PDA

View Full Version : My little piggies

nate1714
01-25-2006, 08:23 PM
ok i have gunie pigs in my room and they are loud...im looking for hints on how to keep them quite...not all the time but when i leave because my father isnt well and he cant be hearing them all the time...is there anythign i can do? feed them? see anyone about? something.....please

buttercup132
01-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Maybe they want more attention . How often do you let them out?

Jessika
01-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Guinea Pigs "squeak" when they get excited, when they're happy, or when they're scared.

When we were cleaning the guinea pig cages at work they always get some red and yellow peppers in the morning. Well we gave this white one his, and gave some to the others, and he just.. started squeaking like crazy! After thirty minutes I was like "Terri (the MOD) I think he wants some more peppers!!" and she was like "yeah I think you're right" so she gave him some extras, he stopped squeaking, walked to his food bowl and SAT on them. And stayed there all morning lmao

Anyway I know that doesn't really help you much but, does your gpig have a place to hide in the cage, such as an igloo or something? That might help. Otherwise ummm put a blanket that covers half of his cage?? Otherwise just spend more time with him! :)

Laura's Babies
01-25-2006, 10:48 PM
:( I don't know anything about these little sweeties..

My daughters kids use to have hamsters and rats and she would put them in the laundry room at night and shut the door so she couldn't hear them on the wheel running...

luvofallhorses
01-25-2006, 11:05 PM
I don't think you can stop that they are called piggies for a reason..;)
Just pay more attention to them. :) I grew up with piggies and
LOVE them. Any chance we can see pictures of them? :)
welcome to pt by the way! :)

Sonia59
01-26-2006, 05:53 AM
Guinea pigs ARE very talkative. I don't think you can stop them. The hiding place is a good idea. I made for my guinea pig a "bedroom" with a small polystyrene box that I cut to make a door. He was very comfy sleeping on it ;)

And sure, if they are lacking attention and they want more cuddling from you, they will also tell you loudly! :) Don't leave them alone, it will probably be worse ;)

I don't know if it helps you...

nate1714
01-26-2006, 07:03 PM
they have a blue house thing and i do play with them every day but when i go to classes they wont be quite from what i hear and then at night they do the same so i put alot of food in there cage all the time and now im afraid of giving them too much to eat....