PDA

View Full Version : Prayers please

momcat
01-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Dear PT friends,
Tonight I'm asking for your prayers for my Mom. Over the past several years she has had 2 major strokes,2 surgeries to remove 3 brain tumors, ovarian cancer, kidney failure and has a fourth brain tumor. For the past few years Mom has been in a nursing home and has been doing very well. She was admitted to the hospital late Friday complaining of a headache and overall not feeling well. Mom looks and feels terrible, her blood sugar is rather high, she's not eating but what scares me is her right arm is paralyzed. Mom is 84. Right now there are more questions than answers and I'm waiting to hear from her doctor. Sorry to ramble but I'm really scared and don't know what to think or do, LES is virtually non stop and there's that overwhelming sense of fear when the phone rings. Soncat and I thank all of you very much for the chance to let off some of the tension. Bless all of you!

jenluckenbach
01-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Many prayers for Mom.....and {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} For you.

Laura's Babies
01-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Bless your heart! Of coarse the prayers are being sent for your Mother. I fully understand, we only get ONE Mom and how desperate you are for as many and as fast as you can get!!! (((((HUGS)))))) and prayers sent!!!

kimlovescats
01-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Many prayers and (((((((((HUGS)))))))) for your mom and you!
May God be with you all!

Kim

catlover4ever
01-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Lots of prayers on their way to you, your mom, and your family. (((hugs))) Meg

moosmom
01-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Momcat,

I will say prayers for your Mom and light a candle after I get out of work tomorrow. Be strong. I know it's difficult at times like these. Huge ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) to you!

krazyaboutkatz
01-22-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your mom's way. Please take care. ((((HUGS)))

slick
01-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Momcat:
I know what it's like to have an aging parent. My mom is 81 and I worry about her all the time. So far she is healthy and still living in the house I grew up in, but God knows, that could change in a blink of an eye. I watched my Dad (RIP) go downhill fast to I know what you are going through.

Your Mom sounds like she's been through the wringer. Mega prayers and positive thoughts coming your way. PM me if you need to talk, OK??

{{{hugs}}}

catmandu
01-22-2006, 06:01 PM
As An Orphan,and a Fellow who misses his Parents more than he can say,I wish your Dear Mother all the Best,and send Prayers that her Doctors can help ease her pain,and let her live as normal a life as possible.

Catty1
01-22-2006, 07:12 PM
I cherish each day I have with my vibrant and healthy mom, and dread facing the day that it looks like she will leave me.

My heart feels for you - wishing you and your mom peace and healing.

HUGS
Catty1

Felix
01-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Thoughts and prayers on the way for you,your mom,and yoiur family.

Felix
01-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Thoughts and prayers on the way for you,your mom,and your family.

catnapper
01-22-2006, 09:01 PM
I am so sorry to hear all of this. Pleanty of (((hugs))) and prayers coming to you and mom.

AbbyMom
01-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Prayers for you and your mom on the way.

Poo
01-23-2006, 04:26 AM
Prayers and (((hugs))) on their way.

Nicki x

orangemm
01-23-2006, 04:41 AM
Lots of hugs and prayers going up for your mom and you. It's difficult, once they reach a certain age (my mom is 83) and I know anything can happen anytime.

We'll all be here for you on PT; let us know how she is doing and if we can bolster you up, too.

(((hugs)))

kb2yjx
01-23-2006, 11:06 AM
I went thru a rough time with my dad last year when he was dx with lung cancer(smoked for 57 yrs). He spent his last few months of life at a hospice when he got excellent care until the end last June. He was 81. The support of others and their prayers are the best thing in times like this. We are all out here for you and the prayers are coming...

Donnaj4962
01-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh my momcat... I am so sorry to hear about your Mother. I know you are scared, sad, and so many other emotions. I am sending lots of prayers and warm thoughts to you and your Mom.

furrykidsmother
01-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Prayers and good thoughts on their way!

momcat
01-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Dear PT friends,
I can't begin to thank each of you enough for your prayers, support, and positive wishes for Mom. I talked to her doctor yesterday. An incision from a previous brain surgery is badly infected so a minor procedure was done to clean the site and do a skin graft that hopefully will promote healing.Her doctor has her on IV and topical antibiotics. Doctor said the infection is between the scalp and skull so it hasn't invaded her brain. As for her arm, doctor said there's no indication that she had another stroke but that hasn't been ruled out. A neurologist and neurosurgeon have been called in to do a complete neurological workup and Mom's doctor has ordered a CAT scan. I plan to go up there to see her tomorrow and with good luck and timing be there when her doctor comes in. I'm praying for some kind of definitive answer within a day or two just so we know what we're dealing with. Not knowing and waiting for answers is the hardest part right now. It's easier to deal with this knowing that all of you are on our side. I'll be giving Mom all your prayers, hugs, and positive thoughts when I see her. Bless EACH of you!

icedtea
01-24-2006, 08:26 PM
hugs to your mom!

kb2yjx
01-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Will keep the prayers coming and please keep us posted!!

momcat
01-28-2006, 02:09 PM
Dear PT friends,
Just want to let all of you know how much your prayers, encouragement, and support means to Mom. According to her doctor, Mom did have a mild stroke which resulted in her being paralyzed on her right side. Doctor said the CAT scan looks good and physical & occupational therapy have been started. Mom will have one more plastic surgery on her head but it hasn't been scheduled yet. Doctor said depending on how things go with the surgery and antibiotics, Mom may be released from the hospital later this week. Our love and thanks to all of you!

Momcat and Soncat

Kirsten
01-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Your mom has been through so much, and she must be such a strong woman to fight all these diseases she had to deal with.

I'm sorry that I didn't read about this earlier, but sure I will keep your mom in my thoughts...

Sending best wishes and hugs to her,

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
01-28-2006, 02:16 PM
That is GREAT news! Glad she is looking at coming home soon!

mollysmum
01-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Iam praying for your mum hope everything will be ok

Killearn Kitties
01-30-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm so sorry I didn't see this about your mum earlier. What a time she has had - and you along with her, I'm sure. All fingers and paws crossed that her condition continues to improve.