PDA

View Full Version : Phred is HOME!!!!!

RICHARD
01-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Sorry folks....

I just get the heebee jeebees when I see the old thread pop up..

Phred,

Invite the Sandman over for cards! :D

Or

Get some sheep! :eek:

Karen
01-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Yup, Phred, how'd the follow-up with the kidney doc go?

When I spoke to Phred this weekend, he said even Boots spent the night on the big bed when he got home, a heretofore rare event!

kb2yjx
01-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi Phred!! I read that you had a power nap!!! How you doing??

slick
01-25-2006, 07:37 PM
Good plan Richard. :)
Phred, to echo Richard.....hope you can get a good night's sheep tonight.

Kfamr
01-25-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Whenever I went to the main page and saw the thread as the most recently posted too, I got frantic and had to look again. :p

Corinna
01-25-2006, 08:07 PM
Glad also I would get nervous

anna_66
01-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Hope the sandmans playing cards with you now Phred;)

Laura's Babies
01-25-2006, 08:26 PM
Good thoughts and happy healing thought coming Phreds way! BEHAVE PHRED AND DO WHAT THE DOC'S TELL YA!

AlleyCat
01-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Welcome back home, Phred !! May you be feeling better from here on out. You know you had lots of us on PT worried !! Sleep tight and hope ya feel better every day.

cyber-sibes
01-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Oh good, a new Phred Thread! Feeling better at home, Phred? Have the furmutts let you out of their sight yet? How's the sleeping going? You know, I could call you up and sing you a lullaby?... :rolleyes: then again, that might just keep you awake! :eek:

Daisy and Delilah
01-25-2006, 11:41 PM
Good move Richard!
I sure hope you're doing well Phred. How is the sleepytime coming along? Take care and I hope you're feeling better! :D

shais_mom
01-26-2006, 12:08 AM
:D :cool:

krazyaboutkatz
01-26-2006, 12:53 AM
Now that you're home Phred, I hope that you're able to get a good nights sleep. :)

LuvGold00
01-26-2006, 01:44 AM
I had a serious computer problem, but I'm back now and glad Phred is home!! Sending ZzZzZzZzZzZz's your way!

Cinder & Smoke
01-26-2006, 04:11 AM
Mornin! :p

4:30 AM ... Power Nappie ends ... wake & shove the Mutts out for an Outie ...
then let's all hop in the BigBed.

Kidney Doc?
Road Trip to his "new" Office on Tuesday ( kinda "posh"!)
He's always *smilin* - when "his numbers" in the blood test are going in the right direction.

So... more blood on next Monday and come back for a "visit" on Tuesday.

...Does he really need ME??

----------------------------

Back to Now ...
Lil Blue Sleepie PIll down 'a hatch ... gather the Bed Mutts ...
let's try to SLEEP!

Nighters! ;)

jenluckenbach
01-26-2006, 05:02 AM
Good morning.....(oops, I mean good night) Have a nice sleep.

So, the cat lowered himself to sleeping with the hooman? That is a real honor. :D

Have a great day!

Sara luvs her Tinky
01-26-2006, 05:31 AM
WELCOME HOME PHRED!!!! :D

Glad you are home and can cuddle with the furry kids... :D

Sudilar
01-26-2006, 07:01 AM
Good morning!!! Hope you caught some zzzzzz's.

Pam
01-26-2006, 07:27 AM
Good thread Richard. It will be nice to see that old thread disappear off the radar. It's good to see you posting again Phred. I hope the furkids are allowing you a thin slice of the bed. Sometimes here I am wedged in so tightly I can't move, but I love it! Sleep tight.....ZZZZzzzzz

zippy-kat
01-26-2006, 08:02 AM
Hope you were able to catch a a few zzzz's and are feeling better than ever!

lbaker
01-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Good morning dear friend. When you (and the kids) wake up - get yourself some juice (not Klam of course :rolleyes: ) and maybe a slice or two of whole grain toast. Maybe a nice piece of fruit? A nice warm, relaxing shower and toasty socks ~ ahhhh, ready to start a brand new healthy day? Yeah buddy!! :cool:

Vela
01-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Glad to hear you are home and I hope things are improving. I am glad for the new thread as well, I always hoped it wasn't bad news on the other one. Keep getting better and get plenty of rest!

Anita Cholaine
01-26-2006, 09:17 AM
I'm soooo happy to know that you're home!!! :D It's great to see you again on PT.... Hope everything continues improving... ((((((hugs))))))

Pawsitive Thinking
01-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Welcome home :D

Randi
01-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Aww, having Boots purring you to sleep must work - unless certain 3 doggies try to steal all the space. I hope you're feeling refreshed now. Laurie's suggestion sounds like a good idea - and after that, a little stroll outside. ;)

I hope your blood numbers keep going in the right direction and your visit on tuesday will show all is well. Will keep all fingers and paws crossed.

