PDA

View Full Version : PT Prayers for my sick little baby boy please

Samantha Puppy
01-23-2006, 07:59 AM
Aidan has been having a heck of a time with his bowel movements this weekend. There has been one in every diaper change since Friday morning! Over the weekend, Josh and I noticed a little bit of blood and mucus in it, so this morning I called the pediatrician's office. We go in at 1:50 this afternoon.

I just feel so bad for the little guy. He's been going so much and having so many diaper changes (sometimes 2-3 within an hour), he's all red and irritated around his little butthole. :( I'm sure he's miserable so I hope that we can get it fixed right away. I've been doing some research and basically, it's most likely either a gastrointestinal bug of some sort OR an issue with his formula. I'm leaning towards the bug because he's been on the same formula for a month so I don't know why he'd start having issues with it now and not right away, but who knows? I'm no doctor.

I am not worried that it's anything life-threatening, I just know that Aidan's uncomfortable and I want to see him "fixed" ASAP. Poor kid. Anyway, we'd really appreciate those potent PT prayers coming our way!

Thanks,
Aidan and his mommy

Cookiebaker
01-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Prayers on the way for sweet baby Aiden!!! I hope they get him fixed right up!!!

Queen of Poop
01-23-2006, 08:22 AM
Prayers for you and your little guy.

Roxyluvsme13
01-23-2006, 08:22 AM
Poor Little Aidan! Prayers and Hugs for Aidan and you.

Anita Cholaine
01-23-2006, 08:30 AM
Prayers on the way for your sweet little boy... (((hugs)))

Ginger's Mom
01-23-2006, 08:59 AM
Prayers going out for Aiden and you. Please let us know what the doctor says.

Daisy and Delilah
01-23-2006, 09:00 AM
(((((((HUGS))))))) Our thoughts and prayers are coming to you Aidan, Mommy, and Daddy. Please get well little guy! :)

anna_66
01-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Poor guy, that must be hard on him and you too.
I'll be saying a prayer for him. (((HUGS)))

Cataholic
01-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Jaime,
In the interim- NO diaper wipes. Use warm baby clothes only. Dry his bum 100% with something cotton- I recommend the softest thing you have. Don't wipe, pat only. Then, slather, and I mean slather, as much vasoline (or Aquafor) as you can around his bum, all the way forward to his scrotum. This will at least stop things from getting worse. It can be something as simple as a diaper rash, with a small GI bug.

Do NOT use diaper wipes on him. Even the 'sensitive skin' ones are tooooooo harsh at this point.

Frequent changes are best. Every hour, if necessary.

Good luck.
Johanna

finn's mom
01-23-2006, 10:12 AM
Aw, poor boy. I hope you can find out quickly what will make Aidan more comfortable, and, ease your mind at the same time.

Jadapit
01-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Oh, poor little guy. You both will be in my thoughts.

AbbyMom
01-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Prayers on the way for baby Aidan.

lv4dogs
01-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Sending good thoughts for the sweet guy!

carole
01-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Oh poor wee chap, I am sorry to hear he is going through this, and poor you too and daddy, you will be worried, i used to use a cream called ungvita, not sure if you get it over there, but it is really awesome, as Johanna said put on as much as you can to ease his discomfort, please let us know how you got on at the doctor, sending you positive vibes and good thoughts for baby to be well again and soon.

Husky_mom
01-23-2006, 02:50 PM
oh i feel bad for you, sending good thought your way, i hope everything clears out, its sad to have a baby in such discomfort and feel soo frustrated but lets hope the docīs find out what is producing this and help "fixing" it.

same suggstion on the baby wipes and butt cream

keep us posted, at this time you must be at the doc, but check when you can, ......hugs........

Karen
01-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Awww, poor Aidan. It's no fun being sick, but worse when your little one is sick! Healing prayers on the way for your cutie!

k9krazee
01-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Good thoughts and ((Hugs)) on the way for baby Aidan :(

beeniesmom
01-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Hope you feel better lil guy.

