PDA

View Full Version : have you ever woke up with your cat looking at you?

toughCookie
04-12-2002, 02:27 AM
I have a couple times, with Muffin looking at me, and once or twice with Cookie, and it's kind of eerie! I wonder what are they thinking? how do they see us? why are they just staring, was I snoring ?LOL. it' just kind of weird, I really wonder what the world looks like thru their eyes...:eek:

or.....are they just waiting for their chance???hmmm:eek: :eek: :eek:

LoudLou
04-12-2002, 02:30 AM
Bonzo has occasionally done this while sitting on my chest. Yes it IS CREEPY to wake up staring at those beautiful eyes in the dark! Bonzo is the only one here that will stare at you when you sleep.:rolleyes:

Former User
04-12-2002, 02:36 AM
Yeah, I was having a nap the other day and woke up because I felt a pair of eyes on my forehead....Kitty was staring at me :rolleyes: That was the only reason why I woke! Her staring!Silly girl!

04-12-2002, 02:52 AM
Every day , after lunch , I take a nap .
My couch stands right in front of his favorite sleeping-spot . Guess who is always staring at me as I wake up ??????
YEP : SYDNEY-BOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mommy , why are you sleeping ?????:mad: :mad: :mad: :confused:

Ann
04-12-2002, 06:01 AM
Yup, Ollie does that all the time!

I think he does it to wake me up so I'll pet him. Cause whenever he does it he gets so extremely close to my face (maybe he's sniffing it) that his whiskers will tickle my face and I wake up spluttering and freaked out >_< One time I was having a nightmare about spiders (I had just seen the movie Arachnaphobia) and when he woke me with his whiskers I was sure it was a spider crawling around on my face. :eek:

It's always "nice" to wake up like that, and add in the wonderful smell of cat-food breath, and you'll have a wonderful morning >_<

Gio
04-12-2002, 06:03 AM
More times that I can count. I think they are sending me a telepatchic message lik "Wake up, wake up, wake up!" :D . Maya is terrible like this, if you don't wake up she either start licking your face and if that fails too she starts to bat me gently with her paw :D .

Logan
04-12-2002, 07:30 AM
EVERY SINGLE MORNING!!!!!!! :D And to top it off, he turns on the light, so I can see him better! :rolleyes:

LoudLou
04-12-2002, 09:58 AM
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/rotfl.gif ROTFL...

tuxluvr
04-12-2002, 11:01 AM
Logan, very impressive kitty!

Ritz tries to do this but kind of spoils the surprise by pouncing her 15lb self on my tummy first...quite a wake up call! oooff!

Ila
04-12-2002, 11:24 AM
This is a picture of Misty and her Daddy when she was young of course and a lot smaller. Now there are times she was laying on him just starring at him to wake up. If she wanted him to wake she took her paws to his face. :)

tuxluvr
04-12-2002, 11:31 AM
Awwww, Ila, what a sweet picture!

momoffuzzyfaces
04-12-2002, 11:39 AM
Luke is my champion 'stare at Mom' cat. Since I sleep on my right side, he sits on the floor and stares and stares and stares. It is his way of saying, 'Get up and feed ME!'
If that doesn't work, he inlists Leonardo to help. The two of them sitting side by side will do it every time.:D

Randi
04-12-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Logan
:D And to top it off, he turns on the light, so I can see him better! :rolleyes:
LOL! LOL! :D :D Thats what I'd call a wake up call!!

Fister is usually walking across our pillows, back and forth, back and forth, and if that doesn't work he'll come back an hour later and tickle us with his whiskers. I normally get up first and often, when I come back from my shower Fister just sits there staring at my husbands face. So cute!! ;)

yumyum6970
04-12-2002, 12:03 PM
no, we keep our door closed at night and the kitties aren't allowed in the bedroom :)

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Former User
04-12-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Logan
EVERY SINGLE MORNING!!!!!!! :D And to top it off, he turns on the light, so I can see him better! :rolleyes:

LOL, "you wake up and you wake up good!!"

tuxluvr
04-12-2002, 12:30 PM
When I travel for business, I do miss the "furry" wake up call, though....my dream is to stay in a hotel with special wake up call service..."Hello, front desk? Can you send a kitty up to my room around 5am? It's the only way I can wake up"

:D:D:D:rolleyes:

AmberLee
04-12-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by tuxluvr
..."Hello, front desk? ...

ROTFLOL! What a mental picture!

I don't so much mind being awakened by being watched or being prodded to throw the milk jug ring. No, the one I absolutely hated was awaking to discover a kitten paw ... :eek: :eek: IN MY MOUTH! :eek: :eek:

:rolleyes: Heck of a way to learn I sleep with my mouth open sometimes...

tuxluvr
04-12-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee
:rolleyes: Heck of a way to learn I sleep with my mouth open sometimes... [/B]

Ewww...oh dear...that just hit me too too funny....watching your kitty looking inside your mouth...hmmm...what's that...? A tongue?....a hairless mouse??....think I'll stick my foot in there.

Gives whole new meaning to "cat got your tongue?" :D:D:D:D:D

Former User
04-12-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by AmberLee

:rolleyes: Heck of a way to learn I sleep with my mouth open sometimes...

Maybe you were snoring and they tried to make you stop...;) ;) ;)

AmberLee
04-12-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Casper & Kitty
Maybe you were snoring and they tried to make you stop...

:o :o Entirely possible. I ususally try to forget the whole thing, but have wondered if that what was going on that morning! :o :o

Owning pets can be educational, too. :p :o

krazyaboutkatz
04-13-2002, 12:32 AM
Yes, my cat Storm does this all the time. Before I even open my eyes I feel like someone is watching me and sure enough it's him. I've also noticed him staring at me during the day. He's the main cat that does this. My other two must get distracted more or their not as interested in me as much as Storm is. He has the most penetrating eyes. It's kind of eery at times.:eek:

Pam
04-13-2002, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by tuxluvr
Gives whole new meaning to "cat got your tongue?" :D:D:D:D:D

Good one tuxluvr! :D :D :D