Keep getting better, Phred!! :)

Corinna
01-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Glad your getting some rest and it's so much easier at home.

lbaker
01-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Hey Phred, did you get your latest issue of BARK magazine? Mine just came in the mail. That will give you some good reading while you relax this afternoon :) Featured: "Is a Dog a Dog's Best Friend?" and "Call of the Wild, Winter Wonderland".

Barbara
01-26-2006, 11:19 AM
A nice wram relaxing shower and toasty socks? Add a bear to that and it would be a purrfect sleeping medicine for me- definitely not a start for a day :D

Cinder & Smoke
01-26-2006, 12:50 PM
**Yawnnnnn...***

>wow<

Almost 6 hours of shut-eye on the BigBed ...
I might have to re-learn how to set the Alarm if this keeps up! :p

Now, iffin the SunBall would just stay out for more than 2 minutes at a time;
I think we're ready to go take a Hike at the BigLake Park.

Weather Guy made a wild promise of mid-40's for tomorrow - hikin weather for sure!

/s/ :) Phred

Alysser
01-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Welcome Home Phred!!!!!!!!!!! :d

RICHARD
01-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Phred,

GO easy..just a few laps around the old neighborhood and maybe we can schedule an Everest climb in the fall? :D

And try not to get into any strip poker with that Sandman :eek:
Bad enough you have sheep to pick up after....

Logan
01-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Woo Hoo! You're talking about walking in the park and that is very positive, Phred!!!!

We continue to keep you in our prayers, my friend. Be well and take it easy.

Logan

momoffuzzyfaces
01-26-2006, 05:01 PM
So glad you got in a little nap!!!!

A stroll in the park in the fresh air should help make you sleepy again! :D

I'm glad you are home with the kids! :D

kb2yjx
01-26-2006, 06:52 PM
You slept for 6 hours!!! YEA!!! Getting outside for a bit in the fresh air was a nice change of pace!! Hope you get another good night's sleep tonight!!!
Nighty, nighty Phred!!!

Sudilar
01-26-2006, 07:16 PM
Have a good night!!

Karen
01-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Wheee! 6 hours all in a row! We knew you'd get the hang of snoozin' again! :) No guarantees about the ol' sunball, but hey, we can hope, right? :)

Cincy'sMom
01-26-2006, 09:18 PM
6 straight hours? I'm jealous!! With Ralph's new job his alarm goesoff at 4:45 am, and I like to stay up til 11 or 12, so 6 straight would be a treat!

Cinder & Smoke
01-26-2006, 10:56 PM
The SunBall finked out today ... gone ... never was seen again! :(

"Promise" of 44^ for tomorrow (Friday) ...
we'll bundle up and do a Hike innna Park for sure!

We're ALL goin Howze-Karzie! :eek:

slick
01-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Glad you got 6 hours of sheep. It's been a long time since I slept that long. Anyway, so happy to hear from you, Phred. The big sunball hasn't shown his face for a long time up here in Vancouver, BC, "Kanada". Wrap up warm tomorrow and enjoy the fresh air, my friend.

delidog
01-27-2006, 05:04 AM
Yeah!!!
Welcome Home Phred!!!!!
I Know that all the furkids are happy to have you back!!!
Rest Up & Do what the dr. says Please!!!
So Glad to see you back!!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-28-2006, 12:25 PM
So great to see Phred on line again!!! :D

Plus a 6 hour nap!!! WOW! Great news indeed! :D

gini
01-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Hi Phred, hope you had a good nights rest!

kb2yjx
01-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Hi Phred! Hope you are having a good day!!

Cincy'sMom
01-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi Phred! Just checking in to see how youare feeling.

lizbud
01-28-2006, 04:49 PM
Just checking in to see how everything is going for you. Hope you
are feeling better every day. :)

petslover
01-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Hey Phred. I am so glad to see that you are home. Just listen to the doctors and do they say and you will do great!

Sudilar
01-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Hi, Phred!! Get a good night's sleep tonight!!!

cyber-sibes
01-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Hey Phred, did you make it outside for a bit today? Sure was nice! Not like January, but nice! :rolleyes: Me & the pups took a spin around the dogpark and I rested my keester on your bench while they made sure every blade of grass was in it's place. ;) We're hoping to see you soon-

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Rained here most of the day. Hope it was nicer by you so you could get that hike in...

kb2yjx
01-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Hey Pred!! You were remembered in prayers at the Monastery today!! Sleep well!

tatsxxx11
01-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Thinking of you dear friend and the fur crew too! Hope Mr. Sandman libearlly sprinkled some sleep dust in those baby blues, last night! Keeping you in my prayers nightly and thinking of you all with love in my heart, each and every day! Hope you and the pups are able to enjoy some outdoor time together soon, a short stroll perhaps, but don't over do!:) Check in when you can, friend!

We love ya~
Sandra and the Fur

Kfamr
01-29-2006, 12:29 PM
I think we're ready to go take a Hike at the BigLake Park.

Weather Guy made a wild promise of mid-40's for tomorrow - hikin weather for sure!

