PDA

View Full Version : Canadian's are at the Polls!

king2005
01-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Right now the Conservetives (sp) are WINNING!!!!

OMG I cannot believe its finally happening! PLEASE WIN! PLEASE! Martin cannot get in again 7 keep stealing all our money & health care!

kimboe
01-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Ugh, i hope conservatives don't win.
*Edit- Crazyness... :rolleyes: They are winning big time!

king2005
01-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Ugh, i hope conservatives don't win.
*Edit- Crazyness... :rolleyes: They are winning big time!

I want this to be a nice disscusion, so I plan to stay polite & mean no offence if my opinion differs & wont be offended by others.

ok, why do you not want them in?
I want them in just to get those darn Liberals out, so they can stop stealing all my money & screwing everything up & taking away our Health Care. In all honestly ALL the parties suck, however the Con. seem FAR better then all the others.

CagneyDog
01-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Martin was left over with Chretien's problems.

I really dislike the conservatives. I think Harper is a useless man.

king2005
01-23-2006, 10:37 PM
Martin was left over with Chretien's problems.

I really dislike the conservatives. I think Harper is a useless man.

Martin was part of the scandles remember? He was the one who "missplaced" how many billions of dollars? He was the finincial guy. & now hes runing the Country & destroying Healthcare. I spent 200.00 in health care I never had to pay for before last winter. I couldn't afford to send Rob back, so now his leg is all messed up. Not good in my books.

Harper hasn't done anything wrong, that I have heard. Marten was the one who wasted billions on the long gun registery, that was never going to solve squat, as Criminals aren't going to register their guns regardless.

CagneyDog
01-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Harper is most certianly not a innocent man and I thnk it will be interesting to see how much "better" he does.

king2005
01-23-2006, 10:42 PM
Harper is most certianly not a innocent man and I thnk it will be interesting to see how much "better" he does.

You should post your reasons, so I know what your talking about & so I can comment on them :)

Glacier
01-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Harper scares me to death--at the top his agenda taking a way a woman's right to choose. He has repeatedly in this campaign referred to women in ways that indicate he views us as second class citizens who don't deserve or need the same rights as men. He has stated he will reverse the legislation allowing same sex unions. His candidate up here is all for drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. He's a huge Bush supporter who I believe will go along with whatever the American president tells him to do.

The best of the 3 for the average working Canadian family is Jack Layton, but the NDP have a long way to go before they will be a true player in national politics again.

We have a Liberal MP right now. The count isn't in up here yet. I didn't vote for him this time, but he's been a dang fine MP for this region. I expect he will loose tonight and in many ways that's a shame. Too bad he's a Liberal.

king2005
01-23-2006, 10:58 PM
We have a Liberal MP right now. The count isn't in up here yet. I didn't vote for him this time, but he's been a dang fine MP for this region. I expect he will loose tonight and in many ways that's a shame. Too bad he's a Liberal.

I see the MP as an individual person. But Martin is Liberal & that is where the problem lays as a whole.

AHHHHH!!! I just saw Lee Farnsworth (sp) on the TV as a Liberal MP! She was my teacher in College back in Ottawa!! *dies with laughter*

CagneyDog
01-23-2006, 11:00 PM
I'll reply with more later, I have lots of homework to do. However I think Martin stated the conservatives perfectly "rehashed version of Preston Manning's Reform party".

I have a feeling Harper wont follow through with things. [Example:Health care..waits and such]

I don't believe in his views in many things. He's sexist and a complete homophobic.

king2005
01-23-2006, 11:01 PM
Off to bed

Corinna
01-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Intresting sounds like our USA politics

kimboe
01-23-2006, 11:40 PM
I think that there should be new change other than there always being one or the other party running for so many years. (consevative, liberal, conservative, liberals....etc)
We need new people, new ideas, and new change. ;)

BC_MoM
01-24-2006, 08:22 AM
Conservatives won minority. :(

Steven Harper wants to take away my right as a woman to choose!!

Can the Liberals and, say, the NDP form a majority?

Glacier
01-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Can the Liberals and, say, the NDP form a majority?

No, they can however work together to block things. A minority in some ways is good as it limits the ruling party's power. They can't pass whatever they want whenever they want. They have to get the other three parties on side. However, it also means we will be back at the polls soon. The longest minority government ever in this country lasted just over two years.

BC_MoM
01-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Well, that's good to know. Thanks for informing me, Glacier. :)