PDA

View Full Version : Prayers requested...

Christiansmommy
01-24-2006, 08:03 AM
I will copy an email that I sent out to my email contacts...and it will explain what is going on...here it is:

To my family and friends, ( some of you may know this already, but here is everything in a little more detail),

Last I emailed you all, we had just found out that we were having another little boy. Since then, I had to go for a level 2 ultrasound b/c there were a few things that needed to be looked closer at the baby. I had the level 2 ultrasound yesterday and we met with a doctor and a genetic counselor. The baby’s kidneys appear “bright” on ultrasound scan, which can mean and be because of many different things. They should typically be a grayish color…they are a brighter color. In addition to that, they found that his umbilical cord should have 2 veins and one artery, or 1 vein and 2 arteries (not sure which), his only has 1 vein and 1 artery. B/c of the cord being like this, that could be a reason for his kidneys being how they are…I think they are leaning away from a kidney disease at this point, b/c they weren’t extremely bright and are apparently the right size and everything. His bowels were a little bright as well. It is possible that it could be infection…and maybe by my next ultrasound things will look better. He is measuring the right size and everything else looks good. They said his thigh bones look a little short, but we aren’t really concerned about that. Since many syndromes that people/babies can have, have many many symptoms that make them up…they have said that there is a slight increase in the risk of down syndrome, b/c of some of these things that I have mentioned. The risk is low, but it can still be there. They are going to keep a close eye on his heart as well, b/c with the 1 vein 1 artery thing, that can be something that is at risk, and also b/c Rob was born with a hole in his heart ( that closed 2 days after birth), but apparently this is pretty common. The 4 chambers of his heart look good, and his brain is fine also, as is everything else. I have to go for several more level 2 ultrasounds to make sure that he is growing well, and to keep an eye on everything. I also have to go for some blood work to make sure that I don’t have any serious infections that they don’t know about, that could maybe explain why his bowels and kidneys looked a little bright…

Anyway, it has been a lot for Rob and I to take in…but we are so blessed to have family and friends praying for us and the little guy. So, if you are a part of a church family and wouldn’t mind adding our baby to your prayer list, we would certainly appreciate it. And if you could keep him and us in your prayers as well. Family has really helped me to look at things with a better outlook….my mom calmed me down a lot this morning, just mentioning that God knows this little guy already and is caring for him for us, even in the womb. There is a verse in Psalms 139 about being knit together in my mother’s womb, and that He knew you, before you were born. This helps me to have peace with everything. He is certainly in control and the baby is in His hands, what better place for him to be? I was sent this verse today in an email…”The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. James 5:16”

And as my Nana always said before praying,” you have not, b/c you ask not.” So I know that with prayer and devotion to the Lord, many good things can come because of it. This situation has brought many tears, but it has already helped me to feel closer to the Lord because of it. Thanks for reading through all of this, and I will keep you all updated about our very special little boy. I know with whatever happens, it is for God’s own reason, and that it will be the perfect will for this situation…b/c He knows best.

Thanks again,Love,

Robyn

anna_66
01-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Oh Robyn,

I'm sitting here in tears just thinking about how your feeling right now. I just hope and pray that everything will be alright with this sweet little boy that you are carrying. I know that he will be loved no matter what.
Since I've never had a baby myself I really don't quite understand it all, but I know it must be very hard to deal with right now.

I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

{{{{HUGS}}}}
Anna

prechrswife
01-24-2006, 08:16 AM
Praying for you, your family, and your little one.

.sarah
01-24-2006, 08:18 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this :( I hope the little guy just has an infection, and it's not something more serious. I'll be thinking of you and your baby boy.

ramanth
01-24-2006, 08:30 AM
Many prayers for you and the baby.

Pawsitive Thinking
01-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Praying for you all

Daisy and Delilah
01-24-2006, 08:37 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you now Robyn. I have two children and when I carried them there was no modern technology like there is today. Unfortunately, I still don't understand it all very well. Please have comfort in knowing that things may change and everything is not always as bleak as it seems. I'm so sorry for the extra burden you're all having to bear at this time. You will all remain in my thoughts and prayers for as long as you need them.

Barbara
01-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Sending all my best thoughts to you Robyn, and hoping that everything turns out just fine.

Samantha Puppy
01-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Robyn,

Check your PMs. Aidan and I had a two-vessel pregnancy. He also has kidney issues. When he was born, they found a whole myriad of things wrong with him - he had a pelvic kidney, rocker-bottom feet, coloboma in his left eye (which we recently found out was in the right eye as well), he was really tiny - and all of these things can add up to some pretty nasty chromosomal disorders. The pediatrician was sure he had CHARGE syndrome and ordered a blood test. Three weeks later, he called us dumbfounded. The bloodwork came back negative. All these symptoms that usually point to this syndrome were present but coincidence.

