PDA

View Full Version : I got accepted to...

buckner
01-21-2006, 09:15 PM
TRANSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY!!!!!

With all of the recent incidents going on, I haven't been in a mood to post about much. But, in honor of my grandmother (some of you may remember my recent post :() I wll continue on strong and devoted, as I once was. My absolute dream is to go to Transylvania and get my degree, and then go to Seminary and become an ordained minister - THEN, I will be a youth minister!!! :) I cannot tell you how proud Mamoo was of me, and she was REALLY proud that I had a strong relationship with God and my faith was as strong as ever. She was proud that she had a granddaughter that was attending college, and had it all planned out. She was so proud. And while she *knew* it in her heart that I was accepted to Transy, I didn't have it on paper yet. Mamoo died January 12, and I was to hear from the school anytime after the 15th of January. Oh jeez, I wish she was here so I could call her and give her the good news... but she already knew I was accepted. And she's looking down on me right now, smiling and as proud as ever.

Transy was the only school I applied to (stupid me.. what if I didn't get accepted? I had no other options) and I was determined to get accepted. Well, I did, and I'm sending in my "acception of admission" paper Monday! :D I'm dead set on where I'm going and what I want to do with my life. I'm totally stoked.

And because of the recent loss in my life, I've been left with an empty hole in my heart. Getting accepted to Transy has eased the pain of that hole because I know this is something Mamoo wanted SO badly for me, and I know when I opened my letter and started jumping up and down, she was up in heaven saying "I told you Sara Louise, I told you that you were accepted" and then went to tell Dandy (my grandfather up in heaven with her) the great news.

Okay, enough of my babbling. The only point of this post is... I WAS ACCEPTED TO TRANSYLVANIA!!!! :D

.sarah
01-21-2006, 09:19 PM
That's awesome! Lucky you for getting into your first (and only) choice school! I'm sure your Mamoo is very proud of you!

Ginger's Mom
01-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Congratulations Sara!!! :D I am so happy for you, and I am sure you will do well there. And yes, Mamoo is definitely smiling down proudly right now.

k9krazee
01-21-2006, 09:25 PM
congratulations!!! :D :D

sandragonfly
01-21-2006, 09:27 PM
oh aww, that's sweet -

CONGRATULATIONS SARA LOUISE!! :D :D :D

quoted by buckner
she already knew I was accepted. And she's looking down on me right now, smiling and as proud as ever.

oh I bet so, I couldn't say it any better than you! (((hugs))) so happy for you. :)

Toby's my baby
01-21-2006, 09:30 PM
That is AWSOME!! Congrats and hats off to you!!

Laura's Babies
01-21-2006, 09:44 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Anita Cholaine
01-22-2006, 12:12 AM
That's awesome!! I'm so happy for you! :D Mammo must be so proud of you, I'm sure or it... (((hugs)))

ChrisH
01-22-2006, 06:24 AM
That's fabulous! :D Congratulations, Sara!! :D

smokey the elder
01-22-2006, 07:45 AM
Umm, really stupid question. Transylvania, as in Rumania, or is there one in the US? Anyway, congrats on getting your first choice! I also got my first choice back in the day and I was walking on air for weeks!

Daisy and Delilah
01-22-2006, 08:23 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You deserved this piece of happiness to come into your life right now. What perfect timing but it breaks my heart that Mamoo is not here to share it with you at the exact moment you found out. Don't fret though sweetie........Mamoo is having a party for you right now! Keep us posted on your progress and best of luck in all that you do. :)

Cincy'sMom
01-22-2006, 08:27 AM
Congratulations!

If I remember right, Translyvania U is in Lexington, KY?

Karen
01-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Congratulations! :)

zippy-kat
01-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Congrats, congrats, congrats!

As D&D stated, I'm so sorry that Mamoo isn't here to share this joyous milestone with you. I'm sure she must be just the proudest person that side of Heaven, though.

Congrats, again! I am truly, truly happy for you. :)

lizbud
01-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Congratulations and best of luck at school. :)

Karen
01-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Here's the URL for where she'll be!

http://www.transy.edu/

Looks like a nice place. In what denomination are you aiming to be ordained? Just curious!

buckner
01-22-2006, 07:11 PM
Here's the URL for where she'll be!

http://www.transy.edu/

Looks like a nice place. In what denomination are you aiming to be ordained? Just curious!Thank you, Karen, for posting the link! I haven't been able to check this thread to see what replies there were, I'm glad you're taking care of it for me! :)

I'm planning to be ordained as a Disciple of Christ minister -- it's my current denomination, and also the denomination of Transylvania! :D

Cincy'sMom - Yes, Transylvania is in Lexington, KY. It's a WONDERFUL school, with a terrific campus and I'm totally stoked about it. And it's still in Kentucky so I can get my KEES money, but yet, it's not right in town. It's perfect, and I'm so in love with it. :P

CagneyDog
01-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Congratulations!!!
How exciting!

Uabassoon
01-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Congrats!

Almita
01-22-2006, 07:28 PM
Congratulations!

christa
01-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Congrats! My husband has a cousin that is going there. I'm not sure what he's studying. It is a very prestigious school and he seems to like it. Good luck!

cyber-sibes
01-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Congratulations!