PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day Nomination

gini
04-11-2002, 01:41 PM
While reading some of the other posts, I have had this idea. Mother's Day in America is about a month away.

Pet Talk needs to nominate and vote on the FIRST PET TALK MOTHER'S DAY AWARD!

The person can only be a member of Pet Talk and must have furkids they mother.

O.K. - let's go - we have some wonderful "Mom's" on this board!

LoudLou
04-11-2002, 01:50 PM
I nominate Logan. The wonderful "mother of many ":D

gini
04-11-2002, 01:57 PM
O.K. - I will call that one BOP for Logan! (see her posts).

jennifert
04-11-2002, 02:02 PM
I vote Logan too!

gini
04-11-2002, 02:04 PM
That's two BOPS for Logan!!!

AmberLee
04-11-2002, 02:10 PM
Me three, I 'bop' for Logan, too.

Dixieland Dancer
04-11-2002, 02:21 PM
Ok. Before I BOP Logan, I would like to know exactly what BOP stands for. I must be having a blonde moment and I'm not even a blonde!

Former User
04-11-2002, 02:41 PM
Our vote goes for Logan, she's da best!:)

Cincy'sMom
04-11-2002, 02:48 PM
I have to go with Logan too

jennifert
04-11-2002, 02:50 PM
What are we going to do for this 1st Annual Pet Talk "Mother of the Year"? Any ideas?

zippy-kat
04-11-2002, 02:57 PM
I votez forz Parsely!

Soph, you can't vote for Parsley..it's not a momma.

Iz tooz. Where duz lill' parsleyz comez fromz?

The store.

oh. k. then I changez my votez to all da mommaz of pet Talk...

I'm not sure that's allowed, we'll have to ask Miz Gini...

anna_66
04-11-2002, 03:07 PM
I honestly don't think I could just vote for one mother, you all all wonderful mothers to your furbabies:D :D :D

gini
04-11-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by jennifert
What are we going to do for this 1st Annual Pet Talk "Mother of the Year"? Any ideas?

Well, I didn't get that far...except bestowing the honor. But we could close the voting a week before Mother's Day and then everyone could send the winner a Mother's Day Card.

Anyone else have any ideas?

So far, we have five bops for Logan and one maybe, after Bop is explained......(don't ask, it's just silly on my part).

And two votes for every mother of furkids on Pet Talk.

gini
04-11-2002, 03:30 PM
[i]

oh. k. then I changez my votez to all da mommaz of pet Talk...

I'm not sure that's allowed, we'll have to ask Miz Gini... [/B]

Miz Sophie can do anything she likes - anytime - anywhere - at least in my book.

So we have a vote for "all mothers of Pet Talk" from Miz Sophie.

Ya know, Miz Sophie is pretty clever - where does baby parzley come from...................

momoffuzzyfaces
04-11-2002, 03:38 PM
We vote for Logan too.
Daddys don't get your knickers in a bunch; Father's Day is in June.
:)

wolflady
04-11-2002, 03:45 PM
Tough one! LOL LOL Every mommy on this board is a great mommy to their furkids, but immediately off the top of my head I thought of Logan too....and Sandra, and Pam, and.....the list goes on.
Then I thought of our very own moderator Karen! The Mother of this website!:D
So, I'll put a bop in for Karen:D

Fuzzy317
04-11-2002, 03:53 PM
bop #2 for Karen (whatever is a bop?)

AmberLee
04-11-2002, 03:58 PM
What's a bop?

LOL! Among other things, it's a quote (http://64.246.0.213/talk/showthread.php?threadid=9697&perpage=15&pagenumber=3). On another thread in Pet General re. Willy would still be there when Logan went back to the pet store, Logan was threatening to "Bop" some people for teasing her. In context, it was so funny! You should read it and get a laugh.

lynnestankard
04-11-2002, 04:32 PM
OK My two cents - give me one bop for Logan :) :)

What a fun idea Gini. Thanks .

We had Mother's Day over here in March!!

