dinner. :rolleyes:

If I told my friends and family that I'm a member of a board where fifty people have posted about how to boil an egg ..... what do you think they'd do! :eek: :D

slick
01-28-2006, 02:57 PM
I was out running errands this morning and got back just before Noon. My stomach was talking to me....I hadn't had breakfast yet. Now, I don't eat many eggs at all because sometimes they do funny things to my insides...will save you the details. Anyway, I remembered this thread so I thought I would give it a try.

Small pot, 2 large eggs, enough tepid water to cover
About a minute after setting element to high, one of the eggs cracked so I fished him out and replaced with another one.
Took about 6 min. to come to a boil (I have an electric stove)
Turned down to low and set timer for 2 1/2 min and turned on the toaster oven for my toast.
After the timer went off, I drained the water and let eggs sit in pot until my toast was ready..about a minute later.
So I cracked open the first egg and it was hard. I like it on the soft side so I can dip the toast in the yolk.
Cracked open the second egg (the one that went in last) and it was perfect.

So next time I'll start the eggs in hotter water so it takes less time to boil and only cook for about 2 min. Then drain and let sit for another minute.

See what you started Debbie??? :D

Barbara
01-28-2006, 03:36 PM
If you want to dip the toast in your yolk you better start with boiling water and put a tiny hole in the egg (there are machines at Williams Sonoma I suppose that do that) and just give it 3-4 minutes.

We never mentioned the question of the white: I think it is yucky if the white is still fluid. Siegmar has no problems with it. Thus in hotels where they have boiled eggs I get one and check it: if the white is still fluid, he has to eat it :p

BTW Marmite looks like Gimpet paste for cats :D I wonder whether Gimpet tastes the same :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-28-2006, 07:16 PM
How many PTers does it take to boil an egg?

Who cares when you have this much fun doing it and there are no pots to wash? ;)
Reminds me of lemonade for some reason..... :D The good news is Mario wasn't involved in this one. Mario and eggs can get quite messy. :eek:

You guys are all right - who would have ever thought a simple question would turn into such an entertaining thread, not to mention a craving around the world for boiled eggs! I figured I'd get a few "What kind of idiot are you?" posts, one or two good advice ones and that would be the end of it.

Barbara, have a quite a few glasses of wine, try the Gimpet paste and let us know if it tastes like Marmite. I've never had Marmite so I wouldn't be a good tester - whew! :D

Barbara
01-29-2006, 05:09 AM
Barbara, have a quite a few glasses of wine, try the Gimpet paste and let us know if it tastes like Marmite. I've never had Marmite so I wouldn't be a good tester - whew! :D

Good I didn't read that yesterday. Now it's too early for wine and anyway I have run the test the other way round: F+T never wanted to share their Gimpet with me but they couldn't care less for Marmite :D

BitsyNaceyDog
01-29-2006, 08:50 AM
Right after I posted on this thread yesterday I went and boiled some eggs. Later I went to my dad's house, guess what he was doing? Boiling eggs too!

RICHARD
01-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Hey T&P,

When you post "How do you make a standing rib roast, garlic infused potatoes, green beans and radicchio salad with a lemon vinagrette" we'll know we created a monster!

lbaker
01-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Funny you mention that Richard, it occured to me over the weekend that somewhere along this thread Debbie, you said you wanted to find out about boiled eggs because you were making chicken salad. Well EXCUSE ME Miss Thing, but there is nothing lame or simple about making good chicken salad, with or without hard boiled eggs :D ;) :p I bet you are secretely a whiz in the kitchen and just try to get out of cooking ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-30-2006, 12:14 PM
I bet you are secretely a whiz in the kitchen and just try to get out of cooking ;)

:eek: :eek: My secret is out!!!! Drat, now Terry is going to be expecting gourmet meals from now on.....

