PDA

View Full Version : exercise

dab_20
01-22-2006, 09:39 PM
ok i have had a cocker spaniel previously, but she was one of those couch potatoes.

so when sammy gets older is playing inside and having some time running in my fenced in back yard, and playing ball enough exercise for a day for a cocker? in the summer he will get lots of walks, but during school thats hard for me. its just my other cocker, missy, was always so overweight and i want to avoid that with sammy early on.

Suki Wingy
01-23-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't know but the stimulation and experience of being taken on walks is very important

dab_20
01-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, and I guess it can socialize them when people walk by and help him get used to cars, too.

IRescue452
01-23-2006, 07:18 PM
When Pepper was young she got to play ball outside and a small walk each day. It seemed enough for her, she wasn't overweight. In my experience with cockers, they don't play with toys much, but you can get them going real fast around the yard and tire them out quick.

Jessika
01-23-2006, 07:24 PM
Just remember, as long as she is getting proper exercise (what you described seems to be adequate for a Cocker) if she starts gaining weight, LOOK AT DIET. Feed a little less, or substitute part of her regular meal with green beans, etc.

dab_20
01-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Thanks so much. He seems to be doing good with his diet right now.

He is getting a grooming on monday and i convinced my mom to set an appointment to get him nuetered!! :D :D

lv4dogs
01-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Just remember, as long as she is getting proper exercise (what you described seems to be adequate for a Cocker) if she starts gaining weight, LOOK AT DIET. Feed a little less, or substitute part of her regular meal with green beans, etc.

I agree! :)