Lynne

04-11-2002, 04:40 PM
:confused: difficult decision !!! Of course I would like to give my vote to Niina !!! I know , Logan has more cats and she is a perfect cat-mom ; but as lots of Belgians , I am a little chauvinistic .....
Oeps , do not shoot at me now .... :(
So Casper and Kitty : you have the nicest mom in the world !! Take good care of her (and please , no more fighting he , she is scared then ...)
;)

04-11-2002, 04:42 PM
oeps , forgot something ...
I think that it is a perfect idea to send a personal card to the winner !!! Okay everybody , start working on that , it must be purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect !!!

gini
04-11-2002, 04:54 PM
LOGAN = 8
ALL MOM'S = 2
KAREN = 2 (head bunny)
NIINA = 1

Logan
04-11-2002, 04:59 PM
This is all in fun, right Gini??? :D No one should worry about hurting any one's feelings!!!

I'm still thinking about my vote.........I'll be back for it later after consulting with my crew. :D

Hey, and Gini......if people are too embarassed :o to vote "live", online, can they email you or send a private message??? Some might think they are being less than loyal to people they care about.

I might like to vote that way.......too many friends here. :)

Logan
04-11-2002, 05:03 PM
And "BOP" came from Pam! She said "don't BOP me" on that post mentioned earlier......I did "BOP" her and I "BOPPED" Mary Gene (Purrley) too!!!! :D :D :D They were being silly and so was I!!!! :)

gini
04-11-2002, 05:12 PM
Oh, I would be so distraught if anyone had their feelings hurt here. The thought never even crossed my mind!! Yes, it is all in fun! I thought the Pet Talk Spring Wrangle was over.......and I hope that it is!!!

So, everyone, please, please - let's keep this light and loving........after all you could vote for yourself! You know that you are the best Mom to your furkids!

And yes, reaching me at [email protected]
to cast your vote is fine.

Rascal wants to know if I am such a great Mom - why don't I let him outside more often!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
04-11-2002, 08:27 PM
I wanna cast my vote for all of the mommies too! Everyone here is so nice. And you can just tell from everyone bragging about their babies and worring about them and seeking advice that everyone here IS A GREAT MOMMY.

Genia
04-11-2002, 08:51 PM
I think all Pet Talk Mommies are great! Just being here sort of prooves it. I vote for all!

Former User
04-12-2002, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by lut
:confused: difficult decision !!! Of course I would like to give my vote to Niina !!! I know , Logan has more cats and she is a perfect cat-mom ; but as lots of Belgians , I am a little chauvinistic .....
Oeps , do not shoot at me now .... :(
So Casper and Kitty : you have the nicest mom in the world !! Take good care of her (and please , no more fighting he , she is scared then ...)
;)

Lut, you are so biased, that you cannot vote LOL LOL!!!:D :D

Former User
04-12-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by gini

Rascal wants to know if I am such a great Mom - why don't I let him outside more often!!!

Silly Rascal, your mommy loves you SO VERY MUCH, you are lucky to have her, take good care of her ok? We all love Gini here very much, and you too Rascal! Headbumpies for Rascal from Casper and Kitty, and a hug from Niina to Gini:)

Gio
04-12-2002, 06:30 AM
This is a difficult one! I would like to vote for everyone here but if I have to narrow it down I'd have 2 nominations in mind, Mugsy from the dog board certainly deserves a mention the way she takes care of her very large gang and Logal who is trying to catch up with her :D

gini
04-12-2002, 11:21 AM
LOGAN = 8 1/2
ALL MOM'S = 4
KAREN = 2
NIINA = 1
MUGSY = 1/2

Hmmm, one half a vote, didn't know how to handle that..........

