PDA

View Full Version : what sports do you like/play?

dab_20
01-22-2006, 06:28 PM
I am on the girls junoir varsity hockey team. **Hopefully** I will be on varsity next year. I've been playing for 2 years. So what do you play or like?

Uabassoon
01-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Rugby! I played for the Univeristy of Arizona when I went to school. Now I play for a team here in town called the Lightning.

Almita
01-22-2006, 07:24 PM
I like to play volleyball and basketball and football!

WolvesRawk
01-22-2006, 07:26 PM
I play football (soccer in America), and ride horses. I love hockey but I don't play. With the horses, I do eventing. Very Fun.

.sarah
01-22-2006, 07:28 PM
I'm not much for team sports, although I do enjoy baseball. I just like playing for fun though. I use to play on a team and I hated it. I hate relying on other people :o :p

Chilli
01-22-2006, 07:32 PM
I don't play any actual sports that relate to school.
I don't play any sports at all... once I think about it! :D
I suppose the closest thing to sports that I do is skateboard.

Toby's my baby
01-22-2006, 07:35 PM
I LOVE sports!!!<3 <3 I play basketball, but I would love to play Volleyball, Football :p, Softball, Hockey, be in Track and Swimming. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to run. I also ride horse in pleasure, horsemanship, showmanship, barrels, poles, key hole, jumping and all that fun stuff. This summer I am going to join track or softball, not sure which on though, since you can't be in both. and hopefully next fall I will be able to play volleyball :)

dab_20
01-22-2006, 07:36 PM
wow rugby sounds like a neat sport, they don't have it here.

my other sports have have done in the past is gymnastics, soccer, volleyball, and swimming. i don't know if you concider ballet a sport but i was in it when i was 5 until i was 8.

sports with horses is fun too. i've ALWAYS wanted to be in barrel racing... but i am not a very confident rider. and i want to do agility with sam.

Chilli
01-22-2006, 07:38 PM
I just think I wasn't cut out for sports...
Mum says that when I was in softball when I was little, I quit in the middle of the game and just sat down in the outfeild and started drawing in the dirt. :rolleyes:
I do like to play basketball occasionally, though.

Almita
01-22-2006, 07:42 PM
For me right now i'm not in any sports but I love mostly anything basketball football softball volleyball tennis etc.... I love to run my friends and I are always bored and me I just want to run or seomthing but they are all too tired beucause they don't like to run. I'm gonna sign up to sprots when they come!

dab_20
01-22-2006, 07:45 PM
I HATE running, that why I joined hockey. ;) I never knew how to skate and when I joined I found out how much fun it is! And come on, living in the state of hockey, of course i've got to play. :)

luvofallhorses
01-22-2006, 07:47 PM
I don't like sports. :o

Tollers-n-Dobes
01-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Honestly, I'm not really into human sports. I used to like baseball when I was younger but now I just don't find it to be a lot of fun. I much prefer dog sports...

WolvesRawk
01-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Honestly, I'm not really into human sports. I used to like baseball when I was younger but now I just don't find it to be a lot of fun. I much prefer dog sports...Dog sports are fun. If they count as a "sport" in this catagory, then I do agility.

The Cat Factory
01-22-2006, 07:57 PM
I don't play any sports, but I love to watch hockey :)

chrissycat21
01-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Me? Athletic? HA! :p :D

I used to play basketball, I still occasionally play for fun with my dad or my sisters. I would go out for track, but it is at the same time as the spring musical which I always try out for. I do horseback ride, thats basically my sport.

Edit: I also do mountain biking every summer.

dab_20
01-22-2006, 07:59 PM
yes as i said, i would like to do agility with sam. and to me thats definatly concidered a sport. because you run. :) lol... you have to be somewhat fit, and it's really a great sport to do with your dog.

tomkatzid
01-22-2006, 08:01 PM
I used to play football(wide receiver & defensive back).....basketball too, still play that a little.
Mountain and road biking, some don't call those sports. tell it to Lance Armstrong :D
.....tom

k9krazee
01-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Honestly, I'm not really into human sports. I much prefer dog sports...

Ditto!! :D Other than dog sports I LOVE ulitimate frisbee, its not really a sport...but its great fun :D In middle school I played basketball but I never really enjoyed it...

davidpizzica
01-22-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm a bowler and I love it! I work on a golf course, but you would think I'd play golf. I don't, I HATE GOLF!

sammy101
01-22-2006, 08:27 PM
i'm terrible at sports. :o I used to play softball though and i may start again when i move back to Canada.
But right now,i play Golf :D .I find it relaxing to play and it takes my mind off things.

dab_20
01-22-2006, 09:26 PM
i am not much into golf. but mini golf is fun once in awhile.

Suki Wingy
01-22-2006, 09:31 PM
I don't really like human-human sports, I like when animals are involved ;) I like conformation handling and riding (jumpers)

GoldenRetrLuver
01-22-2006, 09:31 PM
I looove sports! I've played all kinds; Basketball, Tennis, Softball, Soccer, etc. Soccer is my absolute favorite, though. :D I've also participated in Dog Agility. I was going to go out for my school's soccer team this year, but school in general has been taking up most of my time and I felt like I wouldn't have had time for athletics, on top of doing homework, going to practices, etc. I do plan to next year, though.

dab_20
01-22-2006, 09:36 PM
yeah its really hard having sports and school. like i go to school, come home and feed the dogs, do homework, go to hockey, come home do more homework, groom and play with the dogs, any other chores, about a half hour of tv then off to bed. lol

Alysser
01-22-2006, 09:40 PM
I like basketball. But I don't play on a team. Currently, I do biking,pro golf,and kayaking. Golf, people ALWAYS make fun of me for that sport. Supposedly, it's for old men. I can't get enough of golf. It's the best sport I've ever played. I'm really good for my age. I did horse back riding for 2 years and I really miss it.

dab_20
01-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Well, some young people like golf, too. People shoulden't make fun of you for that. Your in pro golf?? Must mean your pretty good. :)

Horse back riding is great. I used to have a black arabian that I would trail ride with. I am getting a horse in the spring though so then I can start riding again. I am not confident on a horse, I get nervous, but yet I love it. I think lessons will help me get over being nervous.

