PDA

View Full Version : Shelters in WI

barncat
01-22-2006, 04:20 PM
I am looking for no-kill shelters in Wisconsin.... especially if anyone knows of any really good ones.

I am hoping I will not have to use the information, but things in my life are getting rather difficult and I want to develop a plan so my cat friends have a safe place to be if things go absolutely bad.

Thanks for the time and information.

Laura's Babies
01-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Have you searched online? Got to Petfinder.com, put in your area code and look at the top of the page and see "Shelters and Rescue Groups"... Lets you fingers do the walking and start calling them... Good Luck with whatever you got going on and may you be able to keep all your babies with you...

sasha the cat
01-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi, I did a Google search on No-Kill Shelters, State of Wisconsin. Click onto this link http://tinyurl.com/8ay2m and the Google search will open. I hope you won't need the services of a shelter. Please keep us at PT posted.

catmandu
01-22-2006, 06:59 PM
We hope that you can find the information that you need,but pray that you will never have to use it.

Catty1
01-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Perhaps you will be able to find a foster home for them, so that you can take them with you again when things settle down.

I hope YOU will be ok! Please keep us posted.

hugs
Catty1

heidiv
01-23-2006, 09:00 PM
I live in Northwestern Wisconsin where are you located?? How many kitties do you have? I can get some info for you. Take care of yourself and your babies!!

barncat
01-23-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks everyone for the info. I live in Ozaukee County...which is southeastern WI. I have 10 cats...all were rescues already at least once in their lives. I am really working to try to keep us all together but the facility at which I teach is talking layoffs and I am over extended already. The last two years have had a number of disasters in them. I may not be able to keep my house, and as you all know, no house means limited ability to keep pets.

The dogs I could probably place...at least the keeshund... and the cockatoo I'm pretty sure one of the techs at my vet would take. The bunny and the 'keets could come wherever I do and hopefully at least the three cats with behavior issues.

Hopefully this will not happen, but the "guys" are the main part of my world and I don't want them ever hurt because I can't keep the commitment I've made to them.

I've had cats in my life since I was 2 and never, ever broke a promise to be there for them for their whole life. I am not sure how we are going to weather this.

Again,, thanks for the information and the support.

Laura's Babies
01-23-2006, 11:30 PM
barncat, surely God will smile on you for taking care of so many of his creatures that He entrusted to your care. I will send some prayers up that I hope will help with a solution for you and all your babies...

Catty1
01-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Okay, here's a crazy idea...

Do you live alone with these animals?(alone as in no other humans! :D )

Might you be able to find someone to share the expense of the house, a roomate? Someone who is an animal lover?

Your vet and/or local pet stores might know.

Just a thought...

Catty1