PDA

View Full Version : I may have a freelance writing job...

moosmom
01-23-2006, 08:06 PM
I miss writing my "Pet of the Week" column that I had at the Hartford Courant. I asked the Courant if I could go back to it, and the editor (who is a 6itch) said no. So, I gave the New Haven Register (their competitor) a call last week. I got a call from the Features Editor who seems very interested. He asked me to email him some of my writings and he'd call me. He said it doesn't pay much (I don't care, I just love to write and it helps get these poor animals furrrever homes). He told me that he remembered my Dad (who was a photographer at the Register) very well and said if he closed his eyes and inhaled, he was SURE he'd smell my Dad's cigar smoke. It made me smile and my eyes water as that was one of the things I miss about my Dad.

Keep your fingers crossed guys! I'll let you know the minute I hear anything.

catnapper
01-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Good Luck Donna! How exciting! I am excited for you!

So many good things are happening for you in Connecticut! Woohoo!

Laura's Babies
01-23-2006, 08:19 PM
Ewwwww Lady! :eek: That sounds WONDERFUL!!! Good Luck!!

kuhio98
01-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Oh, how wonderful! Fingers and paws crossed. How nice to talk to people who still remember your father.

finn's mom
01-23-2006, 11:01 PM
That's really exciting, I hope it works out!

K9karen
01-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Oh Donna, that's terrific! Sounds so promising! And writing is such great therapy. How touching that your dad was remembered in such a loving way. Lots of fingers crossed!

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-24-2006, 05:17 AM
Good luck Donna!! That would be really perfect for you!!