PDA

View Full Version : A great weekend for adoptions.

jenluckenbach
01-22-2006, 07:17 PM
The area where many of our volunteers live has a new Petsmart store, and One by One has been granted the adoption center there. We have had kitties in since this past Monday.

This was their GRAND opening weekend. And over the 2 days we had 8 adoptions. ALL of them were adults!! HURRAY!

My own TobyGreg starts his 2 week stay there today, so wish him luck in finding his own very special family.

catmandu
01-22-2006, 09:04 PM
The Best Part is that those 8 Adults were given a fresh chance to be soeones Friend and Companion,and make thier Guardians very happy.
Thats Eight More Gold Stars for you friend Jen,are you ever going to be spoiled years from now ,when you arrive atThe Rainbow Bridge.
Y.Lee and Your Angels,and the Pet Talker Angels will have a Jen Day,and a Partee To End All Partees.
CONCATULATIONS!!!!!!

catnapper
01-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Yippie! It was sooo busy guys!

We adopted out all the original crew that were put in the cages sometime during the past week, and there's a whole new gang in there. We are wondering what's going to happen if the ones with ringworm don't clear up soon enough --- will we have enough cats to put in there? :eek:

Ah, but in rescue, there's always another cat around the corner that will pop his head up and say "I'm healthy and need a home!" So there's no real worry of that one! I'm just thrilled all those cats found loving homes this weekend.

Laura's Babies
01-22-2006, 09:41 PM
Man! I saw TWO long haired tabbies at our petsmart the other day, all snuggeled together, sleeping. The sign said they were so close they HAD to be adopted together... What a PRIZE those two would be to the person who adopts them!!

CONGRATS on the adoptions... GOOD WORK!

orangemm
01-23-2006, 04:47 AM
It's always good news when a grownup gets adopted! How wonderful for them their new families, and you!

sirrahbed
01-23-2006, 05:32 AM
Wow this was a great weekend for adoptions!! :D I bet you are feeling so happy about these kitties finding wonderful homes :) One by One right?

Felix
01-23-2006, 07:40 AM
Thats great news!Wishing TobyGreg the best of luck in finding a furever home. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Great news!!!

They recently built a new PetSmart near me too, so another shelter now has a showplace for their kitties. If you remember, that's where we saw Lindsey and she was adopted by the time I could contact them about her, so I know they're doing well too! Yippie for PetSmart! :D

catlover4ever
01-23-2006, 09:22 AM
WOW Jen, that's great. Best of luck to TobyGreg!

kimlovescats
01-23-2006, 11:05 AM
That's wonderful news! :)

Our PetSmart kennels sit nearly empty ... only one formal rescue puts kitties in a couple of them. The manager has told me that he would love to have some of my kitties there, but they have a strict rule about rescues having their 501(c)(3) status. I have attempted to fill the necessary paperwork out myself in the past, and believe me ... it is LENGTHY. But then it takes quite a bit of money and can take up to a year to actually get! So ... I just gave up and sit here frustrated.

kb2yjx
01-23-2006, 11:23 AM
That is really wonderful that all your hard work has paid off with * older cats getting FOREVER homes!!! YEA!!!!

Vermontcat
01-23-2006, 09:14 PM
That is great news Jen! :D
Good luck to TobyGreg.
I'm sure that someone will want that handsome tuxy boy. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-24-2006, 03:52 AM
What great news, Jen!!
ps. just mailed your card ;)