PDA

View Full Version : look what we found! golden or goldendoodle

cali
01-25-2006, 08:19 PM
she is just a little baby puppy, my friends found her, and called me, my mom and I are trying to find her owners, we are thinking she is either a golden or goldendoodle, she had no collar or tags, and her tattoo is just a breeder number, so my mom posted the breeder number on a breeders list she belongs to.

here she is:

GoldenLuv
01-25-2006, 08:23 PM
looks like a mix with collie or something else

Suki Wingy
01-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Hmm.. looks like a mix to me but not a doodle. A family friend has a goldendoodle nad she looks nothing like the dog you found. Also the person on here who has doodles posted pics and they didn't look like that dog.

cali
01-25-2006, 08:26 PM
lol you cant really tell in the pics but her face is sort of poodley and her coat is slightly curly, her ears are very much golden retriever, but her tail fully curls over her back, he face mostly only look odd in the pics because she is severly undershot. my mom is calling her a golden retriever right now because of the breeder number, we are only guessing goldendoodle as she looks like most goldendoodles around here lol

buttercup132
01-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Definatley dosent look like a goldendoodle but a golden mix with something. I hope you find her owners or a good home for her. Good for you for takign her in though

bckrazy
01-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Thats nice of you to rescue her! She looks very sweet =0) I hope she finds her home.

She looks like a Golden mixed with a small breed, to me. Like, a GoldenxCocker or GoldenxBeagle. Her snout is way too short, IMHO, to be either pure Golden or a Goldendoodle. And her legs look a bit crooked, which would explain being mixed with a smaller dog. We can only tell so much from pics, though....

dab_20
01-25-2006, 09:31 PM
What a cutie she is! Nice of you for taking the time of finding her owners. :)

Sounds like a golden mixed with some kind of spaniel. If she's curly like that... most likely spaniel. Maybe Springer Spaniel? Depending on her size. Definatly not a doodle... she'd be a bit more scruffy.

cyber-sibes
01-25-2006, 09:38 PM
She sure is cute! What a pretty coat! good luck finding her owners. It's really nice of you to look after her.

cali
01-25-2006, 09:51 PM
hehe thanks, I have started calling her Cassie, it just seems to fit her :p she is very well behaved, but my goodness is she ever badly bred, he whole structure is just totally screwed up, her teeth are all over the place her legs are splayed everywhere... poor thing. I got her all cleaned up, removed all the mats, clipped her nails(they were like 2 inches long!) gave her bath.. someone suggested she was a Toller mix as she she has a white chest, white feet and a white circle on top of her head lol

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-25-2006, 10:06 PM
Poor girl, I'ms ure she's much happier now that you've got her cleaned up a bit. lol...I'm not sure what she could be, obviously a Golden mix of some kind though. I really don't see Toller at all, if there is it must ahve been a very badly bred one. Lot's of mixes have white markings just like Tollers, you can see her in person though so do you see any Toller?

animal_rescue
01-25-2006, 10:06 PM
someone suggested she was a Toller mix

I was just going to say that! She's cute though

BC_MoM
01-25-2006, 11:04 PM
I don't see any Poodle in her, but she is very pretty. :) Looks like she could use a bath!

Jessika
01-25-2006, 11:07 PM
I dunno, looking at the last picture posted I can KIND OF see some Poodle, but otherwise her coat just looks like that of a Golden puppy!

And don't think that markings (coat pattern etc) can determine what breed. Many dogs have similar coat colors or markings ;)

BC_MoM
01-25-2006, 11:09 PM
You know, she really doesn't even look like a puppy to me.. but I could be wrong. It's hard to tell from pictures.

cali
01-25-2006, 11:36 PM
to be honest we are so confused about her age right now lol the only reason we said she was a puppy is because she has a mix of adult teeth and baby teeth, but maybe its just cuz her mouth is so messed up? :confused: plus her nails, the thickness of them suggests adult but the legth of the white vs the legth of the quick conflicts that, her whole structer is so messed up that all the info of puppy vs adult just keeps conflicting.

BC_MoM
01-25-2006, 11:55 PM
She looks around a year to me.. or maybe close to? 10 months+?

Crazy-Cat-Lover
01-26-2006, 02:44 AM
Awww! She looks like a sweety! Check the molars for tartar buildup. Generally, the more there is, the older the dog is. If I could see her teeth, I could give you a pretty good estimate, thats what I went to college for! http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/114.gif

lv4dogs
01-26-2006, 08:16 AM
That is so great of you to take her in & look for her owners. I wish you the best of luck.

I am dissapointed that such a dog would have a tatoo from a breeder. I can tell by the pics that she is either very badly bred or a mix.

Hopefully she is just a loved dog & the owners decided to get her tatooed as an extra form of identification. I hope.

It is hard to tell but I think she looks old, I don't think she looks like a pup at all.

I wish you the best of luck at finding her home, hopefully it is a good home and the nails & matts were accidently overlooked or she has been loose for a while. :rolleyes:

anna_66
01-26-2006, 08:17 AM
Whatever breed/breed mix she is, she sure is a cutie pie:D

I'm so glad you've taken her in and are cleaning her up. Good luck on finding her owners!

cali
01-26-2006, 08:41 AM
the thing about her tattoo is that is is unlike the tattoos that any vets give over here, all the regular tattoos are numbers and letters all miss matched together, and each vet has a unique code. but cassies tattoo is more like a licence plate, it 3 big letters, then underneith is 3 small numbers. my mom has been looking up the tattoo everywher she can think of with no success yet.

cali
01-26-2006, 12:34 PM
my mom has called several places now, the tattoo is from out of provence, the shelter has no idea about such a tattoo, and it matches no vets around here. we have also allerted the natinal tattoo regitery in new york, and some tattoo your pets place. no luck yet. here only tater build-up is on her canines, her molars are pure sparkling white, she appears to be on a can food diet or at least semi-moist as she will not touch any dry food or treats at all, but she will eat rollover. I am very suprised by my dogs recations to her, I mean my dogs have NEVER accepted anything but puppys in their territory, yet they accepted Cassie with no issues at all, as if she was always one of the pack.

and a big shocker? my brother LOVES her! lol when Cassie saw him she went running up to him and followed him everywhere, so he cuddled with her for a bit, and when I came upstairs around 3am(Blair woke me up) Cassie came with me and my brother was in the kitchen, a smile spread across his face as he started telling his friend(who was over) that this was the dog he was telling her about! this is a shocker because my brother is NOT a dog person, ours dogs drive him nuts and he wont deal them them, they are not allowed in his room, and when my mom and I are away I have to get a dogsitter even though my brother is home because he wont deal with them.

cali
01-26-2006, 12:37 PM
ya know I just realize that I have now had about 10 people on 4 differnt message boards say she looks like a Toller mix lol

BC_MoM
01-26-2006, 12:57 PM
And she very well COULD be a Toller mix. :D Any new pictures to show us?

Is there any chance of you keeping her if you can't find the owners?

cali
01-26-2006, 01:04 PM
I would say there is a chance of keeping her if we cant find the owners, since she does fit in so well, and she is not to big and everyone even my brother likes her lol

here are some pics we took after grooming her last night

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-26-2006, 04:27 PM
lol...after seeing these pics, I changed my mind. She does really look like she could be a Toller mix, probably with Golden. She looks much better now that you've groomed her.

kimlovescats
01-26-2006, 04:59 PM
What a cutie .. I hope you can find her a home soon ... or that her owners will be looking for her soon. Good luck Pup!