Fortunately for me, I'm not kidding. Terry says I'm a good cook. I say I know how to open packages quite well, and boiling water I've got down to a science. Anymore than that...well...let's just say...you're on your own. ;)

Richard, the day I ask about the standing rib roast is the day you can haul me to the loony bin because of right here, right now.....what is a standing rib roast? Rib roast, ok, fine, a cut of meat, probably beef, but why is it standing? :confused:

Zippy, can you hand me the number for the pizza place? ;) :rolleyes: :D

lbaker
01-30-2006, 12:37 PM
"Why is it standing?"

Because no one asked it to dance of course :eek:

hahahaha, that reminds me of Zippy's joke about Arnold the carrot who was the only vegetable at the prom being unhappy - because he had to take a leek :D

RICHARD
01-30-2006, 01:20 PM
what is a standing rib roast? Rib roast, ok, fine, a cut of meat, probably beef, but why is it standing? :confused:

lolol,
Why does it stand? Hemorrhoids?? :eek: :rolleyes:

Before it's cooked it's tied up so the ribs stick straight up....

http://images.scrippsweb.com/FOOD/2003/12/29/pa1a04_rib_roast_e.jpg

Funny what I have learned from Pet Talk!!

Killearn Kitties
01-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Does anyone else put boiled eggs in their steak pie? I have a friend who puts all the steak mixture in the dish, then presses however many halved hard boiled eggs it takes into the mixture round the edges of the dish, then puts the pastry on top.

Killearn Kitties
01-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Richard! There is a Christmas cracker in that picture! I was under the impression they were unknown in the States.

smokey the elder
01-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Boiled eggs are good in meatloaf. You put them down the middle.

Barbara
01-30-2006, 02:21 PM
My mom always put boiled eggs in a meatloaf. If you boil them way to hard they add a little green to the loaf :D

lbaker
01-30-2006, 02:33 PM
"I DO NOT LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM" :eek: :D What's a Christmas Cracker?? Sounds like a rude Southern thang :o

RICHARD
01-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Richard! There is a Christmas cracker in that picture!

NOW what did I do???

What is a Christmas cracker??

http://www.imagitek.com/xmas/crafts/cracker.html

LOLOLOL, someone is going to channel Nigella pretty soon!

Killearn Kitties
01-30-2006, 02:56 PM
I was trying not to mention Nigella ...

Where did you find that link?????!!!! Toilet tissue??? What on earth is that? Please allow me to assure you that nothing from the toilet is allowed on my dinner table!!

To continue ... Christmas crackers are a tradition here, on the table on Christmas Day. Everyone gets one, and they contain a small gift, a paper hat (which all the oldies like to wear), and one of the worst jokes of all time.

RICHARD
01-30-2006, 03:21 PM
I was trying not to mention Nigella ...

Where did you find that link?????!!!! Toilet tissue??? What on earth is that? Please allow me to assure you that nothing from the toilet is allowed on my dinner table!!

To continue ... Christmas crackers are a tradition here, on the table on Christmas Day. Everyone gets one, and they contain a small gift, a paper hat (which all the oldies like to wear), and one of the worst jokes of all time.

I took the pic off of a cooking site....the CC came from another site...Here in the colonies we usually call something like that a 'party favor'..not a "Potty Favor", of course the people from the NorthEast have funny accents! ;)

Toilet tissue is.....Why do I see THIS thread spiraling out of control???..tioilet paper......they are talking about the cardboard tubes the keep the shape of the rolls......We Am mur i cans are a funny lot!

This is probably something for Martha Stewart to explain! :eek:

lbaker
01-31-2006, 07:29 AM
They contain... "one of the worst jokes of all time"... sounds like initiation at Thursdays :eek: :D

AbbyMom
01-31-2006, 12:50 PM
We Am mur i cans are a funny lot!

EGG-actly!

sorry. couldn't resist.

Edwina's Secretary
01-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Karen......I'll ask....what's a steak pie?

