PDA

View Full Version : Poor puppies thrown from car

lv4dogs
01-25-2006, 08:11 AM
Yesterday 3 puppies were thrown from a car and were found by a motoroist driving through. :(
I couldn't find an updated/more detailed story but on the news last night & this morning more info was given. This happened not too far from my house. Stupid stupid people. :mad: They are still looking for the person who dumped them. :mad:

The puppies are believed to be thrown from a moving car judging by the way they were found & the injuries that they have, they were thrown out one by one not all together.

They are healthy with minor injuries and will be available for adoption soon. :D

Here's a news link with a video. They are so cute.
http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=6FF763AC-371F-41A9-A776-194EB69BC239

I hope they find the idiot who did this.

CagneyDog
01-25-2006, 08:13 AM
People are so sick :mad:

Thank god the sweet puppies are okay! I hope they find the homes they deserve.

buttercup132
01-25-2006, 08:20 AM
I hate humans!
UGHHH
You want to be irresponsible and not spay your dog, or breed them then your going to be stuck with the responsibility of the puppies! And if you can''t find homes for them then you take them to the shlter not dump them on the side of the road!!!

I'm glad they are going to be found new homes though

Dixie Belle
01-25-2006, 08:36 AM
I can't even begin to count the number of puppies or grown dogs even that heve been thrown out close to where I live (or we found on the side of the road and picked up.) Many a free meal I have given to some poor pup that was starving to death, and many a home I have found for them. One time I even called into my newspaper and thanked the people (sarcasticly) for throwing two puppies out close to me. They were some killer hunting dogs. They looked like black bloodhounds. Beautiful dogs. Found them a good home about an hour away from me.

senorita02
01-25-2006, 09:07 AM
that is dispickable !!
LV4DOGS, I LOOVE your sig, what a beautiful Rottie baby!

.sarah
01-25-2006, 09:36 AM
That's horrible! I hope this guy gets what he deserves!

moosmom
01-25-2006, 09:36 AM
I certainly hope that someone got the license plate of those scumbags. :mad: :mad:

Poor babies. :(

bre_boxers
01-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Some people are such idiots these days! :mad: URG they better find this stupid idiot! PLEASE update if they find the idio who threw them out of the car... UGH :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

elizabethann
01-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Who would do such a thing???!!! Those idiots!

When I hear things like this, I think of my Fenway. He was found in a box on the side of a road in PA with his 3 brothers. I can't imagine who would treat him or any dog in such a manner - just throw them out like trash.

:mad: :mad: :( :( :mad: :mad:

Alysser
01-25-2006, 03:04 PM
People really need to learn. They really need to see what pain they are creating. Between, illegal dog fighting and abandonment people are creating so much pain. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

JenBKR
01-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Oh that's so sad! How could anyone do such a thing?? :confused: I can't even imagine :mad:

Pembroke_Corgi
01-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Some people are so heartless and cruel. :(

BC_MoM
01-25-2006, 11:08 PM
When my Granddad was a little tyke, he threw a bag of kittens into a river. :eek: :( I've never let him live it down.

Poor puppies! I'm so thankful they all lived.

pnance
01-25-2006, 11:14 PM
That's horrible!!! I sometimes really don't understand peopel.

Dot
01-26-2006, 09:18 AM
The thing that hurts most about the story, is thinking there may have been more than three puppies thrown out, but not found since they were scattered separately along the road. It was the ultimate cruelty to dump them individually, not even allowing them the comfort of being able to find each other and huddle together for warmth! I'm so glad someone found the three pups, but I can't stop picturing another one or more still out there alone, cold and starving. :(

lv4dogs
01-26-2006, 10:12 AM
The thing that hurts most about the story, is thinking there may have been more than three puppies thrown out, but not found since they were scattered separately along the road. It was the ultimate cruelty to dump them individually, not even allowing them the comfort of being able to find each other and huddle together for warmth! I'm so glad someone found the three pups, but I can't stop picturing another one or more still out there alone, cold and starving. :(

Oh I know.
This is still no guarantee but when it was aired on TV they said they had an intense search done along the whole road & adjoining roads in search of more puppies because they were scattered about but none were found. I hope there really is no more puppies.

elizabethann
01-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Here's an update: So sad....

BERGEN, N.Y. -- Two of seven puppies abandoned along a western New York road have died.

Three Lab-mix puppies were found Monday at intervals along a road west of Rochester. The next day, four other puppies were found in the same area.

Sheriff's deputies said the pups may have been placed in a box and tossed from a moving car.

Of the seven puppies found, two have died at an animal shelter from the parvo virus. The others are being cared for at animal hospitals.

News stories about the abandoned dogs have prompted numerous calls from people wanting to adopt them. The Genesee County Animal Shelter is no longer accepting adoption applications because of the flood of calls.

Police continue to look for the person who dumped the puppies along the road.

lvpets2002
01-26-2006, 02:52 PM
:mad: :mad: Just makes me sick that someone would do this. Poor wittle babies & I hope they get a good home soon.. Maybe they will find the skumbags & throw them out on a road far away..

sandragonfly
01-26-2006, 03:05 PM
"Police are still looking for the person who dumped the puppies on the side of the road"

they better be working!! :mad:/:( poor these helpless puppies!

ohh these people we have to share earth with! :( :(

lv4dogs
01-26-2006, 03:50 PM
UPDATE:
3-4 pups have died now. :( :(

.sarah
01-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Oh no!! :( RIP little guys :( :(

lv4dogs
01-26-2006, 03:55 PM
On a good note I guess they are getting a LOT of donations.
Blood transfusions are or will be given to some of the pups, $500 per transfusion.

Oh how I hope these guys make it & they find whoever did this.

kimlovescats
01-26-2006, 05:02 PM
That makes me just SICK! :mad: I had a rescue kitten once that was done the same way and had two broken back legs. :( We had her legs "set" by our vet and eventually she was adopted. I'm sure someone special will come along for these babies too! I hope the freak(s) that did this will get drug behind a car! :mad:

k9krazee
01-26-2006, 05:17 PM
:( Poor babies :(

Sorry :o But on the topic of throwing dogs out of cars.....A few years ago my mom actually witnessed a guy throw a doxie out of his pick up window in a parking lot :eek: She went right to the dog and didn't think of getting a plate number...but we took her in (and named her Dancer after the parking lot she was dumped in), she was older, the vet guesstimated that she was 11+ :( She was in completely horrible condition, she smelled bad and had an ear infection, and later had to have surgery because it was left untreated for so long...Buuut, we found her a great home with some friends of ours :D And shes still doing great today :D

Dot
01-26-2006, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=elizabethann]Here's an update: So sad....

BERGEN, N.Y. -- Two of seven puppies abandoned along a western New York road have died.

Three Lab-mix puppies were found Monday at intervals along a road west of Rochester. The next day, four other puppies were found in the same area.

Sheriff's deputies said the pups may have been placed in a box and tossed from a moving car.

Of the seven puppies found, two have died at an animal shelter from the parvo virus. The others are being cared for at animal hospitals.QUOTE]

How horrible! Please continue to keep us posted, although I don't know if I can stand it!

BC_MoM
01-26-2006, 08:43 PM
elizabethann already posted that update.

God, how terrible. :( God bless you poor things.