Logan
04-12-2002, 11:23 AM
LOL!! I think you're handling it fine. I love all the "moms" and "dads" on Pet Talk!!!! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
04-12-2002, 11:48 AM
Logan, did you know that:
mother of many = MOM?
Just an observation. LOL.:D

Dixieland Dancer
04-12-2002, 12:13 PM
Well I kind of understand the BOP thing now. I just didn't want to be doing something I would regret later! LOL

I cast a BOP for Logan. She is the first to come into my mind. I try to go with first instinct although I agree that everyone is a great mom! :D

We wish you all a very HAPPY MOTHER's DAY (Early). It's not until May 12th! :eek:

Albea
04-12-2002, 01:01 PM
Can we have more than one nomination?
All the moms of Pet Talk are wonderful! Think of Mugsy and her 15 dogs, and Graham's mom and dad!!! I would cast my vote for all who have given dogs and cats safe and loving homes.

gini
04-12-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Albea
Can we have more than one nomination?
All the moms of Pet Talk are wonderful! Think of Mugsy and her 15 dogs, and Graham's mom and dad!!! I would cast my vote for all who have given dogs and cats safe and loving homes.

You can nominate more than one, but I think what is fair is that each person gets only one vote. But you can split that vote up (see tally above):) :)

aly
04-16-2002, 11:11 AM
There is no way I could EVER EVER say one person here stands above the rest. Its just not that way. Everyone here is great.

I could NEVER say who is "best" because a best mommy just doesn't exist here!!! I will say all the mommies here are way better than the normal, non Pet Talker mommies though.

And how do you judge it? Mom with the most kids? Mom who spends the most? Mom who has no life outside of furbabies? :D I don't think there's a way to judge!

So I guess my vote goes for everyone. :)

gini
04-16-2002, 11:20 AM
Aly, Some cities come up with a special honor for Mother's of human kids. They probably have the same questions you brought up - how do you judge? I agree - what is the criteria?

On Pet Talk we have read about some very wonderful stories of rescues or special care needs and they all have been heartwarming. The intent here is lighthearted and loving, not a death defying decision.

A vote for ALL of the Pet Talk Mom's - sure counts if you don't have a favorite that immediately comes to your mind.

Should I place your vote for All Mom's?

aly
04-16-2002, 12:43 PM
Yes! Picking a favorite mom would be like picking a favorite kid. I can't do it! I love them all in their own special ways!

Heather Wallace
04-16-2002, 12:54 PM
I nominate Bunny my rabbit who gave birth to 6 in November.

Albea
04-16-2002, 01:28 PM
I'm with Aly. My vote goes to all the mommies in Pet Talk.

jackiesdaisy1935
04-17-2002, 09:08 AM
Well all the mom's on here deserve the award, I don't know one pettalker who is not a wonderful mom to their furkids. This is the best group of loving furkid moms I have ever seen in my life.
However, getting to know this lady, being a small part of her life,
seeing the good deeds she does almost daily, the transporting, the adopting etc. I will have to nominate
Miss Logan

Jackie

Daisylover
04-17-2002, 11:16 AM
I would have to nominate fellow bunny mom, Tazz and Heather for their excellent concerns on being the *BEST* bunny moms ever. :)

Sam's My Baby
04-17-2002, 12:25 PM
I vote for Logan!:)

gini
04-19-2002, 12:17 PM
TAZZ & HEATHER = 1
LOGAN = 11 1/2
MUGZY = 1/2
ALL MOM'S = 6
SANDRA = 1
KAREN (HEAD BUNNY) = 2
NIINA = 1
BUNNY (REAL BUNNY MOM) = 1

WE NEED MORE VOTES.......

purrley
04-19-2002, 01:25 PM
My first thought was Leslie and Graham. The dedication she put into that wonderful dog of hers was just amazing. But not thinking human here, and since PT is about pets not people, I think we should vote for a fur Mommy - Heather's Momma Bunny and babies are sure cute.:)

sasvermont
04-19-2002, 02:29 PM
I remember running in a race benefiting the Cancer Society. Out of 1500 runners, I placed somewhere in the 900's (near the end of the pack). BUT...BUT... I had the highest dollar amount pledged......so I won first prize for having brought in the most amount of money for the cause. I got all kinds of valuable things....clothes, gift certificates, shoes ....and the person who actually won the race by running the fastest time got a lousey statue worth about $5.00.