And Debbie....for standig rib roast....go to Lowry's on Illinois Street downtown. They serve it with yorkshire pudding..... :D :D

lbaker
01-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Sara, some of those folks on the "other side of the pond" put things like, UGH, innards.. and make a wierd "beef, heart, liver & kidney" pie :eek: But then they also eat weird things like whatever that moooshed up stuff is they put on toast. Weird :confused: Sorry guys, I'll stick to my Scrapple (which by the way is made of pig parts :o ) JUST KIDDING!!! Well, not about the pig parts :p

Killearn Kitties
01-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise steak pie was "local" to us! The filling is a bit like a thick stew. Do you know stew? A casserole perhaps. Chunks of steak, tasty gravy, and as Laurie says, Steak and Kidney is very popular too, but steak pie doesn't need to have kidney in it. The whole thing is topped off with a flaky pastry and is absolutely wonderful!

Edwina's Secretary
01-31-2006, 04:49 PM
So it is chicken pot pie (which I am making tonight for dinner) only with steak instead of chicken and maybe kidneys! Is that kidneys (as in water filtration) or kidney beans?

lbaker
01-31-2006, 04:55 PM
I believe the kidneys she is referring to are the, yech... water filtration kind Color me green :rolleyes: :D ;) That's OK, we eat weird stuff here too! Ever heard of Rocky Mountain Oysters? :eek: :D
Sara I believe has heard of them, I even posted a recipe in the Dreaded "KLAM JUZ" thread!! :D

Edwina's Secretary
01-31-2006, 05:04 PM
I ate kidneys once (the water filtration system). But it was France so you expect that kind of thing. It wasn't TOO mad. But then the lamb I had ordered arrived. The waitress took the lid off...I expected a nice shoulder or chop and :eek: :eek: :eek: there sat the operational end of the solid waster removal system on my plate. Smelled like it too!

*** and yes...I am familiar with Rocky Mountain Oysters...but have never eaten one.....

RICHARD
01-31-2006, 05:05 PM
The filling is a bit like a thick stew. Do you know stew?

Stew???

As in a Stewart? :confused: :eek:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2006, 05:11 PM
So it is chicken pot pie
Just what I was thinking! Sounds yummy in either chicken or beef versions....as long as there are no kidneys of the water filtration type - ugh! Funny how innards have gone out of vogue here in the colonies.....

My mom used to take lard sandwiches to school for lunch. I thought this was the grossest thing in the world until I went to Germany.....

Of course.....I used to take Miracle Whip sandwiches to school for lunch and some people might think that's gross too.....including me! :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Killearn Kitties
01-31-2006, 05:12 PM
Excuse me? What does my godson, Stewart, have to do with boiled eggs? He likes Marmite on his toast though! ;)

Killearn Kitties
01-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Yes, Sara, just like chicken pot pie, but with steak. And yes, I mean the water filtration type of kidneys. Loads of folk don't like the thought of offal. Steak pie on it's own is perfectly acceptable without the kidneys. :D

RICHARD
01-31-2006, 05:25 PM
Excuse me? What does my godson, Stewart, have to do with boiled eggs?

You asked it we knew Stew....and for a second there I thought we were headed into a cannibalism thread! :rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

Barbara
02-01-2006, 04:12 AM
I have no idea how this thread ending up here after starting nicely but yes- the German, French AND Italian cuisine is full of stuff like kidneys, tripes, heads etc.

Regarding all this I would qualify as an American because I never ate it, even at a child. In Paris there used to be butcher shops that had nothing but that stuff (entrailles it's called, that means guts) and I couldn't even go along them as I couldn't stand the smell.

However, being an advocate of cultural relativity: in all poor cultures, meat is not wasted the way we do it only eating ribs and fillets and converting the rest to cat food:p

moosmom
02-01-2006, 06:59 AM
I know I'm a little late posting, but I figured you've already gotten your answer.

I put the eggs in cold water in a pan and put it on a medium heat. Once the water starts to boil, I allow 5 minutes then I take them and run them under cold water, to prevent them from still cooking.

STRONG WORD OF ADVICE:

Do NOT fall asleep while boiling eggs. 1. They explode. 2. They a 6itch to clean off the ceiling and walls.

Trust me, I speak from experience! :p

Barbara
02-01-2006, 07:02 AM
Donna, you are number 3 now with the experience "How to explode eggs without a microwave!" :D

sasvermont
02-01-2006, 07:05 AM
For days now, I thought this thread was a joke, but hey, you guys really are talking about boiling eggs.

