PDA

View Full Version : I got a photography job!

finn's mom
01-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Ok, so, I finally will be working again. I've been unemployed since September, and, sick for most of that time. I'm sick again, actually, but, will be able to see a doctor soon, I hope. And, it's not as bad as it was before, so, I hope to be able to work through the week.

But, I got a job as a photographer. It's more about dealing with children than the photography aspect, but, hey...it's a start. ;) I'll be taking portraits of pre schoolers at their schools and daycares. Infants to around five or six year olds.

It's good pay, and, they pay mileage and an hourly wage while I'm driving and while I'm working, of course. They also pay for hotels if I need to stay overnight. Which I'm doing this week, for training. I'm driving up to North Carolina for three nights and three days tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about it. Training lasts for four weeks, one of those weeks is spent with the North and South Carolina photographers, on the beach in North Carolina (not that it's warm, but, it'll still be pretty). So, yeah, it's training, but, it's also celebratory. So, that'll be fun. I think that's the third week.

Anyway, I also got a job at a women's gym, and, I've worked a couple of days. I told them about the opportunity with the photography position, and, that it may interfere or completely cancel out the job there. So, I'm going in today to work, and, to drop the news that I will be out of town all week. I kinda hope they'll work with me and the schedule, because it's free gym and tanning memberships! That's awesome!

So, things are finally looking up for me. I knew if I searched hard enough and was patient, that I would find things I could actually enjoy. The photography thing is going to be a challenge, and, these next few weeks will see if I'm a good fit for them, and, vice versa.

That's my news, you guys. It's the main reason I haven't been on Pet Talk as much, just been having a crazy time of it lately.

And, to all of you wonderful friends I received Christmas cards from, as soon as I get a paycheck, I'll be mailing my cards out to you. Just in time for Valentine's Day. :rolleyes: :D Thanks for being so patient with me on that front.

Ginger's Mom
01-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Congratulations! :) I am sure you will do great at the photography job. I know that you have posted some wonderful pictures here and it seems to be something you really enjoy. Sounds great!

Daisy and Delilah
01-23-2006, 10:04 AM
CONGRATULATIONS KARI!!

An awesome job for an awesome lady! This is wonderful news. Enjoy the job but first.....CELEBRATE!! You deserve it :D :) :D :)
Plant a giant kiss on Finn's adorable nosie for us!!

.sarah
01-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Congrats! Sounds like a fun job!

Laura's Babies
01-23-2006, 10:48 AM
WOW! That sounds like a great job!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Jadapit
01-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Oh Kari, thats wonderful news!! I'm so happy for you. :D

BC_MoM
01-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Way to go!!!! You must be soooooo excited!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Randi
01-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Congratulations on your new job, it sounds great! :) Good luck!!

finn's mom
01-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Thanks, guys! :) I am very excited about this chance. What's crazy, though, is that I have something else in the works that might even take me away from the photography job. ;) I've had a good year, so far, let's just say that. There are some negatives to the photography job, just like anything else...really really early hours...a lot of driving, which I love, but, my car may not like much!...and, working around kids all the time. And, working around kids all the time, I don't mind so much as just the constant state of sneezing and coughing and snot and boogers, hahahaha. So, if this other opportunity comes up, I'll take it, as it will mean a new car, better benefits, better pay, and, the chance to get into some training for photography. So, I wouldn't be giving up the photography thing completely. Anyway, I'm excited just to be working again, and, who knows what life has in store for me. I have a feeling this will be a good, good year for Finn and me. ;)

gemini9961
01-23-2006, 11:45 AM
Kari I am so happy for you and Finn ;) I hope everything works out and your year keeps getting better and better. :)

catnapper
01-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Big time congratulations are in order! It sound like a great opporunity and a great company.

luvofallhorses
01-23-2006, 12:36 PM
Congrats!! :)

Karen
01-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Well, good luck with everything, and you've at least got one photography job, even if the other doesn't come through. And just think - if you end up traveling, maybe you'll get to meet more Pet Talk folks!

carole
01-23-2006, 01:46 PM
Kari I am delighted for you, it sounds an awesome job, and could not have happened to a better person, sorry to hear you are unwell again though, poor you,you have sure had your lot this year,i hope you feel better soon and now that things will be on the upside from now on, might put you off kids for life though, just kiddin, lol, excuse the pun, i wish you the best in your new career and hope everything else at the gym works out too, good luck and good on you. :)

lv4dogs
01-23-2006, 01:47 PM
That is great. I am so happy for you. Sounds like a great job. Hope it all works out for you.

cyber-sibes
01-23-2006, 05:06 PM
congratulations on the new job, sounds exciting!

finn's mom
01-23-2006, 11:07 PM
Thank you all so much! I'm really excited about this, and, I leave for Raleigh tomorrow afternoon. Training starts on Wednesday morning, but, it's a four hour drive for me, so, I'm getting there and checking into the hotel the night before. I'll head home Friday night. Finn will stay home with my parents, I'll miss them all! But, I hope to have a good time, and, not be affected badly by my health while I'm up there. I feel all right tonight, and, I'm packing lots of water and veggies for the trip up there. The hotel provides breakfast, and, the company is paying for lunch and dinner, so, I'm all ready to go. :) Anyway, thanks for the congrats, and, well wishes. Here's to a good year for everyone!

CagneyDog
01-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Good luck tomorrow :)

gini
01-25-2006, 10:21 AM
I wish you such success in this new adventure! Your photographs are awesome (that's why I fell in love with Finn) so you should do a great job.

We will all be anxious to hear how your week goes.