/s/ :) Phred

You know us....
Hopefully you still remember how to use that camera! :p

Cinder & Smoke
01-29-2006, 12:52 PM
;)

The Big Bed / Sleepin thing has been going along pretty A-OK since we got home ...

A new "nerve pill" the Hospital uses before procedures and a light sleeping pill seem to work together for 4-6 hours of restful sleep.

Next new *project* is to build up some strength and energy ...
I'd like to be able to walk more then 50 feet without needing Oxygen and an Ambulance! :(

We're going to head out for a Hike -plenty warm enough (50^) - but the steady drizzle
is a bit of a turn-off! :p

Wish us luck. ;)

Karen
01-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Good luck and stay dry!

zippy-kat
01-29-2006, 02:24 PM
50s?! :eek: That's considered warm?!

;) Happy hiking!

tatsxxx11
01-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Sounds good Phred!!! Hope you and the kids are enjoying a nice walk but sorry about the rain! Give yourself some time to build up your strength and stamina and before long, you'll be motoring right along!:) We love ya! Give the kids a kiss and hug for me and you guys have a good night, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!:D

Sandra:)

Are you kidding, Zip? Up this way, that's a winter heat wave!:D

gemini9961
01-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Glad to hear you are home and doing better Phred. Things sure have not been the same without you around. Take it easy, you hear. :)

Laura's Babies
01-29-2006, 04:05 PM
Checking in on you again Phred. Try not to over do and excert yourself. Ya have to start small and work up into the big stuff!

Cincy'sMom
01-29-2006, 04:38 PM

;) Happy hiking!
In Janurary, in Ohio? That's practically swimming weather!! Janurary is usualy 20-30 degress cooler!

Karen
01-29-2006, 05:13 PM

;) Happy hiking!

That considered practically tropical for January! We've had that weather here, too, which is just plain weird! January is usually well below freezing for most of the month, but this year we've had as much or more "January thaw" (usually last a couple days at the most) than "normal" January!

Mind you, I'm one of the few people (besides ski resort owners) who is disgruntled with the warm weather!

Hope ya had a nice walk, and are slowly building up strength. Maybe that's why it is rainy, Phred - to keep you from wanting to stay out longer than you should??

Sudilar
01-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Hope you had a nice little walk!!
Have a good night!!

Cinder & Smoke
01-29-2006, 09:19 PM

;) Happy hiking!

On January 29, "50's" is considered a HeatWave in Ohio!

And we did manage to dodge the rainey drops ... nary a drop hit hoomin or FurKid ...
but da Bus got a lil damp between hikes.

Pulled out the Maps when we got back home ...
lil sad :( we didn't do better on the Hike - sure FELT like we went farther!

Went all of 0.8 miles (8 tenths of a mile) in the camping area;
then added another quarter mile over at the Dam ...
Grand Total of a Mile.
>How Impressive<! :rolleyes:

We really need to get hustlin!

/s/ Tired Phred

Karen
01-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey, anything is better than nothin' - don't feel badly, just resolve to do more next time!

zippy-kat
01-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Count the memories not the miles! Glad you had a fun, safe time.

*whispers* 50s?! That still doesn't sound like hikin' weather to me. ;)

(I love the cold, don't get me wrong. But I love it most when I'm indoors snuggled up with a certain grey/white cat. We both freeze easy.)

captain
01-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Phred!!!
A whole MILE!!!!

Wow - considering what you have just been through, I'd say that was pretty DARN good!

:D
Welcome home

K9karen
01-30-2006, 12:37 AM
All in good time, my friend, all in good time. I think you did great for your first big outtie. Build your strength gradually. Glad you're getting some shut eye. Prayers always comin' at ya!

caseysmom
01-30-2006, 12:51 AM
Hey that is a great accomplishment! Keep up the good work

joycenalex
01-30-2006, 04:50 AM
"50's" is considered a HeatWave in Ohio!...boy is that so! :rolleyes:

Went all of 0.8 miles (8 tenths of a mile) in the camping area;
then added another quarter mile over at the Dam ...
Grand Total of a Mile.
>How Impressive<! :rolleyes:

We really need to get hustlin!

PHRED!...ahem, getting out soapbox... you load up 3 rambunctious dogs, drive to and from the dam, go on (maybe the first uncardiac rehab walk HM?) with the same 3 dogs and then you go home to beat your self up? and on limited sleep? that amount of work is alot, so be kinder to yourself...getting off soapbox, dusting it off and putting it in corner....thank you for listening....bows,

Sudilar
01-30-2006, 06:36 AM
To me, one mile sounds great!! On some days, I was lucky to get around 4 blocks only!! :rolleyes:
Hope you had a good night!!

Randi
01-30-2006, 08:12 AM
Phred, that's not bad at all!! Now, think kilometers - you've been walking all of 1.6 kilometers +!! ;) :) You'll be sleeping like a baby. :D

Temp. in the fifties = heatwave! Well I wouldn't exactly put it that way, but it's certainly better than here, we have just above freezing! :eek:

So glad you're feeling better and able to go out. I'm sure Cinder, Smoke and Bowser enjoys it as much a you do. :)

Keep getting better!

