PDA

View Full Version : I'm sad...

dappledoxie
01-26-2006, 09:08 AM
My little baby girl is at the vet's today getting spayed and microchipped. I miss her so bad and I'm worried to death about her. I'm also having them run a urineanalysis/culture to make sure her bladder is alright. (When she was young she had a bacteria in her bladder)

I am just soooo nervous, I've put this off for too long but I'm trying to be strong. I just wanted to make a post and ask that you all keep her in your thoughts today, we've never spent this long apart and never overnight so I'll be sufferring more than her probably. Thanks you guys! <333

lv4dogs
01-26-2006, 09:09 AM
Oh I am sure all will be fine.

Claire will be in my thoughts today for a succesfull surgery & a speedy recovery!

dappledoxie
01-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Oh I am sure all will be fine.

Claire will be in my thoughts today for a succesfull surgery & a speedy recovery!

Thank you! :)

Anita Cholaine
01-26-2006, 11:11 AM
((((hugs))))) I'm sure that everything will go well...

Daisy and Delilah
01-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Awwww!! Don't worry too much Mom. Claire will be okay. She's a little cutie! ((((HUGS TO CLAIRE AND MOM)))) :) :D :)

luvofallhorses
01-26-2006, 11:24 AM
She'll be fine. :) (((reasssured hugs)))

Jadapit
01-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Oh, I know how you feel. I was a wreck when all my fur kids were spayed. She will be fine. :) (((Hugs)))

Ree'sKujo
01-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Don't worry fur mom.She'll be fine.My prayers are with her and let us know how she did.

Pembroke_Corgi
01-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Awww, it's hard to have her gone even for a day, isn't it? I know the feeling. I'm sure she'll be just fine. :) Hope everything goes well.

Roxyluvsme13
01-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Aww...Dont worry! Claire will be perfectly fine :) (((HUGS)))
(I'll probably be feeling the exact same way when Lily gets spayed :p)

Alysser
01-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Getting spayed is a VERY minor operation. I don't even think dogs can die from that. But she will be in my prayers:)

sandragonfly
01-26-2006, 02:49 PM
(((hugs))) let us know how it went! :)

petslover
01-26-2006, 02:51 PM
aww. I'm sure Claire will be fine. Please give us an update.

lv4dogs
01-26-2006, 02:54 PM
She should be about ready to come home I hope. How is everything?

dappledoxie
01-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Sorry I didn't update sooner, things have been pretty crazy around here. Well, here's what happend, first she, the receptionist, called me at around 2 to let me know Claire was about to have surgery because an emergency had come in right before it was her turn to have her spay that morning. Which I totally understood, 2pm isn't too awful late in the afternoon.

Well, 5 pm rolls around and I was getting worried so I got my boyfriend to call because I was stuck helping a customer. He tells me they said she was just about to have her surgery then. I got, well, to make it family friendly, I got pretty upset. I may have been over reacting but there was no way that I was going to let them do her surgery at 5pm, no way. They are a regular, non 24 hour clinic, a small clinic, and even though the receptionist told me the Dr. would be there until late, I still got really aggravated. I probably made them a bit mad, the girl was like, she'll be fine, the Dr. will be here until later tonight but I still didn't care. I didn't say anything rude to her at all, just that I did not want them to do it that late and that I was going to pick her up immediatley.

Do you think I was over reacting? Should I find a new vet? I myself feel like I should, I just can't believe these people whom I've been going to for so long would even consider doing surgery, even a routine spay, on a dog who has never had anesthesia, that late at night. Perhaps if they were open 24 hours a day I wouldn't feel the way I do. It made me feel like they thought, oh she's young and healthy, she'll be fine, we'll do it, let her recover while I go about doing things until around 7 or 8 and then I'm heading home, she'll be fine.... and I just did not like that at all.

Alysser
01-27-2006, 08:06 PM
I think you acting perfectly normal! :D

dappledoxie
01-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks! :)

.sarah
01-27-2006, 10:11 PM
That is pretty crappy of them. There should be hours of recovery time where someone will be watching Claire, not an hour or two while the doctor is up in his office or something and checks on her before he leaves.

CathyBogart
01-28-2006, 01:08 AM
I don't think you overreacted, that was NOT a responsible decision on their part.

KYS
01-28-2006, 01:20 AM
I also do not think you over-reacted, but if the vet had emergency
surgeries I can also understand that.
The vet office should of apologize and given you the choice
to either have the surgery or to re-schedule.
I would not have been a happy camper either.
If you like the vet than don't change, if not
than definitely find another.

chocolatepuppy
01-28-2006, 04:55 AM
Sorry to hear this Brandy, I don't think you overreacted, I would be worried too. Maybe you can talk to them and be sure she is rescheduled for an earlier appt next time. If they're not understanding about it, look for a new vet.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-28-2006, 06:07 AM
Oh, I know how you feel. I was a wreck when all my fur kids were spayed. She will be fine. :)

Jadapit is so right! I felt the same with my cats...! Your girl will be back to normal before you know it :)

BitsyNaceyDog
01-28-2006, 08:21 AM
Wow, I can't believe that. I would have done the same thing.
I've never had to leave any of my dogs overnight at the vet before. With all of them they have done the surgery early, kept them until late afternoon, then sent them home. Because no one is there overnight they let them come home, where they can be better looked after. That way if anything happens I can take him/her to the emergency vet (nothing has ever happened though).

dappledoxie
01-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Thanks everyone, I'm going to see what they say to me and I'm going to discuss what happend with them. I had already paid for the surgery and since they know me so well they just assumed I would be back, I might but if they don't sound understanding about things when I speak with them I won't be going back.

I was hoping they'd let her come home too KBlaix, since no one's there at night anyway, at least at home I could watch her in case she decides, in her loneliness and bordem, to go after those stiches.