PDA

View Full Version : seafa meows when food comes

icedtea
01-23-2006, 09:26 PM
my ktiten seafa meows really loudly whenever i tap the can of food to announce its dinnetime. she climbs up my leg and tries to get to the can. is this normal and ok??

catnapper
01-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Definately normal! I would be concerned if she was completely quiet! :D

Jessika
01-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Sounds pretty normal to me! Mine will crowd you if you go anywhere near the room that has food in it cause they think walking into the room means its food time :rolleyes:

Laura's Babies
01-23-2006, 11:33 PM
LOL! They are right on the money with those answers. All I have to do is walk in my kitchen (especially after dark) and I got 4 meowing fur kids at my feet! Usually, most kitties wait until the hear a can opened in use and it don't matter what you are opening, they think it is for them!

icedtea
01-24-2006, 01:33 AM
thanks!! i thought somethng might be wrong. kyte and monkee used to mew when we opened the fridge. seafa got her vet checks and vacc today, and she very healthy. she dd not like getting her temperature taken!!!! she was a bit quieter when i fed her recently. she didnt dance around like usual. oh well. she might have a friend tomorrow. we are going to check out shelter and take her with us, see if she gets aong well with a certain cat. or else well get one of the pet shop babies. no kittens at spca

catnapper
01-24-2006, 07:03 AM
Don't take her to the shelter with you. Cats are NOT like dogs, where they wag their tails and greet each other. Cats will 99.9% of the time hiss and swat at new cats. You'll get the impression that its a bad match.

Randy_K
01-24-2006, 09:12 AM
Select a cat you're compatible with. Bring it home and put it in a room (like the bedroom) on its own so it has a smaller space to adjust to - you should spend some time with it in that room. Both cats will know the other is there but keep them separated for about an hour or so. Expect a bit of hissing when they first meet, that's normal. Your first cat will try to establish who is boss in the household and make sure the new one knows that fact. They will adjust to the presence of each other in a few days.

catmandu
01-24-2006, 09:24 AM
I would too consider that something was very wrong if the Found Cats did not bother and harrasss me every step of the way,when I was preparing thier vittles.
I would think that I was serving something that they sid not care for.

kimlovescats
01-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Sure it's normal for her to meow at dinnertime!!! Kitties are very smart and learn the sound of can-openers, and bags tearing open! :D

I agree that you should NOT take her with you to search for a new kitty. Whichever kitty you decide is best for your family, will soon become a friend for her as well.

I truly hope you decide to get one from the shelter rather than a pet shop!
Good luck!

Kim

Sonia59
01-24-2006, 11:42 AM
LOL! Definitely normal! I use to say that cats have special radar detectors to recognize when you only touch one of their favorite food! :D

smokey the elder
01-24-2006, 02:20 PM
It's completely normal for a kitten to do the "food dance"!

kalehr
01-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Of course it's normal! My cat is a pretty quiet guy, and the only times he meows is when he is either annoyed with me and wants me to leave him alone or when I bring his food into his room for breakfast or dinner. He'll usually follow me into the kitchen and watch me wash out his food bowl and prepare his food in the bowl. Then when I'm done and am ready to take the food into his room I'll pick up the bowl from the kitchen countertop and ask him if he wants his food. He'll always give me a little meow that's along the lines of "of course I am ready for my food, what a silly question!" :D and then we'll go into his room where he'll promptly gobble down all his food!

babychicaleek
01-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Yes!!, Gemini does the same thing!! she even purrs. it's purrfectly normal :cool:

icedtea
01-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Now seafa has started doing dancing when i go to pick her up, she loves it when i carry her around like a baby though!! She does a dance on her hind legs and for the first few sconds after i egt her she bites me. lol!! its play biting though.

kb2yjx
01-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Sometimes after a cat gets its vaccination, they do not feel so good. Perhaps that is why your little girl did not do her dance.

icedtea
01-25-2006, 07:10 PM
she was not doign her dance the day before her vaccination, but shes started doign her dance again, i changed her food. she reacts fine to change of food.