Killearn Kitties
01-30-2006, 08:50 AM
Just over a mile sounds quite impressive to me! Hope the fresh air and exercise helped you to sleep last night. :)

Cinder & Smoke
01-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Well, when you *used* to be able to hike the Mutts for between 3 to 5 miles; and still have some reserve left ...

"only" getting less than a mile before needing a "rest stop" is not such a successful hike. :(

But the SunBall is back out - so we'll head back to the BigLake and try to add
another block of campsites to yesterday's route.

;)
/s/ Phred

Ginger's Mom
01-30-2006, 11:03 AM
A mile is definitely a long hike for what you have been through. Were you given any guidelines as to how far you should walk until you get your body built back up again? Walking is definitely good for you, and I encourage you to do it (should help the sleep problem too), but just don't try to over do it. We love you, Phred. Scratches to the the three Mutts from me.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-30-2006, 11:15 AM
Well, when you *used* to be able to hike the Mutts for between 3 to 5 miles; and still have some reserve left ...

"only" getting less than a mile before needing a "rest stop" is not such a successful hike. :(

Now you just stop it, Phred! <stomps foot> The main word here is *used* to be able to. That was before a heart attack, heart failure, a kidney operation, a heart procedure and two(?) weeks in the hobspital! You can't expect to do the same things you *used* to be able to do just yet, you need to build your strenth up! A mile today, maybe 1.25 miles tomorrow, maybe 1.5 miles next week and 2 miles the week after that. Keep going at that pace and by summer you'll be back up to the 3-5 miles you *used* to do! The good news is, even though it's less than you used to do, it's still great exercise for your heart. Keep up the hikes and the old ticker will soon be just fine, if not better than before.

Another little story. I know, I know, I always have to throw a story in. :rolleyes: My mom has walked 5 miles every morning for years and years and years now. When she had her heart attack, she had actually started out on her morning walk, but had to turn back because she didn't feel good. The point is, once the doc found out she had walked so religiously, he said that is probably the only reason she survived the heart attack. The daily walks made her heart strong enough to survive, and as soon as she could, she was back at it, starting out slow. The very first thing she has to do on the walk is go up a hill. So one day she made it down the driveway and back up the driveway. Then she made it down the driveway and the 1/8th of a mile to the bottom of the hill, then back the 1/8th of a mile and back up the driveway. Then she made it down the driveway and 1/2 way up the hill and back. Then she made it down the driveway and up to the top of the hill and back.

The point is, she took small baby steps and before she knew it she was back to 5 miles a day. I'm sure it seemed like forever for her, but to those of us on the observing side, she did it amazingly quickly after such major surgery. So the fact that you live in Ohio and have to wait for the weather to cooperate, doing a little over a mile so soon after being home is something to be celebrated!

Gosh.....why are my posts aways so blabby and eternally long? :rolleyes: ;)

Glad to hear you're sleeping a little better. Just keep up the good work and I know you'll be better than new in no time! :)

Logan
01-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Your posts are wonderful, Debbie.

Phred, just take it slowly. You'll be back up to your regular hiking time in no time, I'm sure! I know the dogs loved the time that they got and it had to be good for you to get out with them and enjoy the day, even if you did have to dodge raindrops!!!!!! :)

Hang in there, my friend, and know that better days are coming. Just take it one day at a time!!!

Logan

tatsxxx11
01-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Don't minimize your huge accomplishment, Phred! Geeesh, most "healthy," adults in their 30's and 40's I know would be hard pressed to walk a mile w/o getting winded; most won't/don't walk at all! I think you did great!!! I just came back from a 2 mile walk with Star, up and down some big hills and she's on her bed sleeping and I'm poooped too!:D You did GREAT! Remember Confucious! A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step! Debbie's mom has the right idea! Don't get discouraged friend:)

{{{HUGS}}}
Sandra

momoffuzzyfaces
01-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Sounds pretty good to ME!!!
I can hardly go a block without needing to sit down!!!
Hang in there! Prayers still flying from me daily!!! :D

pitc9
01-30-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm so glad to hear you had a great walk, I can't get over the great weather we've had here in Ohio! Sure has been great for a walk!
Glad to know you're feeling better!

KYS
01-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Hey! I can't even walk around the block with-out getting
winded. lol
You are doing great, Keep it up.

RICHARD
01-30-2006, 02:15 PM
I retract my statement about climbing Everest during the September climbing season. :)

Slow but steady!

cyber-sibes
01-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Sounds like a pretty good walk to me! And it's good to get out and enjoy the balmy weather! I'll be the furkids loved every step of it too. Gets lots of rest!

Cinder & Smoke
01-30-2006, 10:16 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

*Thank You* to the 31

Families who helped *stuff* the box! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

I'm at a serious Loss for Words; as well as having great difficulty Typing through Tears ...

