PDA

View Full Version : My new kitty update and a litter question

boscibo
01-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Hi! i'm sorry I haven't posted much. School has beeen wearing me out and I am exhausted right now trying to juggle homework + new kitty (new kitty is winning :)) but I have a question about litter. I am using clay with my 2.1 month old kitty, at what age can I switch to the clumping? Jeff has been complaining about the dust from the Tidy Cats clay, and I couldn't find any unscented, so I am getting sick of the scent. I'd rather use clumping but don't want to hurt my new baby kitty.

She is doing so well! She is out of the crate (she hated it and complained mightily) so she is just confined to the room. I'd like to introduce her to the rest, but so far Hanna has hissed or growled every time she's near. I know it takes time. Hanna wouldn't hurt her, would she? I am a little afraid of that based on the noises coming from her.

She consistantly comes to me when I call, and besides loving pets and belly rubs, she loves to be brushed (thank goodness...look at that fur!).

New pics:
http://home.comcast.net/~ladidah1/meow1.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~ladidah1/meow2.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~ladidah1/meow3.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~ladidah1/meow4.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~ladidah1/meow5.jpg

Corinna
01-24-2006, 07:35 PM
What a sweetie you need to add a cuteness overload warning

catnapper
01-24-2006, 08:12 PM
Awww... what a complete sweetie!

I'd still use the clay a while longer, especially seeing how long her hair is (lots to get clumped and tangled in). How about just dumping it nightly, and refilling it with new litter every day? It does cut down on the smell that way. Try the supermarket's generic brand - SO much cheaper than Tidy Cats Clay and I've actually noticed its less dusty because they don't add all the perfumy stuff to it.

Catty1
01-24-2006, 08:13 PM
I have no idea about the litter...maybe read the label on the clumping stuff...or ask your pet store people if they seem to know what they are talking about.

What a DARLING she is!!! Really unique eyes - and that little black dot under her nose.

I am sure Hanna will get used to her...do they ever sniff at each other through the door? All I can suggest is supervised visits for now!

(You can do homework while you watch right? :D )

Bless you for giving her a good home!

(Do you think her mom will ever tame down?)

icedtea
01-24-2006, 08:28 PM
what a gorgeous cat. is it dangerous or something to use clumping litter??

aprilynn
01-24-2006, 08:36 PM
that is by far the cutest kitten I've ever seen.. such personality in her eyes... very adorable, thanks for sharing! The cuteness overload has made my day :)

AlleyCat
01-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Young kittens should not use clumping litter as they can eat it and it harms their digestive system. They likely don't eat it outright, but it can get spilled into their food, etc., or their fur, when they're so young and playful. That's why it's always recommended not to use clumping litter at a young age -- mine are at least 4 months before I switch over to clumping.

icedtea
01-24-2006, 10:00 PM
ok this may sound weird but wat exactly is clumping, im not sure if seafa is using clumping or not??

Laura's Babies
01-24-2006, 10:20 PM
That baby is a little doll baby! She is just to adoreable!

AlleyCat
01-24-2006, 10:33 PM
ok this may sound weird but wat exactly is clumping, im not sure if seafa is using clumping or not??

Clumping litter is the smaller-grained litter that, when #1 or #2 is done :D , it clumps together and makes it really easy to scoop out. The non-clumping kind is usually bigger and often scented as you're not expected to scoop out #1 - just change it when it needs to be changed.

boscibo
01-24-2006, 10:40 PM
aw, thanks for all the compliments. She has me wrapped around her paw. I have been emptying the litterbox daily (because I can't scoop pee) - I hate the perfumey smell, Jeff hates the dust.

Hanna does sniff her under the door, but still growls. I am trying to do some homework in the room the baby is in, but she is very active, it is very hard to get anything done! I have learned that the mother cat has been at the barn since she was a kitten, and I have never seen her before! That is amazing - I know all the other barn cats well. She must hide every single time I've been there. The barn owner says she's always had that type of personality - very wild. Hopefully she can catch her soon to get spayed. She said when she took her barn cats in to get fixed the mother was the only one she couldn't catch.

kimboe
01-25-2006, 12:42 AM
Oh, my what a pretty lil fuzz ball you got there! She is so darn cute, and fluffy! :D
More pictures of your lil one.

orangemm
01-25-2006, 04:25 AM
Oh my goodness, what a little fluffball she is!!! She is a little sweetheart, and you are so lucky to have her!! :) :)

Felix
01-25-2006, 05:11 AM
Just a ball of purr,such a sweetie pie. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-25-2006, 05:13 AM
Oh my, what a lovely little bundle of fur!! I instantly fell in love with her!!
Look at these gorgeous big eyes....
http://home.comcast.net/~ladidah1/meow4.jpg

Barbara
01-25-2006, 05:20 AM
What's her name?

She is so cute- and looks like some tortietude too :D

I can't be of help in the litter question. Plus I suppose Hanna wouldn't hurt the baby but of course there would be no guarantee for a fight.

I hope some others can give you more tricks how to get them closer together. Maybe pheromone spray (like Feliway) could help.

jenluckenbach
01-25-2006, 05:37 AM
Use pine pellet litter! It is safe and it is fantastic!!!! you can probably go to clumping at around 4 months.

That little girl is so adorable!

catmandu
01-25-2006, 09:56 AM
What a Fantastic Kitten,with some of the most Unique Coloring that I have seen in quite some time.
We are really looking forward to seeing these Little Beauty grow into One Gorgeous Cat.

kimlovescats
01-25-2006, 12:05 PM
She is TOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! :eek: :D

heidiv
01-25-2006, 05:49 PM
She is so sweet just a little sweetheart. What gorgeous markings she has. And the green eyes tooooooooo cute.

icedtea
01-25-2006, 05:58 PM
i love her fur!

shais_mom
01-25-2006, 11:52 PM
she is adorable!!!!
what beautiful eyes she has!!!
What's her name?

krazyaboutkatz
01-26-2006, 12:10 AM
She sure is adorable. :)