Alysser
01-22-2006, 09:50 PM
No, I play pro golf. Im not on a team though! My dad said Im not THAT good yet. But, whatever. Our highschool has a team. I'll try that in two years. :p

Shelteez2
01-22-2006, 09:51 PM
In highschool I was on the football team.

The last couple years I've played on an indoor soccer team, which was lots of fun.

I'd like to take up hockey but I need to learn to skate better (and stop!) first... I'm going to take this learn to skate course that the city parks and rec centres offer and then I'm going to look for a women's rec team to join. :)

I'd also like to find a flag football team to join in the summer.

Alysser
01-22-2006, 09:53 PM
I never had a horse. But I rode them. They were owned by the farm. We were assigned a horse every year. I was assigned, Jasmine. A beautiful girl! Dunno, what kind. But she was very tall and elegant. But a flaw, she was blind in one eye and that sometimes was really bad. She was really nervous and shy to. But one of the sweetest horses ever.

Cincy'sMom
01-22-2006, 10:16 PM
In school, I played softball, soccer, volleyball, basketball, was on the track team, and took stats for the wrestling team. Now, I play soccer (indoor and out), softball and volleyball.

To watch, I prefer NFL football, college basketball and of course, NASCAR!

sandragonfly
01-23-2006, 01:01 AM
I love all of them! right now I'm playing none...injuries & illnesses driving me nuts! :(

younger, I played football, water polo and rubgy for fun (non-team). I twisted my right knee thirteen times, some were from sports. (two times in basketball, one at soccerfield, two while running back to 3rd base, one in volleyball game).. so ended up being a swimmer! (only the off-floor sport without having to sprain my poor knee again).. I was in olypmic swimming training in 2000 - 2002 until I broke my right rotator cuff and tore 3/4 ligament of my scapula, (backbone support). :(

sooo sad & depressing but at least there's TV sports I can watch! pro golfing, college women volleyball, men football/basketball - I love football especially if my guy-friends are there to root with and swimming of course. I can't wait for a pay off, an incoming olypmics! :)

dab_20
01-23-2006, 09:58 AM
That's too bad you were injured so much. :( The closest I've ever been to injured in a sport is a couple months ago in a hockey game, I forgot to put on my neckguard and someone hit my with the end of their stick right in the throat. Ouch!! That hurt, and I coulden't breath what seemed like forever.

I went to watch the USA vs Canada Olympic Womens Hockey game with my hockey team. That was really fun... even though the US lost.

joanofark
01-23-2006, 11:19 AM
I think I'm the first one to say, I DO KARATE!! Yep! I've been in it for 7 years and I'm a black belt!! It's the best!!:D I also play some softball and I horseback ride for fun. I hate football.....:o

dab_20
01-23-2006, 11:53 AM
wow a black belt. i bet you can kick some butt!

i also hate football ;)

Miss Z
01-23-2006, 02:15 PM
I am v v v v v sporty!!!!!! I play netball for the school team, and i go horse-riding of course, but i also play tennis, badminton, football (soccer), cricket, rounders, softball, croquet, golf, table tennis, darts, basketball and a little rugby!. I also swim well and i can do trampolining and aerobics, although the latter is tough on the legs!!!:rolleyes: :D

G.P.girl
01-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Yeah i totally love sports! 've don a alot i used to ride horses, i'm hoping to start up again sometimes, probably wont have time until college or after college though :( and i was the only girl on a boys football team in middle school. and i'm on the varsity track team at our school. i really love track i do sprinting and high jumping. But i really love high jumping, like, i like sprinting ok. i usually do the 200m but i only to it because i'm pretty good at it and they need people for the relay teams, but high jumping is my passion, its so mcuh fun, its wierd, i never get tired of practicing. and its just super fun. also, i'm supposed to be joining a cheeer squad next school year an di want to start dancing too.

Miss Z
01-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Oh, i forgot that i can also do shotput (surprisingly, given my 'weak' build:eek:;) ) and i can run a little, and also long jump:)

xsyd
03-05-2007, 04:03 PM
I play basketball, flag-football, soccer, and more..I play on a travelling team for basketball.

GreyhoundGirl
03-05-2007, 04:39 PM
I do 22 hours of ballet a week. Sinse I was two! :eek: I do swim competitions. I'm also, of course in agility, which I couldn't live without. I run 5-10 kilometers a day. :D With Jenny of ocurse.

I know those might not all qualify as sports, but they're active activities. :p

BCollie_Kelly
03-05-2007, 06:02 PM
I've been playing soccer since I was 4, (17 now.) Our high school pre-season just started today and its h*ll.I've played on the varsity team since I was a freshman, but my high school team isn't the only team I play on. I'm usually on at least 2 teams at a time, the other of which is my premier team. This past fall I was in Philly every weekend for game. I've been running for the past 2 weeks straight and after getting home today all I wanted to do was just lay down and go to sleep.
(but with 2 border collies, thats just not going to happen ;) ... so we played a bit of frisbee and then went on a nice 2 mile walk. Not as much as their used to, but its all I can afford to do considering I've got practice everyday and I'd like to make it through the season. By 6:30, it starts getting dark and colder here, and it was extremely windy. Once it starts getting warmer we'll go for longer walks again. Bring on the Sun! :D