PDA

View Full Version : Question about Wolf Hybrids

Astra35803
01-23-2006, 08:03 AM
I have a German Shepherd / Chow mix who supposably has some Wolf in her..I don't see, physically, any thing to make me think that. My question is, is there certain behaviours, etc that a Wof hybrid might have that other regular hybrids wouldn't? Silly questions, but just curious. You can see by the pic the Shepherd line is definately the strongest in her. Anyway, thanks to anyone who may know something about this

cyber-sibes
01-23-2006, 08:26 AM
What a cutie! I see the shepard & the chow, but personally I don't see any wolf in her either, but there are a couple threads under DOG BREEDS that discuss wolf hybrids. you'll find alot of info in those. Here's one of them:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=1512
What's your cutie's name?

pitc9
01-23-2006, 09:17 AM
One feature would be the ears, they are smaller, more rounded and have lots of fur on the inside. But then again, huskies have the same ears. It's always hard to tell by looks especially when they have other breeds in them too.
She sure looks mostly GSD, she sure is a cutie pie!! :D

Astra35803
01-24-2006, 07:52 AM
Thanks for your replies. Her name is Dakota, she is about 11-12 months old now (Was about 7 in the pic. She isn't very big (Only about 45-50lbs). She can be quite timid at times but has started to be more sure of herself as she has gotten a bit older. Your pups are gorgeous as well! :) Anyway, Thank you both again for your replies.