PDA

View Full Version : how should I feel?

racing_gurl07
01-23-2006, 10:10 AM
I feel so bad, Ever since we lost my sweet kitty, i feel like i cannot love another animal. I feel like im ignoring Spike, my cockatiel. even though she doesnt know what happened to kitty, since my kitty was at my parents house and spike is at the house i am at now. Ive had kitty for 20 years now, and it was hard to let her go, and i guess im just scared to love another animal even though i had spike for 3 months now. :confused:

Queen of Poop
01-23-2006, 10:26 AM
It's very hard to let go. But loving the living will help you with your grief for those that have passed.

I've been missing Miko terribly since he was PTS on Friday morning. I spent the weekend with Sebastian, my remaining ferret, loving him, ensuring he's not missing Miko too much, playing with him, etc. While I still have a huge hole in my heart from Miko's loss it is good to ensure that Sebastian is well loved. You will never get over the loss, the pain will lessen with time, but the loss will always be there. You cannot let grief consume you and take over your life. What I do when I lose a pet (4 so far in the last 3 years) is take out my notebook and write down my favorite stories about them. The crying and writing help me heal.

Be patient with yourself, you will figure out what works for you, you will be happy again, but don't forget about the remaining pets, they need your love.

racing_gurl07
01-23-2006, 11:02 AM
thank you. thank you everybody for your kind thoughts and words. I never had anything like this happen in my life, so i dontknow how to take it, but im dealing with the pain. Spike is alwys here for me, she always knows how to make me laugh

sandragonfly
01-24-2006, 10:32 AM
wow, 20 years is quite a long time, I can understand the pain you're feeling. very normal for animal lovers like us.

I agree with QOP, loss will never leave because only gone but never forgotten.

maybe this will help you, recollect pictures of your precious sweet kitty, make collage or do a mini-scrapbook, especially frame a favorite picture of her/him.. that way it has made me feel my little fuzzyboy, edges (sixth face in second row down in my signature) is still around, mostly in my heart, watching me with his cute eyes, smiling.. at first, yes I couldn't get over with cryings and pains but later I started to see him smiling. :) try that? something to heal the pain better way.

for spike, love him as much as you can! poor her if she doesn't know what's going on, she would need you the most right now.

hugs to you.

crazy_caique
01-24-2006, 04:14 PM
:( so sorry.