Keegan, Kylie, and Kloe - the Comforter is just GREAT - the Puter Room Thermostat has been reduced
(the FurKids have gathered a lil closer - the Three-Dawg Pile is a lil tighter) -
but I'm Snug as a Bug inna Rug wrapped in your Comforter!! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

The Card ~ "Feelin Poopy?" - is probably how a few Nurses thought I looked! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/tongue.gif

The Gourmet Roast Beef Bisquits - are a *HIT*!
There was NO doubt when I brought the UPS Box upstairs - the Mutts wanted IN IT in
the worst way! Even Bowser wanted to help open it!

Now ... about the "Enclosure" included with the Card ...

THANK YOU ~ THANK YOU From the Top & Bottom of my sicklie Heart ...

but that's WAY too much for me to accept!

I KNOW you all mean well; but I know there are Other Pet Talkers and their Families who
are needier than I - but their Tail just hasn't been told to the extent mine has.

I've had the blessing of more Prayers than any one soul should be entitled to; cards; e-mails; phone calls; even VISITS ...
I think that's enough for one guy.

But I DO have a suggestion for using the "Enclosure" ... and it's something that has bothered
me for quite a while - and came to a head on Heart Attack Day - November 12 ...

WHAT Happens to my FurKids *if* something happens to ME?

I've sort of taken care on MY FurKids since the big Heart Attack Scare - Unka Pat is named "Payable on Death" for my checking & savings accounts.
He'll have enough money to properly care for and/or rehome Cinder, Smokey, Boots, and Bowser if I die.
But I still need a "fix" for if I become "disabled" and can't care for them myself, but don't "die" so Pat can get the money.

So my *Suggestion* is to set up a Fund, with Trustees or some governing body to take
charge of our "funds" and distribute them if and when needed by a Pet Talker or a PT FurKid.

Let's put our Thinkin Hats on and develop a plan and a Program to help deal with
the sudden loss of a PT Parent - and the resultant emergency that would effect the PT FurKid.

I'll be very honored to have my *gift* used to provide the initial funding. http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif

THANKS, Friends!!

/s/ Phred

gini
01-30-2006, 10:38 PM
Phred, I have already p/m'd you my thoughts.

Cincy'sMom
01-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Gini, I can quite figure how to put my thoughts into words yet, so I hope yours were along the same lines as mine!!!

Glad the hiking was a success! I'mnot sure I could do a full mile with my three without be tired out!! Sure, I run up and down the field (in 3-5 minute intervals) playing soccer, but most days, I think walking the dogs is more of a work out!! Take it slow, you are doing great!!

shais_mom
01-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Phred, I have already p/m'd you my thoughts.
I Know what Gini said and I and along with several others I am sure are in agreement with her.
Glad you liked the blankie - and am reallllyyy glad you didn't call and yell at me! ;)

jenluckenbach
01-31-2006, 05:20 AM
Now Phred, we all KNEW you would not want to accept this gift, but we did it anyway!! I *personally* think that you should just sit back and accept that gift with humility. It is of course now yours to do with as you please, but if I remember correctly the "fund" idea has already been discussed and rejected as too difficult to manage. (too many problems with WHO would get HOW MUCH and under WHAT circumstances.....etc.)

Am I correct in my info that you have no medical insurance?? If this is true, I am in that boat and it is HORRIBLE!!!!!! :( :( If what happened to you would happen to me, I will need to be allowed to die for lack of funds. :( So feel grateful that people are willing to help you.

the above opinions are mine and mine alone and do not necessarily reflect that of the remainder of the group. ;)

Now go and count your blessings. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Now Phred, we all KNEW you would not want to accept this gift, but we did it anyway!!
I don't know what Gini wrote, but if it's anything on the lines of what Jen wrote, I couldn't agree more! Phred, we know you are always thinking of others and we love you for it, but please just accept this. You are always the first in line when one of us needs help and we wanted to do something to help YOU in your time of need. It is yours to do with as you please and I know you'll put it to good use no matter what you do with it, but we wanted it for YOU! Now <hands on hips> stop with all this and go for another hike so you keep building up your strength! I think you're going to need it to win this argument. ;) :D

zippy-kat
02-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Ditto, ditto, ditto!

You've been the first to leap into action and help others; sit back and allow us to help YOU! And that's an order! *thumpz* ;)

shais_mom
02-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Ditto, ditto, ditto!

You've been the first to leap into action and help others; sit back and allow us to help YOU! And that's an order! *thumpz* ;)
You've just been THUMPZ'ED I think you better listen! I know I would!
A little bunny angel might visit you while you are sleeping and THUMPZ you right on the headbone!

Corinna
02-01-2006, 11:20 AM
OhOh Phred being thumpz by Zippy you had better listen buddy she may just come and do it in Person. I know it's hard to accept help when your like you are . But you can't be the Do quixte all the time even warriors get breaks and help to rest up. You spent time recuping and loving the crew there and let your freinds care for you. You never know what battle God will send you next. You may need all the strength your getting now.
Hugs and prayers from the crew here to you.

slick
02-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Hi Phred:
This is Gawd talking.....
You know that I listen to every prayer, not only from you but from all of my children. You also know that I love everyone and you, my son have done great deeds in your time and I have noted every one of them. The love that you have shown others is coming back to you tenfold. Can you not see that they love you too? Can you not see that they want to help you as you have helped them? Accept your gift my son and use it for yourself. Do not worry about other Pet Talkers. In their time of need, I will be there for them as I have in the past.

