PDA

View Full Version : friend for seafa

icedtea
01-23-2006, 06:56 PM
We have decided that seafa is going to get very lonely if we dont egt her a friend, we were going to get hr and her brother, but he was reserved. we are either goign to get a very big adult male who is very cuddly and nice from the shelter or a cute black kitten from pet shop.

koxka
01-23-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm sure you can find a cute black kitten at a shelter too. ;)

Laura's Babies
01-23-2006, 08:05 PM
My vote is for a blackie from a shelter..

icedtea
01-23-2006, 08:45 PM
our local shelter doesnt have a black female kitten. our shelter mainly has adult cats and a couple of dogs. they have about 6 adult cats and about 4 dogs. they do get kittens in there, though. the ones at the pet shop are about 6-7 weeks, old. hmmm.

catnapper
01-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Its against the law to sell kittens under the age of 8 weeks. I would not trust a shop that has them for sale.

As for adopting an aduilt cat, I think it would be lovely to do so since they are so often overlooked, but make sure its a very tolerant one who will adapt to a new home quickly and tolerate a small kitten. We usually suggest that kittens are adopted out in twos for a reason: they drive adult cats batty.

icedtea
01-23-2006, 09:22 PM
im in new zealand, and im guessing the laws are different. we got seafa at 7 and a half weeks :( as i said, i did try to get 2 kittens, but the other had homes, so we may end up with ikus and seafa, or we may end up with kitten and seafa.
ikus really jumped out at evryone in my family. if we are going to get an adult cat, it will be him. hes very handsome. hmm