Where this is all going is that it is difficult to say who is the best Mom/person since we all have different degrees of difficulties to deal with..... and some, no difficulties at all.... it is all relative.

I would say we should ALL be nominated. We ALL love our fur babies and treat them with such respect and love...so we are ALL the best MOMS!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE MOMS (AND DAD/MOMS) HERE AT PET TALK. WE ARE ALL WINNERS..... AND THE RACE NEVER ENDS!

:cool:

tatsxxx11
04-19-2002, 05:02 PM
I wasn't going to chime in on this one. But, as usual, when I do, it's LONG!!:D....Here goes!

I cannot even vote when one of our Pet Talk family's pets' is entered in some cyber contest..."Vote for the....Cutest, best photo, most beautiful" etc. For me, each and everyone of them is adorable, precious, the most beautiful or handsome; "the best!!" There is no way I could ever pick one over another. Each and everyone of them gets my vote because I know that for someone, somewhere, that dog or cat or bird has no equal, is the most special, is loved more than any of us will ever know, by the "best" Mom or Dad on earth. How DOES one measure love, or devotion or dedication?? I don't know that I can. Leslie, you're "the best" for all the tears you cried, all the gruling, anxious, frighening hours you devoted to Graham as your "best friend" struggled to regain his health and vigor after his tragic accident. I will never forget the unbridled joy and pride you felt and shared with us all as Graham became our PT agility star! And I know how heartbroken you now feel to see him struggling to regain some vestige of his "old self." Sudilar (my dear friend Sue) I know deep in my heart that no love is greater than that which you share with "My Hero" Killian and sweet, shy Shi. And although inside I know you heart aches as you face the fear of losing Killi, your steadfast resolve to live each and every day with joy, optimisim and hope in your heart, as he valiantly fights his greatest battle, is my soul's inspiration. Mugsy!! What can I say??? You dear woman deserve "the gold!" Aly?? Tornados???:D How I remember that night!! My friends, my dear, wonderful, friends Rachel, Logan, Pam, Karen, Jackie, Pauline, Connie, Audrey, Sarah, Aly, Angel, Heather EVERYONE, you all know how I feel about you, that I believe each and everyone of you would move heaven and earth for the love of your "kids." For each of you, there is my head, my heart, my memory, a story of incredible, incomparable love!! Each and everyone of you is the best, most loving, most devoted and caring Furmom on earth. I have learned SO MUCH, on every level, from each and everyone of you and I am SO proud to honor you ALL as a fellow Best Furmom! As long as any of us gives our cherished companions our unconditional love, does the very best he or she can to provide care and support, that rates an A+ in my book! Sasvermont said it better than I ever could!
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE MOMS (AND DAD/MOMS) HERE AT PET TALK. WE ARE ALL WINNERS..... AND THE RACE NEVER ENDS!...Congratulations to all the winners!:D And, as I have said how many times now???? "I hope your special day of honor is filled with lots of extra treats and everything your heart desires!;)

Pam
04-19-2002, 05:20 PM
Sandra once again you have put my thoughts into words. You do it so much better than I!! I read this thread and was just unable to pick one person so just decided to let this one pass. Thank you for speaking on my behalf even though you didn't realize you were! ;)

Sudilar
04-19-2002, 06:14 PM
Thank you so much, Sandra!

You are so right!! (as usual ;) ) Any one of us here at PT would go through "he-- or high water" for our furbabies. We would face ANY challange against us for the sake of our kids. So, I'm with you!!! My vote goes to all of us!!!:D

Sue, Killi and Shi

AdoreMyDogs
04-19-2002, 09:53 PM
I vote for every single one of you....because I love you all. I could never vote for just any *single* "mom", so I vote for every mom on this site :)

Thank you so much, Sandra and whoever mentioned me with such loving words. What you wrote, Sandra, was so beautiful. You sure do know how to put emotion into words. Beautifully said.

zippy-kat
04-20-2002, 10:48 AM
Can we adapt this one for pets?

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

and this one is just cute....

