PDA

View Full Version : Where to bring my dogs to go to the bathroom...?

chealy731
01-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Soo anybody have any ideas where to bring my little chihuahaus to go bathroom?? oo and its winter time here.... Should I still bring them out or.....?
Thanks!

P.S. Ya umm random question...but do all dog boys go to the bathroom with their legs up??

Uabassoon
01-23-2006, 05:30 PM
If you normally take them outside then I would continue doing that, if they are cold get them a jacket. My girlfriend's dog gets cold when she has to take him out so we bought him a jacket so that he can be warmer.

Alysser
01-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Sassy goes on a WeeWee pad all year long. Since, when we got her we could n't train her to go outside because we were having our pool put in. So we stuck with that. You could try that.

No boys here. All of my friends dogs do though. :D

dab_20
01-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Well what are you doing now? Taking them outside -always to the same spot- is good. Not all male dogs put there legs up. And if they are nuetered young then that ussually doesn't happen.

Suki Wingy
01-23-2006, 06:54 PM
I know that guide dogs male puppies are kept around female dogs so they squat to pee.

chealy731
01-23-2006, 08:50 PM
ok thanks guys!! :D

BC_MoM
01-23-2006, 08:57 PM
If you're just taking them outside to go to the washroom, they should be fine. I don't think they will freeze that quickly. ;) lol

Some male dogs squat, some lift their leg. Mickey rarely lifts his leg, but he doesn't squat either.. he pees like a horse, back legs extended. LOL :D

Flatcoatluver
01-23-2006, 10:08 PM
t.j will lift his leg when he isn't tired and when he is tired, he will do the same as mickey!!! :D

K9karen
01-23-2006, 11:51 PM
By my own admission, I'm no expert, but since I find dogs so habitual (once is cute, 2nd time, bad habit, as they say) if you're going to take them out, continue to do so, and not confuse them by also using pads indoors. Carry them to a preferred spot. (don't forget the "outie" treat afterwards)
My Cody was neutered at 7mo and only lifted his leg a teeny bit. The neighbor kids thought he was a sissy! :D :D :o

dab_20
01-24-2006, 10:42 AM
I know that guide dogs male puppies are kept around female dogs so they squat to pee.

Oh really? Soooo does that mean if, like, Sammy is only around Molli.... he might not lift his leg? lol

BC_MoM
01-24-2006, 11:05 AM
Oh really? Soooo does that mean if, like, Sammy is only around Molli.... he might not lift his leg? lol

Yep! haha :p