PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please...

shais_mom
01-22-2006, 11:40 PM
My Parents 40th wedding Anniversary is Feb 5th.
I have 2 things I have narrowed it down to getting for them.
What are your opinions.
My parents are not fancy people so these are hopefully tastefully simple...

Uabassoon
01-23-2006, 12:02 AM
I prefer the wooden one, I think it's cute and simple.

CagneyDog
01-23-2006, 12:13 AM
I prefer the glass.

IMO the wood is a bit tacky.

sandragonfly
01-23-2006, 12:31 AM
quoted by uabassoon
the wooden one, I think it's cute and simple.

*nods*..agree.

Cookiebaker
01-23-2006, 06:12 AM
I think both are very beautiful, and I think that it depends on their taste. What kind of house do they have??? If they decorate more modern (crystal vases, white carpet, leather couch) then I would go with the glass. If they have more of a country taste (wooden tables, flowered furniture, colored carpet or wood floors) then I would go with the wooden frame. ;)

catnapper
01-23-2006, 06:20 AM
I like the wooden one. I think the glass is overused... every wedding gift shop has something just like it. The wooden one is great! You can tell it took time and was special ordered and such.

I think the wood is nice, especially since you said they aren't fancy people. The glass one would be nice for people who had a lot of glass and crystal already and liked to clean glass a lot (LOL!)

Of course, either one you chose would be lovely. They'll be thrilled with it. I know I would (though I wouldn't want to clean the glass one and I know I'd be obsessive about it! :p)

Congrats to your parents on such a wonderful life together so far!

Pam
01-23-2006, 06:30 AM
I think both are very beautiful, and I think that it depends on their taste. What kind of house do they have??? If they decorate more modern (crystal vases, white carpet, leather couch) then I would go with the glass. If they have more of a country taste (wooden tables, flowered furniture, colored carpet or wood floors) then I would go with the wooden frame. ;)

Anna took the words right of my mouth! :) I voted for wood, though, since I had to make a selection. I think the wood appeals to me because that is what I would like if the gift was for me. :p

Karen
01-23-2006, 07:28 AM
I voted for the wood because it is less breakable, so it would be more likely to survive long-term! :)

Cinder & Smoke
01-23-2006, 07:31 AM
I like the Wooden one!!

;)

lbaker
01-23-2006, 07:45 AM
I wood, woodn't you? ;) :rolleyes:

.sarah
01-23-2006, 07:50 AM
I like the wooden one! :)

Daisy and Delilah
01-23-2006, 07:56 AM
How unique and thoughtful Staci. Both are beautiful. I would say go for the wooden one. I'm a glass fanatic but I think the wood would fit them better. If those are actual pics of your parents we can see where you got your good looks ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-23-2006, 09:40 AM
I really like the quote on the wooden one. I agree with Cookiebaker on how it would depend on their decorating style as to which to choose, but I think you should put that quote on either one of them. I'm not a parent so I couldn't say for sure, but I think that quote would be a huge compliment for any parent. :)

Cataholic
01-23-2006, 09:45 AM
Either one, really. They are both lovely. Your parents sure look different in each picture!!! :D

ramanth
01-23-2006, 09:46 AM
I second this and voted for the wooden one. :)

shais_mom
01-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks everyone. I really prefer the wooden one b/c it is more them. They have a lot of the country decoration stuff. No white leather or a lot of glass in their house!
Funny how almost everyone that posted likes the wooden but on the poll its a close match.... :confused:

finn's mom
01-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks everyone. I really prefer the wooden one b/c it is more them. They have a lot of the country decoration stuff. No white leather or a lot of glass in their house!
Funny how almost everyone that posted likes the wooden but on the poll its a close match.... :confused:

I was wondering the same thing. I voted for the wooden. I think the glass is too...I don't know...overdone, maybe. Etched glass may be considered modern, but, to me, it just makes me think of the 80s or something. I think the wooden one is more up to date, and, less trendy at the same time. If that makes any sense. I like it a million times better. ;)

catnapper
01-23-2006, 12:22 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I voted for the wooden. I think the glass is too...I don't know...overdone, maybe. Etched glass may be considered modern, but, to me, it just makes me think of the 80s or something.
Yes! thats what I was thinking, that it seemed like those big poofy bridal gowns and such from the 80's. LOL Though I think that look is coming back :p

I think the glass one looks like something you got at those stores in the mall, where they do the engraving on site. The wooden one is obviously a special order, and therefore I would cherish it all the more.

luvofallhorses
01-23-2006, 12:24 PM
I like the wooden one. :)

lizbud
01-23-2006, 12:33 PM
I picked the glass one.It would be hard for me to pick for someone
else without knowing something about them. I'm sure they will love
whichever you chose. :)

shais_mom
01-23-2006, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=catnapper]
I think the glass one looks like something you got at those stores in the mall, where they do the engraving on site. QUOTE]

That's very true - I was thinking - why would I order this online when I could go get something similiar at the mall?! ;)

carole
01-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Staci i found it a hard choice to make as both are beautiful in their own way, but i think I will go with the etched glass one, hope all our opinions help you choose. :)

beeniesmom
01-23-2006, 03:10 PM
I prefer the glass.

IMO the wood is a bit tacky.

I agree 100%.

cyber-sibes
01-23-2006, 05:04 PM
i like the wooden one because I've never seen one like it before. As long as it goes with their decore, I'd get it. of course, the glass one is a little fancier, and a 40th anniversary is pretty cool -- quite an accomplishment!

WolvesRawk
01-23-2006, 05:08 PM
The glass is pretty.

Suki Wingy
01-23-2006, 05:39 PM
To me, the glass seems a bit tacky, like something you found one day in the walgreens. The wood seems updated and a lot more thoughtful.

shais_mom
01-24-2006, 12:28 AM
I have ordered the wooden one.
Will let you know how they like it when I give it too them!

Another site I fell in love with but is way too over the top for them but I am going to order an ornament for them is....

www.glassdimensions.com

GORGEOUS stuff.