Getting down on all fours and imitating a rhinoceros stops babies from crying. (Put an empty cigarette pack on your nose for a horn and make loud "snort" noises.) I don't know why parents don't do this more often. Usually it makes the kid laugh. Sometimes it sends him into shock. Either way it quiets him down. If you're a parent, acting like a rhino has another advantage. Keep it up until the kid is a teenager and he definitely won't have his friends hanging around your house all the time. ~P.J. O'Rourke

jackiesdaisy1935
04-20-2002, 10:58 AM
Sandra, you are one of a kind and I am so proud to call you friend!
Reading your words always makes me feel better, you have a way with them. I love reading what you write. Thank you so much for your insight. You made my day today!
Jackie

lbaker
04-20-2002, 11:35 AM
Jackie always has a kind word to say to each and every COTD, DOTD and POTD so I first thought of her as the "universal mommy" but must agree that ALL the mommies (especially the fur ones) deserve a vote. My momma dog is right up there with her two litters of the most... oh never mind, you get the idea. "Don't get your britches in a tangle Dads, your day is coming"....who said that:eek: priceless. Zippy:eek: where do you come up with these quotes :D

RachelJ
04-20-2002, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by aly
There is no way I could EVER EVER say one person here stands above the rest. Its just not that way. Everyone here is great.

I could NEVER say who is "best" because a best mommy just doesn't exist here!!! I will say all the mommies here are way better than the normal, non Pet Talker mommies though.

And how do you judge it? Mom with the most kids? Mom who spends the most? Mom who has no life outside of furbabies? :D I don't think there's a way to judge!

So I guess my vote goes for everyone. :)

*Mom who has no life outside of furbabies*... that is so funny because I think that is how my husband sees me!

krazyaboutkatz
04-20-2002, 09:57 PM
I agree with most of the above posts also. All the mom's at Pet Talk deserve a vote. :) Everyone here at Pet Talk is the best mom to their furkids.

gini
04-22-2002, 10:07 AM
TAZZ/HEATHER 1
LOGAN = 11 1/2
MUGSY = 1/2
ALL MOM'S = 13
SANDRA = 1
KAREN = 2 (HEAD BUNNY)
NIINA = 1
BUNNY = 2

rg_girlca
04-22-2002, 11:00 AM
Since i am relatively new here, i would have to agree with most of you and vote for all the furbabies moms.
Since i have been to pet talk, i have never read such moving, caring and devoted stories. I have learnt so much since coming here, but the fondest one was learning about Rainbow Bridge. My heart is at peace now knowing my furbabies are in Rainbow Bridge.
So i would have to cast my vote to all the wonderful furbabie Moms. :D

purrley
04-22-2002, 11:04 AM
Lets have no more tallies - I think it's very much agreed that all fur Moms and Dads are special and no one is more special than the other. It would just be impossible to vote on one person.

Ila
04-22-2002, 06:20 PM
I agree with a lot of you that all the Mom's here on Pettalk are very special. All Mom's have a great story to tell on how they took in their fur children and all the special care there getting. So I am voting for ALL Mom's their all special!! Happy Mother's Day to all!!

mylunalove
04-22-2002, 08:46 PM
Well I too think most everyone here is a great pet mom in one way or another! Kudoos to us all!

it is a fun thing.so thanks for thinking up the idea of a Pet MOm award! to cute!

if any one is interested here's a contest... check it out... "Why do you, as a pet parent, believe it's important to be able to claim your pet(s) as a dependent on your Federal and State tax returns?" http://www.nofleas.com/tax-break-contest/

peace & harmony

gini
04-24-2002, 10:15 AM
it is a fun thing.so thanks for thinking up the idea of a Pet MOm award! to cute!

You are welcome - it was intended to be fun and lighthearted.

The majority voted to honor every Pet Mom on the board with all of their incredible stories of rescues, tender caring and deep love for their pets.

And to date, we have a runner-up and that is MIZ LOGAN as our Miz Sophie would say.

We still have time for more votes if anyone is interested, Mother's Day is still a few weeks away.

You may think about sending private messages around Mother's Day to your own very favorite Pet Mom. I know they would appreciate it.