PDA

View Full Version : Dog Tag Info

BC_MoM
01-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Just out of curiousity, what do you guys put on your dog's tags?

On another board I am on, there is a discussion as to whether or not it is wise to put the name of your dog on it.

Why You SHOULDN'T:
- Someone could want to keep it even more if they know the name
- It would be harder to proove it was yours if there was a fight over the finders and the real owners

Why You SHOULD:
- The dog will (or may) feel more comfortable around those who call it by name
- It will follow you home more willingly if you know it's name

So.. what do you put on your dog's tags?

I have:
Dogs Name
My Address
My Phone Number

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-23-2006, 06:42 PM
They have:

-Dog's name & our last name
-Our city & Province
-Our phone number

k9krazee
01-23-2006, 06:43 PM
I have the dog's name, my last name and phone number.

I_luv_rusty
01-23-2006, 06:50 PM
-Dog's name and or last name
- Address
-Telephone Number

Corinna
01-23-2006, 06:51 PM
I have Phone # and "I am microchipped"

Suki Wingy
01-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Niņo
street address
town, IL
phone number

chocolatepuppy
01-23-2006, 06:55 PM
dogs name, 'my last name'
address
phone#

Alysser
01-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Name and phone number.

Jessika
01-23-2006, 07:00 PM
I just have my dog's name and a telephone number. I find having an address isn't really necessary since if they get loose in my neighborhood, they probably already know where they live anyway since EVERYONE knows my two. And secondly its just.. not necessary, IMO. What if I move? What if I go out of town and bring them with me and they get loose there? An address won't do any good then.

Oh and I don't see how having their name on it or not would make it "hard" to prove who the real owner is. If you have your dog microchipped, that's all the "proof" you need. ;)

Glacier
01-23-2006, 08:09 PM
I have phone numbers and address on one side and REWARD FOR RETURN on the other.

KYS
01-23-2006, 08:53 PM
I have address and 2 phone numbers on id tags.
One dog is chipped and the other one has a tatoo.

Ginger's Mom
01-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Dog's Name
Phone number
Our town

I am not comfortable having my home address on it. As long as my phone number is on there they can contact me. And she is microchiped (I have got to remember to put that tag on her as well).

Ree'sKujo
01-23-2006, 09:02 PM
I agree Ginger.I have Kujo's name and mt phone# on his tag.He to is microchipped so all they have to do is call the # on the micro tag and they'll get in touch with me.

Kfamr
01-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Front - Their name.
Back -
Palm Harbor
FL 34683
#(xxx)xxx-xxxx

All 3 are microchipped and our information comes up when scanned.
Besides that, *knock on wood* I don't think my 3 would get away, none of them have ever tried charging out the door or gate. I don't think they'd come to a complete stranger either.

Karen
01-23-2006, 09:54 PM
I have phone numbers and address on one side and REWARD FOR RETURN on the other.

Probably wise considering you have all dogs whose breeds are known for escaping and running for the sake of running! :)

pnance
01-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Mine have a name and phone number, plus they have a second tag that's a license with an id number to the humane society who has all my info.

vinjashira
01-24-2006, 04:40 AM
Snow's name and my mobile phone number
so people can contact me right away if snow ever gets lost and somebody finds her cause I always have my mobile phone with me

dab_20
01-24-2006, 11:26 AM
well my mom put sammy's name and our phone number. and she spelled sammy- Sami which is spelt like a girl! lol

and on mollis is her name our city and state and phone number.

Glacier
01-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Probably wise considering you have all dogs whose breeds are known for escaping and running for the sake of running! :)

True! Plus with so many dogs, I order tags in bulk and they are always loosing them. This way I can order a bunch at a time for a lower price and when they loose one I don't have to rush out and get another one with the right name on it!

elizabethann
01-24-2006, 11:39 AM
I have Phone # and "I am microchipped"

Oh that's a good idea. I'll have to get one that says that because Fenway is microchipped.

Thanks for the idea.

lv4dogs
01-24-2006, 12:46 PM
I have:
Dogs name my last name
address
phone number

I am thinking about having double sided tags, and have on the other side "needs medication". I know that I would be kind of lying but I am thinking that there is a greater chance that he/she would be returned.
In Nanook & Raustyk's case I wouldn't be lying, they do need meds for their joints, in Nanooks case his arthritis is so bad that it is almost a life or death situation. Raustyk could easily live without them not as good or long of life but she is not that bad yet.
In Kaiges case however it would be a total lie. I don't know if I could lie even if it means having a greater chance at them being returned. :confused:

My Peanuts
01-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Dog's Name
Owner's name (my dad's name)
Address
Home phone.

On the back of Jimmy's and Morty's is my cell number. Sylvia and Harley's tags are older and they didn't have the option when I get theirs.

Sylvia and Harley also have micro chips. Morty is going on 2/6 for his micro chip and Jimmy is getting neutered and chipped in 2/16. :) Thaey can't escape us even if they tried after that! :p

Sylvia has a tag but she never wears her collar. She's a naked Pug. If she gets out I'm not worried about catching her :p I can catch a chubby Pug!

JenBKR
01-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Name and phone #. I can't see how it would be a problem over whose dog it is if the dog is licensed and/or microchipped. Don't dogs have to be licensed legally? I guess it depends on where you live, but I'm pretty sure that here you have to have a license for your dog. I have Roscoe's license on his collar too.

Suki Wingy
01-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Oh and Niņo has a microchip

Corinna
01-24-2006, 05:04 PM
I put chipped on it becouse people would be less likely to keep one of the goof troop if they knew a scanner could find them out. also they can get them to a scanner and call me sooner.

Uabassoon
01-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Payson's tag has his name, Alexa's cell phone # and street address. He also wears a plastic tag showing that he's microchipped.

Pembroke_Corgi
01-24-2006, 05:33 PM
My dogs have their names and my address and phone number. Luckily, I've always known when they've gotten loose (ok, just Marta gets loose :rolleyes: , Adele doesn't have any interest unless chasing a squirrel is involved) since I keep an eye on them in the yard.

I live on a busy street so I'm worried about someone coming and opening the gate while they are in the yard. If I wasn't attentive, though, I think Marta would probably walk off with anyone she is so friendly. I don't think Adele would, thankfully, but I always check up on them when they are in the yard just to be safe.

joycenalex
01-24-2006, 08:43 PM
alex has his county dog tag, rabies tag, microchip tag and two personalized tags. the first one has...important needs meds, call vet xxx-xxx-xxxx, reward for alex, the second personalized one says, alex m....needs meds, epilepsy reward, my home number. when alex took himself on a walk 4 years ago, the guy who found him called my vet (he couldn't reach me, cause i was running around the neighborhood like a crazy woman looking for alex). the vet sent one of her techs to pick him up. the guy asked for the reward...i gave him everything i had in my wallet. a small price to have my dog back.

pitc9
01-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Name
Address
Phone number
Both are also Chipped.

chrissycat21
01-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Snowy's tag has

Her name and my last name
Our phone number
Address

Snowy currently is not microchipped, but will be soon.

Thandi
01-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Their name
Home phone
Cell phone

Another tag with city licence

Unfortunately, if they get out and someone grabs their collar to hold them, it'll probably come off in their hands because both dogs have the snap collar so they don't choke or get tangled when they play. Both dogs are microchipped so I hope that will get them back to us.

Chica
01-25-2006, 08:23 PM
I have Dog's name and my last name and phone number on one side.On the other side it says the AVID chip phone number.If anyone sees the AVID chip for a dog, they possibly won't keep it because vets can scan it as well as shelters. It shows the name and address of the real owner!!!