When I get some spare time, I may just read all the posts about egg boiling, and learn something!

:) :D :D :D

Pam
02-01-2006, 07:14 AM
Me too Sallyanne. I have only read this page and don't have time to read it all but will later on. Richard's comment about cannibalism had me laughing out loud! :D :D

moosmom
02-01-2006, 08:09 AM
Barbara,

Good! I thought I was the only yutz that did that!! I should start a "How to Make an Egg Explode without a Microwave Club" Anyone care to join??

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Barbara,

Good! I thought I was the only yutz that did that!! I should start a "How to Make an Egg Explode without a Microwave Club" Anyone care to join??

Too late, Donna, it's already started! You're member #3. Sara (ES) and Karen (KK) are the other members. Anymore members out there?

SAS, Pam and Donna, you really do need to go back and read the entire thread. There is SO much more involved than boiling eggs. :D

Barbara
02-01-2006, 09:24 AM
You can see that it is a very exclusive club with only the most honored members :D

I will see whether I can make some eggs explode this weekend only to have the fun of joining it :D

lbaker
02-01-2006, 09:33 AM
I should be granted "honorary mention membership" for my ability to explode potatoes :eek: :o :rolleyes:

slick
02-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Who can forget what we cooked up at Gini's last year.....
Deflated Peep anyone???

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5d938b3127cce92bfd7bf428600000016109BYt2Llq2I

cavylove
02-01-2006, 12:56 PM
it normally takes about 5 mins to boil eggs. but i like them runny so you can dip soldiers in them. yum :p

lbaker
02-01-2006, 01:15 PM
:confused: why would you want to dip soldiers into runny eggs :confused: There must be an explanation better than the mental image that presents :eek: :rolleyes:

slick
02-01-2006, 01:50 PM
:D :D By soldiers I think cavylove means "toast points" or something similar. I cut my toast into strips for dipping in the yolk....and that's no yolk..... :D :D BTW, I remembered back in the early 80's when a friend told me you could nuke a bratwurst.....but she neglected to tell me to stab it a few times first. There nothing quite so ugly as an exploded weinie. :D

sasvermont
02-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Years ago, when I was married, it was my responsibility to make deviled eggs for a boat load (really...it was a boat club) of people. I was newly married, couldn't cook worth a hoot....so I went to the market and bought a few dozen of eggs. I boiled them, and then TRIED to peel them to begin the process of making the filling etc. Well, none of the eggs would peel without falling apart. It was as though the shell was glued on the egg. I wasted so many eggs, cried, got yelled at the entire time. I felt like such a failure. My husband (soon to be ex) was no help and made me feel even worse. To tell you the truth, I don't know what we took to the party in place of the eggs, but it had to be one of my lowest points in my marriage.

Sad isn't it!????!!!

I still do like deviled eggs and have since learn to NOT buy fresh eggs and expect them to peel nicely.

I have also set a bagel on fire in the microwave, but I will save that story for another time.

:rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2006, 02:20 PM
:D BTW, I remembered back in the early 80's when a friend told me you could nuke a bratwurst.....but she neglected to tell me to stab it a few times first. There nothing quite so ugly as an exploded weinie. :D

:D :D :D

and somehow this statement goes well with the following post from SAS! Perhaps this is what she should have tried!

lbaker
02-01-2006, 02:31 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

RICHARD
02-01-2006, 02:45 PM
My favorite saying for this week....

" I can see this thread slowly spinning out of control...." :D

Barbara
02-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Sallyanne: you should have made it a murder and I'm glad you didn't make it a suicide :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-01-2006, 03:30 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :D
Ditto, along with a lot of :D :D :D
Thanks for the late afternoon chuckle.

Gosh, I've lived such a boring cooking life. Note to self: make something from scratch this weekend so I can have a good story to tell the next time a thread like this comes up. ;) :D :D

buttercup132
02-01-2006, 03:36 PM
This thread is so funny :D

Killearn Kitties
02-01-2006, 04:38 PM
:D Oh, and to think I have only exploded eggs! I've led such a boring life!

