PDA

View Full Version : traveling tips wanted

icedtea
01-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Hi can I have some tips fo travellign with my 8 week old kitten seafa?? we're travellling at 5 at night.

kimboe
01-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Hmm...traveling tips?
I guess make sure there is water and litter for her to get a hold of.
I'm not sure what else? I've never travelled with my kitties except to the vet.
Sorrry :confused:

catnapper
01-25-2006, 07:44 PM
You'll need a carrier, put a blanket on the bootom for her to lay on. How long is the trip? the length of time will determine what else you need.

icedtea
01-25-2006, 07:46 PM
4 hours. for th vet trip we gave her a blanket and her towel. i give her water bowl, too. she sat in it last time ll, because it was on shaded side of carrier. sun was on other side.

moosmom
01-26-2006, 08:09 AM
I traveled with my six cats when I moved from Connecticut to Michigan. (I've since moved back to CT). I didn't feed them after midnight before the trip. Although I DID keep water out. They all did great. Slept all the way. We're talking adult cats, not a baby kitty. I think your little one will do just fine. She'll probably sleep all the way as well.

4 hours isn't bad. My trip was 13 hours!! I drove straight through.

emily_the_spoiled
01-26-2006, 08:50 AM
If you can, strap the carrier into the seat using a seat belt. That way it won't go flying if you need to make a quick stop.

Also, if she has a favorite toy or blanket that she cuddles with, put that in the carrier with her.

catmandu
01-26-2006, 09:54 AM
She should be all right on a four hour trip.
I would put a toy on a string in her cage to keep her occupied during her journey.
Good Luck with Seafa.

Rie Rie
01-26-2006, 10:08 AM
She should do fine, being she's young. We traveled 4 hours with a kitten and two dogs back in 2000 and they all did fine. We were in a mini van and took out the middle seat so there would be plenty of room for them, one of the dogs was a big one. I had a small litter box and put it under seat in case my cat needed it.

icedtea
01-30-2006, 03:30 AM
seafa was the perfect traveller. she did reat. she slept and she didnt tear up everythign in the place she was stying, used her litter box and only scratched the outdoor mat, when we took hef or walkies. well doen seafa cat.

orangemm
01-30-2006, 04:27 AM
Good job, Seafa! When is your next journey? :D