PDA

View Full Version : shelter cat or kitten

icedtea
01-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Hi well as I have said in the big cat thread, we went to the spca and saw some beautiful big cats, and my Mum and my brother both like a grey guy called Joey, and I also like a gorgeous siny black girl called Princess Layla, and so nw we are considerign wether to give an adult cat a home, or egt a little ktten playmate for Seafa. hmmm

kalehr
01-25-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm a bit biased because I rescued a senior cat from the local humane society, but I say adopt the adult cat. They often have a harder time finding a forever home than kittens and can be more mellow and might even have better manners than a kitten, LOL! So I say get the adult cat - you won't regret it!

icedtea
01-25-2006, 02:53 PM
i spotted a gorgeous black shiny coated girl, 1 yr old who just had kittens, also at the shelter. first i need to convince ym dad, though!! hes home for 7 weeks! he works away from home. haha. otherwise we liked a grey boy called joey with a nip out of his ear.

Jessika
01-25-2006, 02:59 PM
I would say go with the adult cat as well. Adult cats are often passed up at shelters because everyone wants a cute and cuddly kitten (I mean, who doesn't??). But kittens are so easy to adopt out you know? The older ones are the ones who will be there for awhile, so I would give one of them a home :)

In fact, the next time I adopt a cat, I'm planning on adopting an adult

carole
01-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Yes please do consider the adult cat, they do have much less chance of being adopted and still make great pets without all the upheaval a baby does cause, i have only ever adopted adults cats and it has worked out wonderfully, good luck.