Before I go, there is a very special lady sitting beside me and she wants you to know that she agrees with everything I've said, so what more can I say???

kb2yjx
02-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Phred, I think that you better listen to GAWD!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
02-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Hi Phred:
This is Gawd talking.....
You know that I listen to every prayer, not only from you but from all of my children. You also know that I love everyone and you, my son have done great deeds in your time and I have noted every one of them. The love that you have shown others is coming back to you tenfold. Can you not see that they love you too? Can you not see that they want to help you as you have helped them? Accept your gift my son and use it for yourself. Do not worry about other Pet Talkers. In their time of need, I will be there for them as I have in the past.

Before I go, there is a very special lady sitting beside me and she wants you to know that she agrees with everything I've said, so what more can I say???

AMEN TO THAT!!!!

Just look how GAWD got me a new home!!!
Accept and enjoy and let others be blessed by being part of your joy!!!
(((HUGS)))

shais_mom
02-01-2006, 11:32 PM
Oh Slick! That was beautiful!
What a wonderful message from Gawd!

K9karen
02-02-2006, 12:47 AM
All I want to add is DITTO! Logan's standing here thumping her tail at your headbone!

anna_66
02-02-2006, 12:01 PM
You've just been THUMPZ'ED I think you better listen! I know I would!
A little bunny angel might visit you while you are sleeping and THUMPZ you right on the headbone!
And I don't think you'd like that now would you;):p

Cinder & Smoke
02-02-2006, 07:37 PM
It feels a bit like I'm being *picked on* here! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Yesterday we did a 1.13 mile Hike in the park - without any rest stops! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif

Today we did a ZERO mile hike kuz it started raining as
soon as we all jumped in da Bus! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

Tomorrow is up in the air --- temp and rain are "iffy" ... so I guess we need
to be ready to roll if / when it looks nice for more than a minute or two.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Way to go, Phred! 1.13 is a great hike! Sorry 'bout the rain today but I think you're right - you gotta be ready to go at the drop of a hat. It's supposed to be getting cold again around here and I'm sure it's headed your way, so you gotta try to get in as much as you can before it gets too cold.

Not picking on you, just trying to get you to see the light. ;) Keep up the good work! :D

slick
02-03-2006, 10:43 AM
It feels a bit like I'm being *picked on* here!
Phred, this comment has bothered me all night and I just have to put my 2 cents worth in here.

Speaking strictly for myself, I'm sorry if what I posted is making you feel this way. It certainly wasn't my intention. You have done so much for other people and that little care package is our humble way of trying to give back. We can't be there to help you in other ways so really this our only option. Think of it as us sending you little parts of ourselves. Let's see, you've got a little piece of my hair, part of Staci's nose, part of Zippy's ear...... :eek: :D well, you know what I mean. Please accept the gift along with all the love that comes with it.

Now, about the hike....1.13 miles is great....don't think I could make it that far. It will take some time for you to get back to where you were. Have patience my dear boy. We are with you every "step" of the way. :)

gini
02-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Well, Phred, WE ARE like a bunch of 'ol hens clucking around you..........so pick, pick, pick..............yup, you are right.

But along with pick, pick, comes hugs, hugs, hugs!

lbaker
02-03-2006, 11:21 AM
So don't forget to brush your teeth, eat your vegetables and stand up straight ;) :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
02-03-2006, 11:23 AM
So don't forget to brush your teeth, eat your vegetables and stand up straight ;) :D
And make sure you have clean underwear on before you leave the house! :D

slick
02-03-2006, 12:40 PM
...and Mom always used to say "Make sure you go before you leave! :D

Cinder & Smoke
02-03-2006, 02:03 PM
That little care package is our humble way of trying to give back.
We can't be there to help you in other ways so really this our only option.
Think of it as us sending you little parts of ourselves.

Please accept the gift along with all the love that comes with it.

I have read somewhere that it is as important to accept help as to give it.
It gives others the same kind of feeling you get when you help others.

We are all in this life together and doing the best we can
but need to rely on friends and family to get through.

It helps the givers in ways you have to know about.

I think, maybe, I'm starting to understand the Meaning of The Gift ...
and to appreciate the Love that travels with it.

"Thank You, Friends" isn't nearly enough ... but I'm not sure what else to offer.

And from the FurKids ~ Cinder, Smokey, Boots, and Bowser ~
a "Thank You, Pet Talkers" is offered ...
as The Gift will become their Medical Safety Blanket.

I've developed LES ...
time to go take a Hike.

{{{Hugs}}} from Phred

Barbara
02-03-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure that we can give back to you the love that you have given tenfold! But I'd be happy if we could return it by half :)

cyber-sibes
02-03-2006, 08:09 PM
I think, maybe, I'm starting to understand the Meaning of The Gift ...
and to appreciate the Love that travels with it.

