PDA

View Full Version : Is a cat capable of doing this?

lv4dogs
01-25-2006, 02:58 PM
After reading Maya&Inkas Mommy's post about the mysteriously opened cat food I remembered about a little mystery of my own going on at my house.

I have came home numerous times in the last 1.5-2 weeks to find the bottom dwarer to one my dressers wide open and my clothes scattered about.

The only thing I can think of is that Meko is doing it in search of her buddies.
You see I have 2 cupboards in my house where the ferrets can get into and Meko will often open them in search of her little friends. I have seen her do it many times before.

The ferrets often crawl up & into that dwarer in my dresser to sleep & she knows it. But I've never seen her open it or even try to open it for that matter.

It is a hefty dresser. That makes me think that she may not be able to open it but someone has to be doing it thats for sure.

Do you think cats would be capable of opening a dwarer on a heavy dresser? Like I said the dwarer is wide open not just a crack.

Uabassoon
01-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Corkscrew sure is! He does it all the time, it drives me nuts. He likes to open the drawers all the way so he can sleep in it. Often I come home to open drawers and my clothes all over the ground.

Laura's Babies
01-25-2006, 03:19 PM
I have found if you leave them open, a cat is sure to get into them and my RB Penny, use to dig in them and pull the stuff out, hoping to make room so she could get in but never had one to actually open a drawyer.. Are you sure someone just didn't forget to to shut it?

Uabassoon
01-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Are you sure someone just didn't forget to to shut it?

Corkscrew can open it when it's totally shut. He stands up and puts his paws on the edge of the drawer then starts pulling back until it opens. Once he gets it wide enough he sticks the front part of his body in the drawer then pulls the rest of it out. Then again this is the same cat that has figured out how to open my closet door :)

lv4dogs
01-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Are you sure someone just didn't forget to to shut it?

Oh I am 100% sure. I live alone & that dwarer is strictly the ferrets dwarer. lol I keep only old clothing in there & only open it when needed, maybe once every month or two to wash the old clothes aka ferret beds.

lv4dogs
01-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Sorry for spelling drawer wrong all along. lol I thought I was spelling it wrong but my dad said that you spell it dwarer. lol

Randy_K
01-25-2006, 03:41 PM
I have babysat a DSH named Kenya who opened all of the kitchen cabinets and drawers (or "dwarers" to please your dad). Finally they put kiddie locks on the cabinets and drawers to stop the snooping. Cats can open just about anything.

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Oh yes, no doubt about that! My first cat Sydney could even open doors!!

catnapper
01-25-2006, 04:11 PM
LOL... yes cats can! Allen is awesome at it. The attached is a video of the brat in action. Sure its a lightweight plastic drawer, but he can do heavier drawers too. He also knows how to open shut doors.

moosmom
01-25-2006, 04:38 PM
LilEli used to do that ALL the time! Not only that, but he also used to sleep in the drawers. The first time it took me hours to find him. After I found out he knew how to get in and out.

Shortie Girl loves my socks.

kb2yjx
01-25-2006, 06:56 PM
We have child proof locks on the ' fridge and freezer because Ralph can open them!!! People are amazed when I tell them that!!