Yup, "soldiers" are strips of buttered toast that you dip in soft boiled eggs.

RICHARD
02-01-2006, 06:01 PM
I've led such a boring life!

Wait until the old E.W. trick happens to you!!!!! :eek:

Then your life is complete! :rolleyes:

T&P,

How's about a standing rib roast? ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-01-2006, 07:59 PM
T&P,

How's about a standing rib roast? ;)

Not until you explain what "the old E.W. trick" is. :D

Edwina's Secretary
02-01-2006, 09:23 PM
I believe it is the Egg White trick...... ;) ;) ;)

slick
02-01-2006, 11:21 PM
I believe it is the Egg White trick...... ;) ;) ;)
OK, I'm going to make myself look stupid but.....hey, what else is new?? :rolleyes:

What is the Egg White trick......?????

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-02-2006, 09:21 AM
What is the Egg White trick......?????

Just what I was thinking, Slick. Ok, now we know what EW stands for, but we still don't know what the trick is. :confused: Come on Sara, spill it! Or Richard or anyone who knows!

lbaker
02-02-2006, 09:27 AM
You can spill the trick but please don't spill the egg whites, what a mess :rolleyes: YUCK, slime city ~

Barbara
02-02-2006, 09:34 AM
The official egg-hater thread

If you hate eggs you can

give them to Donna, Sara or Karen for cooking
give them to Laurie for the creation of slime city
give them to devilled Sas for peeling

new creative proposals welcome ;)

Edwina's Secretary
02-02-2006, 11:05 AM
We will need RICHARD to explain it....but I believe it has something to do with poking holes so it doesn't explode?

Need some help here RICHARD!!!! :rolleyes: :p :D

RICHARD
02-02-2006, 11:16 AM
We will need RICHARD to explain it....but I believe it has something to do with poking holes so it doesn't explode?

Need some help here RICHARD!!!! :rolleyes: :p :D

Exploding Wienie!!! :)

moosmom
02-02-2006, 11:38 AM
"Why is it standing?"

Because no one asked it to dance of course

Lbaker,

Where do you get these one liners???? Up until this point, I was in a very bad, cranky mood (my Paxil decided to take the day off) then I read your joke in the "Is It Thursday Yet??" thread and now this one and I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

You just crack me up!!

As far as eggs go...if I look at another egg, I'm gonna hurl. I've been eating egg salad (nothing else in the house but cat food and soy sauce) till it comes out my pores!!

joanofark
02-27-2006, 06:57 PM
I thought I'd gently *bump* this thread up for some more fun!! It's so funny!! Only PT would have a thread with SO many posts with such a silly title...:p

joycenalex
11-25-2006, 08:30 AM
after reading this, (and snorting coffee at a few points) i thought i'd share my EW story. last month i decided to make a midwest version of portuguese
kale soup. my recipe called for spicy sausage so i used some spicy chorizo along with kielbasa, and to "speed things up"(...i'm making soup, i should speed things up?!?) i nuked the semi frozen sausages. let me say there appears to be tensile strenght differences between polish and mexican sausage casings.
and i did make soft boiled eggs for breakfast this am :D

GreyhoundGirl
11-25-2006, 08:42 AM
:D hehe, you're right, only PT would have so many posts in such a silly thread. :p

Richard, you crack me up. :D

slick
11-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Oh my gosh, I was just thinking about this thread recently. I was watching Nigella (yes, Richard, she is still as lucious) on the Food network and she was demonstrating how to boil and egg. She said she starts with room temperature eggs, plunks them in boiling water for 4 min. "Now just crack open the top and just look at that yellow goodness. Take a hunk of bread and as you dive in, watch that beautiful yolk ooze all over the side." I'm sure there is many a man who need to take a cold shower after watching her show. Have you ever heard her describe that first bite of her Chocolate Cloud Cake or whatever it's called??? It should be X rated. :D