"Thank You, Friends" isn't nearly enough ... but I'm not sure what else to offer.
Lesson from my Mom on being gracious... "Just smile and say Thanks!" ;)
Sooooooooo glad to hear how well you're doing, Phred! Temp's supposed to drop a bit, so be sure to wear a hat & scarf & gloves and don't forget the boots! :D

slick
02-03-2006, 08:28 PM
You know Phred, this whole thing has been quite a learning experience for me too. Here I am preaching volumes about graciously accepting gifts from others......I should listen to my own advice!!! I've had problems with the "receiving" thing my whole life so I know exactly where you are coming from. :rolleyes:

Anyway I'm glad that you finally understand where we are coming from. :)

To the organizers of this little venture....I thank you for including me. It does my heart good.

Cinder & Smoke
02-03-2006, 11:37 PM
We all had a nice Hike at the BigLake Park this afternoon ...

1.44 miles on the GPS for Bowz and me ... Cinder & Smokey put on on
at least an extra mile of running around ...
we ALL took a nap when we got back home!

Weekend looks a lil ruff for hikin ... promise of rain Staurday morning changing to
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/eek.gif SNOW with 6" expected by Sunday morning ...
Sunday Afternoon is a mystery for now.

Durn GroundHog didn't waste any time with the 6 more weeks of winter! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/tongue.gif

Maya & Inka's mommy
02-04-2006, 06:10 AM

ROFL !! That remark made me laugh so hard: it is exactly what my own mom said to us when we were kids :D

tatsxxx11
02-04-2006, 11:57 AM
ROFL !! That remark made me laugh so hard: it is exactly what my own mom said to us when we were kids

LOL! So, it's universal!:D What were our mother's thinking? Wonder if moms of the new generation are keeping this time honored tradition alive!:D

Phred, woo hoo! Now that's a walk!:) Good job! Now put your feet up and enjoy the kids and a comfy cozy Saturday!

Corinna
02-04-2006, 01:39 PM
As one famous comdiains said you say it then you do it in an accident.

anna_66
02-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Durn GroundHog didn't waste any time with the 6 more weeks of winter! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/tongue.gif
You got that right! Sounds like your supposed to get much more snow than us though (hehe you can have it;)).
Sounds like you and the dogs had a great hike. Glad you feel good enough to get out like that, means you must be getting better:D
Lots of {{{HUGS}}}
Anna

RICHARD
02-06-2006, 12:58 PM
ATTENTION PTers

Phred has a GPS in his possession.

That is a gadget that lets you know where you are and how far you move on the planet.

This may be a good thing or a bad thing.

"Geez, I went 1.83 miles today.....I think I can do 75 tomorrow...." :eek:

Phred.

Leave the GPS at home and smell the flowers, look at the leaves and enjoy your walks. ;)

joycenalex
02-06-2006, 03:09 PM
gotta back up richard here....phred, it's cold and sunny down here in columbus right now, relax a bit and enjoy the sunshine.

ATTENTION PTers

Phred has a GPS in his possession.

That is a gadget that lets you know where you are and how far you move on the planet.

This may be a good thing or a bad thing.

"Geez, I went 1.83 miles today.....I think I can do 75 tomorrow...." :eek:

Phred.

Leave the GPS at home and smell the flowers, look at the leaves and enjoy your walks. ;)

Freckles
02-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Maybe the Docs want to know how much he walks each day/week. :D

Rachel
02-10-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm one who also *needs to know* how far I've gone and use that as an incentive to do try to do a little bit more. Since my walking is done on a treadmill, that is built in to my routine. On other machines I gauge it by minutes spent. I find it very motivating and encouraging to be able to say I did one minute more than yesterday.

Some hospitals offer supervised exercise programs for people who are *post event* It might be something you'd want to explore.

Please check in, Phred. We need an uppydate.

shais_mom
02-10-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure if Phred will be able to update for a day or 2 b/c he is going to the Great American Mutt Show in Toledo with Amy - Cincy's mom. He was leaving today to spend the nite at a hotel near the Seagate Center.
Hopefully he can get a good nites rest for a big day tomorrow.

:)
http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?t=93459&goto=newpost

slick
02-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Phred: I'm thinking about you. How do you feel after your little trip??

Rachel
02-13-2006, 09:02 AM
Neato! Good for you to get out of the house and have a bit of fun. But of course that means you have to tell us all about it.

Cinder & Smoke
02-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Yuppers, we were "On the Road Again ..." on Friday ...
off to Meet the Gang in Toledo for the Great American Mutt Show.

Made sure we could find the SeaGate Centre;
then went looking for our Red Roof Inn - which was right where it was supposed to be.

We signed in and moved in - then discovered that "somebody" had forgotten to
pack the Dawg Krunch anna required bowls! :mad:
We found a big Kroger's an Dad went shoppin ... he said the Purina looked especially nice this evening.

