PDA

View Full Version : Animal Precinct

Snowy's Mom
04-11-2002, 12:48 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone watches Animal Precinct?

I swear, sometimes I can't watch it because I get so incredibly angry or I get really upset.

SM

04-11-2002, 04:47 PM
Hi !! Sorry , we cannot see that program here . But I think we do not miss very much he ?! What is it about exactly (I do not understand the word "precinct" ) .
I like animal programs , but only the cute ones (like "Vets in practise" ):)

*LabLoverKEB*
04-11-2002, 08:39 PM
Yes, I watch Animal Precinct!!! I LOVE that show! But, sometimes, I, too, get very angry, or very sad!

Love,
Sarah & Sadie

Genia
04-11-2002, 08:46 PM
I never heard of it. What is it about?

Snowy's Mom
04-12-2002, 07:28 AM
Animal Precinct is a show on the Animal Planet that is just like the show "Cops", but they follow around the ASPCA. They show how they find abused animals and apprehend the owners.

Very, very upsetting. It is filmed in Brooklyn and Queens, NY, and everytime I watch it I want to drive to these sick peoples' houses and ABUSE THEM.

My mom and my fiance tell me not to watch it, because I just get so upset.

Sometimes they have a happy ending--there was one episode where this jerk's dog had a huge growth on the side of his head and didn't take care of him----so the ASPCA took him to the vet and found him a great home!

04-12-2002, 12:07 PM
why do they show such horrible things on teve ...
Do they want to give other bad people evil ideas !!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

luckies4me
04-12-2002, 04:58 PM
That episode was so sad. The one about the lab with the growth on the side of his neck. Did you see the end where the dog was pulling his new owner down the street? Very funny.
The one that got to me the most was the one about the german shephard dog who had serioiusly, thousands of tics on it's body. I am glad the dog lived. I am actually thinking of joining the ASPCA crime unit. Who knows, maybe you will see me on T.V. He he. I would make themedit me out!;)

AmberLee
04-12-2002, 08:07 PM
I am owned by ... 2 degus, ...

:cool:

I don't recall ever having heard of a degus. Can you tell me/us more about your pets? What are all their names? What are they like? :D I'm not asking for much, am I?

Snowy's Mom
04-13-2002, 10:57 AM
Lucky,

I actually saw the previews for the one about the German Shepard with the tics and I couldn't watch the next week -- too sad.

The women on Animal Precinct seem to be very strong-willed...I really admire them for the job that they do to help those poor babies...they have to be with all of the things they have seen.

Stenograsaurus
04-14-2002, 07:13 PM
We live in the country and our local cable company does not have animal planet but I was visiting relatives in New York and I had animal planet on every time I had control over the remote. I had seen animal precinct once. It was an episode where a junkyard owner had a rottie in a pen with no shelter. The officers told the owner that all he had to do was provide a dog house, food, water and clean up the glass and oil. I felt bad for the dog. He looked sad. I hate to see dogs living outside.

Cincy'sMom
04-14-2002, 09:28 PM
I saw the episode about the German Shepard, but I had to keep flipping back and forth. It just makes me so angry, mad, frustrated to see the horrible things people do to their animals....it is a good show though.

Perosnally, I love the Sunday morning line up on Animal Planet...2 episodes of Good Dog U, followed by 2 Breed All About it, and then 2 K9-5.

aly
04-14-2002, 10:02 PM
They do show awful things, but remember they do show a lot of good too. I believe that rather than giving people evil ideas, it actually discourages many from it by seeing there are so many people who care and abusing an animal could get you locked up.

I cry every time I watch the show, but it also gives me renewed strength to go into work and do my job. I do have to close my eyes too at several parts. The episode with the dog with the growth was so SAD! Did you guys see the ones with the 2 poodles, Chuck and Mary? It had a happy ending for those two but not the third dog that man had :(

delidog
04-14-2002, 10:24 PM
yes, i watch it all the time....not always easy...but these stories must be told...to open the eyes of the public...that sheperd got areally nice home....and have you seen the horse stories??? that one that died in the strret was just horrible...but again,there is a reason there are only 10 aspca police officers in a city of 9 million people....and their animals.....things need to change...

it is a good program

and we love animal planet

Bunnicula05
04-15-2002, 10:14 AM
I SO love that show! I watch it like every night! Most of them are reruns. One time I got so upset and I was taking off my shoe and after I got my shoe off I threw it at the tv! LOL
Did you all see the one about the cock fights? All the roosters had to be put to sleep cuz all they wanted to do was fight. SO SAD!

aly
04-15-2002, 10:32 AM
I've seen that cock fight episode sooo many times, but I have aLWAYS turned the channel when it got to that cock fighting part. I don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to watch that one.