RedHedd
11-25-2006, 12:29 PM
so i used some spicy chorizo along with kielbasa, and to "speed things up"(...i'm making soup, i should speed things up?!?) i nuked the semi frozen sausages. let me say there appears to be tensile strenght differences between polish and mexican sausage casings. :D I guess you *forgot* to poke them before you nuked them? :D How long did it take to clean up the mess? :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-07-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm sitting here on the computer with Rachael Ray cooking behind my head. She's talking about deviled eggs and gave the "recipe" for the perfect boiled egg. She says they'll be perfect everytime if you follow this procedure:

put one dozen eggs in cold water

put the lid on the pot

turn the heat on

turn the heat off the instant the water starts boiling

let them stand in the water for 10 minutes

drain and run under cold water to peel

"...and they'll be perfect every time!"

Now I know. ;) :D

ScottieMommy
11-07-2007, 02:08 PM
I leave mine in for 13 mins :P

Argranade
11-07-2007, 02:09 PM
I don't know if this was said or not but,

I know my boiled eggs are done when,

I take one out, spin it on the table and if it spins perfect and very fast with no wobbles it's done,

But if it spins slowly and wobbles then it still needs some more boiling. :D

Killearn Kitties
11-08-2007, 03:02 AM
put one dozen eggs in cold water

put the lid on the pot

turn the heat on

turn the heat off the instant the water starts boiling

let them stand in the water for 10 minutes

drain and run under cold water to peel

"...and they'll be perfect every time!"

Now I know. ;) :D
But have you tried it yet?

RICHARD
11-08-2007, 03:04 AM
This is another way to get boiled eggs.

"Honey, Can you make me a boiled egg?"

cassiesmom
11-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Here's how I do it. I put enough cold water in the pan to cover the eggs. I'm with lvpets2002 - just a bit of vinegar so they cleanly peel. I hate trying to peel an egg and having it look like a golf ball when I'm through. Put in the eggs (I use a serving spoon), cover the pan, and turn on the burner. When the water boils, shut off the burner and set a timer for 20 minutes. When the timer beeps, I like to take the eggs out of the hot water - I usually pop them in a bowl of ice water if I need them right away, or just cold water from the tap if not. I water my plants with the egg water when it's cool - supposedly the egg water is good for plants. My brother likes eggs a little softer so he takes them out at 15 minutes instead of 20.

And, on the subject of deviled eggs - I like the filling with mayonnaise, yellow or brown mustard, a little paprika (black pepper will do in a pinch) and a spoonful of sour cream or plain yogurt to make it smooth.

Edwina's Secretary
11-08-2007, 12:21 PM

No problem....RICHARD you are a boiled egg! :D :rolleyes: :p As much time as you spend it hot water it won't take long! :D :p :D

(although you should be careful calling me honey in public... ;) ;) )

angelbow20
11-08-2007, 12:40 PM
I always put salt in the water so peeling is much easier... I let them boil for atleast ten minutes and to tell if they are done I use a fork or spoon and pusk the egg with it.. If its really bouncy in the water Its done.

cassiesmom
10-06-2009, 07:46 PM

I thought the same thing: POOF, you're a boiled egg! What a great thread! Except for response #124 ... no humor at all ... what's her problem?!

RICHARD
10-06-2009, 10:44 PM
https://www.buyegggenie.com/?mid=547816&a=55986&s=infotv

WTF?:D

Pinot's Mom
10-07-2009, 05:17 PM
OMG this is too funny - I actually read the whole thread as I wasn't poster back then....this is hysterical!

RICHARD
10-07-2009, 11:35 PM
I always think of this thread when I make hard boiled eggs....:D

I saw the Egg Genie, forgot about it, then remembered the thread.:D

Lady's Human
10-08-2009, 03:28 AM
Egg Genie? Instead of a genie in a lamp, there's a genie in a chicken?

Who plays Alladin? Foghorn Leghorn?

RICHARD
10-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Egg Genie? Instead of a genie in a lamp, there's a genie in a chicken?

Who plays Alladin? Foghorn Leghorn?