Samantha Puppy
01-23-2006, 03:55 PM
We're back from the doctor. He gave us some soy-based formula to try on Aidan and see if it helped (I sort of thought he might do that). He sent us to a lab to send in some stool samples for testing and those results won't be back for 2-3 days so we won't know for sure until around Thursday, but hopefully the soy-based formula will help us enough to get us to then without making me lose my mind.

He cried basically ALL day today. My nerves are shot. I'm so glad Josh is home. He's got baby duty until bedtime.

sandragonfly
01-23-2006, 04:07 PM
good thoughts on way! I hope he'll finally be comfortable before the result comes. and that is nothing badder than this bad.

hug that little boy for me! :)

Husky_mom
01-23-2006, 04:16 PM
really hope this formula works for you all, great your hubby helps you out, you really need it, rest all you can......

still sending thoughts your way Aidan!!! mommy is doing her best to help you out cutie, kisses and hugs

lizbud
01-23-2006, 04:29 PM
I hope the formula change helps him. Did the Dr suggest any other
ointment for baby's bottom to clear the rash?I just think that would
be really uncomfortable for Aiden. Desitin words wonders. :)

cyber-sibes
01-23-2006, 04:57 PM
oh, poor guy! If you can get some cloth diapers while he's all sore, it would really help. They're much less irritating than disposables. Desitin comes in a new softer ointment now. It's good stuff. I recall the pediatrician also recommending A & D ointment.

Samantha Puppy
01-24-2006, 05:48 AM
I think it's still too early to tell definitely, but I *think* it was the formula after all. We went through a night (a 2am and a 6am changing/feeding) with no poopy. Now I just have to hope the soy-based isn't going to constipate him or he'll be 10x more miserable than he was yesterday. At the doctor's suggestion, we're slathering his little bum with "Boudreaux's Butt Paste" which seems to be helping a LOT. And because of the lack of poopy, his butt isn't nearly so raw and irritated as it was yesterday.

My husband had to be on soy formula (don't remember the reason) but is fine with dairy products now, so we're hoping the same for Aidan. I wouldn't want him to be lactose-intolerant his whole life.

Thanks for all the prayers but don't stop yet! :)

Pawsitive Thinking
01-24-2006, 06:10 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood! Had to hotfoot to the doctors with Katie this morning...........

Hope little Aidan is soon on the mend - give him a hug from me

prechrswife
01-24-2006, 08:14 AM
I hope the change in formula does the trick and little Aidan is feeling better soon. :)

ramanth
01-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Sore bums are no fun. :( Hope Aiden feels better soon.

kimlovescats
01-24-2006, 02:25 PM
It sounds like it could be colic due to the formula afterall. Both of my girls had to be switched to Soy formula and they both did well on it! Good luck and gentle kisses to baby Aiden! ;)

Samantha Puppy
01-24-2006, 02:43 PM
WOO HOO!!! We had a bowel movement about an hour ago - no more seedy grey poupon consistency. It was like thick peanut butter, which is what he'd been having prior to Friday. Looks like the formula was the culprit!!

k9krazee
01-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Eh, thanks for the details :p Glad hes feeling better though, only people like us would be happy to here that his poo was normal :o

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-24-2006, 03:01 PM
You can count on me too! I am happy to see that he is improving already :)

My Peanuts
01-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Poor little Aiden. I'm glad to hear it sounds like you found the cause of his poopies.

catnapper
01-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Oh Jaime, I am so sorry I missed this earlier! I am glad to see such a positive update though. (((hugs))) to you and Josh. I can't handle an emergency with the cats, I don't know how my heart could handle something like this with a baby! Much love to that sweet little boy.

lizbud
01-24-2006, 05:25 PM
WOO HOO!!! We had a bowel movement about an hour ago - no more seedy grey poupon consistency. It was like thick peanut butter, which is what he'd been having prior to Friday. Looks like the formula was the culprit!!

That's good to hear. :D

Laura's Babies
01-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Glad to hear the new soy milk did the trick! I haven't posted yet but been keeping up with this thread on your little guy. Lets hope this is over with now and he will get all better fast and you and Dad can get some rest!

Pawsitive Thinking
01-25-2006, 03:58 AM
Bless him! Good news