So keep praying and know that while your baby may, in fact, have a few quirks like with the kidneys and his size, he will still be your perfect little man - just like Aidan is mine (unless he's screaming his head off, then I want to throw him out the window ;)).

Jaime

Laura's Babies
01-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Awwww! (((((HUGS))))) to you! I know you are worried but you are right, your little one is in God's hands. Put your faith in God and trust in Him. Prayers sent as PT prayers can work wonders when God gets all these messages about the same thing from all over the world! May you find peace in your heart.

caseysmom
01-24-2006, 09:30 AM
Sorry you have to go through this worry Robyn, the first thing I thought was this sounded lke what samantha puppy went through. I hope its just an infection, modern technology seems to give all you expectant moms more to worry about.

Logan
01-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Robyn, you already know that you and your husband and little Christian and the precious new baby are in our thoughts and prayers. Your mom is so wise and I'm so glad she is there for you.

Hang in there and know that we are all thinking positively.

Logan

RobiLee
01-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Robyn, I have already said a prayer for your baby before I typed this and I will continue to do so. You and your entrie family will be in my prayers. My heart goes out to you and I wish I could be there to give you a hug in person and try to offer some comfort. We all care and please know that you can come here and share your fears and worries. I feel that your faith is strong and I know that the Lord is watching over you and yours, Robyn.

{{{HUGS}}}

luvofallhorses
01-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Thoughts and prayers on the way. (((hugs)))

Karen
01-24-2006, 10:22 AM
Of course, you and Sprout will be in our prayers! Here's hoping it's "nothin!" or at least nothing worrisome. And you don't need to worry, Sprout's got a whole world of people, and a whole lot of angels watching over him.

pitc9
01-24-2006, 11:18 AM
I pray that everything will be okay!
You will be in my thoughts!

Edwina's Secretary
01-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Robyn...my thoughts are with you and your family ...... that everything will turn out well....

kimlovescats
01-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Robyn ....

I am so sorry that you have this burden on you right now! As you have already said, I also believe that God is always in control. Your tiny boy is resting in God's loving hands, and He will not forsake him. Although the ultrasound has put worry within your mind and heart, it is also a blessing that the doctors can find and treat / prepare for anything that your son may need.

Please know that you, your baby and family, are in my thoughts and prayers!

Love,
Kim

lizbud
01-24-2006, 11:54 AM
You & your family will certainly be in my prayers that all goes well
with the new baby. Sometimes I actually question the wisdom of all
the modern tests available nowadays.This should be a calm & positive
time for mommas. I wish you the very best. :)

Ginger's Mom
01-24-2006, 01:03 PM
You, your baby, and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. {{{Hugs}}}

Christiansmommy
01-25-2006, 09:42 AM
I just want to thank everyone for you prayers and concern. It means a lot to me knowing that people all over are praying for my little guy. I have called my genetic counselor a couple times already with questions, and he gave me a direct phone line to contact him any time of day...he is great. He has reassured me that the risks for downs syndrome are low and he doesn't even think i should be thinking about it. I wouldn't know for sure w/o an amnio, but the risks of misscarriage are too high in my opinion. So maybe i will have one near 35 weeks...but only if neccessary. I have some "soft" indicators for downs, but the indicators can also appear in completely normal pregnancies...more ultrasounds will help us to get a better idea of everything...so with time, we will know more...anyway, please keep the prayers coming!! ANd I will update as I know more.

I guess the biggest concern is making sure he is growing normally, due to the 2 vessel cord, and a (possible) heart situation, which the doctor wasn't 100% sure he saw anyway, but were just looking extra close, b/c of Rob being born with a hole in his heart (though it may have been a different kind). So, thanks for the prayers, I am feeling better about things, and I know your prayes are helping. Now we just need to see improvement at my next ultrasound and i will feel even better :)

Robyn

Sudilar
01-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Prayers coming your way. There are too many variables for now. Things may change. Just try and relax. (Easy to say, hard to do.)
Hugs.

tatsxxx11
01-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Oh Robyn, I'm so sorry to hear this:( You are such a strong and devout young woman with a wonderful family and so many caring friends to support you and with their help and God's, you and the baby will get through this, I have to believe. I will be keeping you and Rob and the baby in my thoughts and my prayers, Robyn. And as Logan has said, I'm so, so glad you have your wise and wonderful Mom there with you, to lean on and help you through this.
{{{HUGS}}}
Love,
Sandra