There has to be a genie in a chicken...

I never figured out how the babies get put into the shell.:confused::eek::o

ramanth
10-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Andy's mom gave us something similar to an Egg Genie and despite only getting to cook 4 at a time, they are great! Peeling them is a breeze and they come out just right. No more boiling water for me. :)

RICHARD
10-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Andy's mom gave us something similar to an Egg Genie and despite only getting to cook 4 at a time, they are great! Peeling them is a breeze and they come out just right. No more boiling water for me. :)

I noticed you won't post the kind of machine you have.....;)

Come on......Give it up!:D

RICHARD
01-22-2010, 07:19 PM
https://www.ezcracker.com/Default.aspx

I laughed when I saw this....

RICHARD
10-06-2010, 03:51 PM
http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/10/06/ez-cracker-review-its-all-that-its-cracked-up-to-be/?icid=main%7Cmain%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk3%7C175735
;)

CountryWolf07
10-06-2010, 06:03 PM
I eat one boiled egg every morning for breakfast.

Lady's Human
08-24-2011, 10:17 AM
You mean this one, Lbaker?

:p

Fixing a hamburger by taking out the pickle? Booo.......

lbaker
08-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Absolutely, I would have answered you sooner but had to re-read from Post #1. Most certainly one of top ten ever (for the laughs and memories).

Thanks,
Laurie

cassiesmom
08-24-2011, 12:54 PM
You "fix" a hamburger leaving out the "pickle"....... :eek:

Mm-hmm ... And you fix a hot dog by leaving off the ketchup (at least if you're in Chicago).

But back to the topic -- nowadays I just go to the hospital cafeteria where they have hard-boiled eggs on the salad bar almost every day.

lvpets2002
08-25-2011, 12:52 PM
:eek: What A Hot Dog with Ketchup?? No Way here in TX its onions & chili on a hot dog..

Mm-hmm ... And you fix a hot dog by leaving off the ketchup (at least if you're in Chicago).

But back to the topic -- nowadays I just go to the hospital cafeteria where they have hard-boiled eggs on the salad bar almost every day.

happylabs
08-25-2011, 01:27 PM
:eek: What A Hot Dog with Ketchup?? No Way here in TX its onions & chili on a hot dog..

hot dog with saurkraut and mustard... YUM!

lvpets2002
08-29-2011, 12:58 PM
:) Mmm thats good too.. But I Loves my saurkraut.. I guess thats the German in me showing.. :D

hot dog with saurkraut and mustard... YUM!

kittycats_delight
08-30-2011, 07:44 AM
I was never a fan of saurkraut until I came to Italy. Here, at least in the north, not sure about the south, but hot dogs are served with saurkraut & can't forget beer. I don't like beer either except 1 kind from Belgium called Hoegaarden so I am a difficult one to please. LOL

RICHARD
09-03-2011, 04:16 PM
How do you boil an egg?

EGGIES!

https://www.geteggiestv.com/#TB_inline?height=400&width=650&inlineId=thickbox_form

Karen
09-03-2011, 05:14 PM
We talked about those in the "why do these exist?" thread!

RICHARD
09-04-2011, 02:59 AM
We talked about those in the "why do these exist?" thread!

I haven't been paying attention to the latest infomercials lately. I thought 'flat-bottomed' eggs to be a real novelty.:D

cassiesmom
12-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Alway finish by running under cold water (the eggs silly, it's too cold out for you to run around under cold water, especially in Chicago) :D :p for ease in peeling.

ROFL!! I came back to this funny thread for help with getting the shells off of hard-boiled eggs without losing too much of the white :D Thanks for the tip, lbaker! Buckingham Fountain is off for the season so I can't run under cold water anyway.

Karen
06-05-2014, 05:48 PM
I tried something new, I put a teaspoon or so of baking soda in the water I was booing eggs in the last time - supposed to make the shells easier to peel off. I normally don;t have a problem with that anyway, but it can't hurt!