WE gotz cold Purina ... HE went to Wendy's Kitchen an got COOKED stuff! :(
WE shudda grabbed da keys to da Bus!

We all ate dinner, then took a stroll for poddy call;
then hopped onna BigBed fur sum TV Time. NO Animal Planet!! - What a RIP!

Up Saturday morning an get Dad dressed for our poddy call ...
back inside fur breakfast (Dad furgotz to get sum donuntz!) :p Red Roof onlee served kawfee - no "Danish"!

Off to da Mutt Show ...
pick up the Show Tails here >>>

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=93459&page=1&pp=10

Cinder & Smoke
02-15-2006, 11:43 PM
We all gotz Home OK on Saturday night ...
lil *nippie* on Sunday so we dint do too much Hikin.

Monday was a lil not-so-nice - so we din't do much again.

Tuesday got a bit warmer - good day fur a Hike ...
Off to the BigLake Park ~

Put in a lil over an hour - an clicked off 1.73 miles onna GPS meter! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
Truth be told; EBBERbuddie wuz walkin a lil bit *s*l*o*w* when we got back to da Bus!
Bowz wuz trotting along wiffa long rope rite beside Dad;
We Two kept pretty close fur da last half mile ...
we ALL jumped inna back seat an folded up inna pile!

Tuday wuz even *NICER* - back to the BigLake Park!
Ebberbuddie seemed to be doin better tuday -
Bowz wasn't *limpin* onna weak leg ...
Dad wasn't *whimperin* or *limpin* ...
an Us Two managed ta stay in sight (mosta) da tyme.

Started gettin a lil dark, so Dad pulled out da GPS box to see how we was doin ...
WOW! ~ Almost 2 miles an we weren't back atta Bus yet!

We made it back wiffout having ta call da Rescue Squad ...
but it wuz good to see da Bus waitin fur us!
GPS meter sed 1.95 miles - a new record inna recovery process!!

We're hopin for "warm & not rainy" for tomorrow!

Karen
02-15-2006, 11:47 PM
Sounds good, thanks for the update! :)

Sudilar
02-16-2006, 07:20 AM
WOW!!!! Glad you and the crew are getting out and about. Hope the weather's nice for another hike today. Keep on keepin' on......
Hugs.

Daisy and Delilah
02-16-2006, 07:39 AM
I have to tell you Phred that I really admire your stamina and perseverance. You and the furkids are really getting some great exercise in. You're not giving up either. That's a great inspiration to me. I'm thrilled to hear that you're doing so much better. Keep up the good work and keep those great reports coming in! :D

Randi
02-16-2006, 08:02 AM
Phred, it's good to hear you're out walking so much! :) You'll soon step over the two mile line! :D Don't tell me you're training for the Canadian Olympics. :eek To tell you the truth, you're walking longer distances than me these day. :o Oh well, my excuse is the weather. ;)

Keep it up, and keep getting better!!

gini
02-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Thanks for checking in Phred - this sure is good news. I hope the weather holds for you.

Rachel
02-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Good to hear that you are doing so well on the exercise program. Keep it up. Now let's hear about the healthy eating changes. ;)

Randi
02-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Now let's hear about the healthy eating changes. ;)
YES!! That is also important you know! ;) If you're not quite up to figuring out what to make, how about listing all the ingredients you like - AND are allowed to eat, and we'll all post some easy recipees for you! :)

gini
02-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Phred, these posts make me laugh for you.

You have enough nurses to run several hospitals.

Let's see - for the 6 am - 12 noon shift we have 14 signed up.

Same for the noon to 6 pm shift.

We only have ten for the 6 pm to midnight shift - so we need four more!!!

Please sign up here___________________________________________

You are well loved!

slick
02-17-2006, 12:03 PM
Please sign up here_____Slick______

I'll go for the red-eye shift. I'm up pretty late these days anyway. So good to hear from you Phred and I'm sorry that I have not checked in sooner. W-O-R-K keeps getting in the way. Whether or not I could walk that distance is really up for questioning. :o Good for you Phred. Keep it up and eat healthy.

Cinder & Smoke
02-17-2006, 12:23 PM
You have enough nurses to run several hospitals.

"... we'll all post some easy recipees for you! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/smile.gif "

I can never understand all the Phuss & Bother of a "recipee" just to eat!

1) Select "food" from fridge, freezer, or pantry

2) Rip, cut, tear, or snip to remove packaging - being sure to >NOTE<
. . cooking instructions printed on label!

3) Arrange "food" in desired mixing / cooking order & get an idea of how big a pot is needed.

4) Rummage around to find (or wash) suitable pot / pan / microwave-safe container(s).

5) Dump in food & add water, sauces, whatever ...

6) Cook per directions; stirr once or twice or reduce heat if burning detected

7) Turn off heat when buzzer sounds; "rest" the stuff for a few minutes; then dig in.

8) DON'T fall asleep before hiding the leftovers - the Mutts won't leave a thing!

There! What's so hard about cookin?
There's even enough left over for tomorrow.

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/wink.gif