Catty1
06-06-2014, 11:31 AM
I tried something new, I put a teaspoon or so of baking soda in the water I was booing eggs in the last time - supposed to make the shells easier to peel off. I normally don;t have a problem with that anyway, but it can't hurt!

Were the eggs easier to peel?

Karen
06-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Were the eggs easier to peel?

They were easy to peel, though I never usually have a problem with that! One of these days I will do a true trial - 2 pans of water, eggs at the same freshness level ...

pomtzu
06-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Just an FYI; the older the egg, the easier to peel. Why - I have no idea. Eggs you bring home fresh from the store will sometimes not peel very well at all, but the ones you've had in the fridge, say for a week or so, will peel with no problem. From my own experience, I have found this to be true.

Karen
06-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Just an FYI; the older the egg, the easier to peel. Why - I have no idea. Eggs you bring home fresh from the store will sometimes not peel very well at all, but the ones you've had in the fridge, say for a week or so, will peel with no problem. From my own experience, I have found this to be true.

It has to do with evaporation - the "staler" the egg gets, the more the white has evaporated and pulled away from the shell wall. Egg shells are porous. That is why a really stale egg will float - there is more air inside the shell.

I do after all, co-host Country Joe's Chicken Show http://CountryJoesChickenShow.com - it is on iTunes, now, too - so technical stuff I can tell you! :)

Lady's Human
06-06-2014, 05:57 PM
They were easy to peel, though I never usually have a problem with that! One of these days I will do a true trial - 2 pans of water, eggs at the same freshness level ...

Okay, Sheldon......

Karen
06-06-2014, 06:01 PM
Okay, Sheldon......

Hey, I tried one trial with two different egg sources in one pan - some a week older than the other one day, but was counting on the stamped shells of 3 of them, not realizing the boiling water would boil off the stamp ink!

Catty1
06-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Oops.... :D

RICHARD
06-08-2014, 10:06 AM
The thread that would not die........:)

Catty1
06-08-2014, 10:31 AM
The thread that would not die........:)

RICHARD, we're egging it on!

RICHARD
06-08-2014, 11:03 AM
RICHARD, we're egging it on!

Well, it's slowly turning into a 'yolk' around here.:rolleyes:;)

Catty1
06-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Well, it's slowly turning into a 'yolk' around here.:rolleyes:;)

The yolk will get old pretty soon - it'll be a shell of its former self. :p

RICHARD
06-09-2014, 11:38 AM
The yolk will get old pretty soon - it'll be a shell of its former self. :p

It won't get past of the point of being egg-cruciating......

slick
06-09-2014, 11:03 PM
I boiled eggs the other day for some egg salad!! Couldn't stop laughing as I remembered this thread. I wonder how Debbie and Terry are doing and wonder if anyone has heard from them?? I'm sure Debbie would be letting out a belly laugh if she only knew.

RICHARD
01-18-2015, 03:52 PM
here we go....................again!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/food/how-to-boil-an-egg-c1421183103158.html

Karen
01-18-2015, 05:58 PM
here we go....................again!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/food/how-to-boil-an-egg-c1421183103158.html

That has to be the most comprehensive run through yet - with all options covered in the discussion!

RICHARD
01-22-2015, 08:16 PM
That has to be the most comprehensive run through yet - with all options covered in the discussion!

The race always is won by the tortoise?

LOL, but had we waited, we'd never have eaten?:D

Randi
02-07-2015, 12:53 PM
I simply have to share this... how you peel an egg. There are two video clips.

http://www.superlike.dk/du-kommer-aldrig-til-pille-et-haardkogt-aeg-paa-andre-maader-efter-du-har-set-disse-klip/

RICHARD
02-09-2015, 09:52 AM
I simply have to share this... how you peel an egg. There are two video clips.

http://www.superlike.dk/du-kommer-aldrig-til-pille-et-haardkogt-aeg-paa-andre-maader-efter-du-har-set-disse-klip/

I tried the 'peel like a pro' approach and got egg all over the place, He never mentioned COOKING them first..... ; )

Randi
02-09-2015, 12:48 PM
Didn't they say hard boiled eggs in the video!? ;)