PDA

View Full Version : Is there a thread on Skating with the Stars ?

tomkatzid
01-21-2006, 07:49 PM
I searched but couldn't find one. Please direct me to it if there is one.
Did any of you watch it?
Katz

Laura's Babies
01-21-2006, 09:47 PM
I meant to but missed it.. I reckon THIS is the thread for Skating with the starts now? I see it comes on Monday so I am going to try to catch it.

RobiLee
01-21-2006, 10:07 PM
I watched it. I also watch Dancing With The Stars and I thought the skating one was a bit boring compared to that one. What did you think? I've always liked watching ice skating competitions so I thought for sure that I would like this. I'll probably keep on watching it to see who wins though. I have to say that I am impressed that the people could pull it off though.

Craftlady
01-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Bruce Jenner needs to stop being on all these reality shows. Also, that face lift of his is so bad. It looks so unnatural.
Compare this to Dancing w/Stars it's like night and day. The professionals in skating are doing all the work and hard moves. The "star" just skates around in circles. I perfer watching the dancing with stars. They are working their behinds off (professional and star).

tomkatzid
01-22-2006, 01:52 AM
Well I like the skating better. To me it's harder to learn and more dangerous than dancing. I also like that it's on only one night and for 1 hr only.
Having said that, I like the dancing too. We tape it. We have to turn off the news magizines programs as to not hear who wins. It is a fun show.
In Seattle, skating is on Wednesday nights on FOX.
Katz

momoffuzzyfaces
01-22-2006, 11:28 AM
I liked it but since it's moving to Monday at the same time as 7th Heaven, I may not get to see all of it. 7th Heaven starts their last 11 shows this Monday before they go off the air for good. :(

I have years invested in THAT show. ;)

lisalee
01-22-2006, 04:17 PM
I watched Skating with the Stars and will probably continue watching it. I enjoyed it, although not as much as Dancing with the Stars. I truly believe ice skating is so much more difficult to learn, I would not even attempt it if I never was trained professionally. I give them A LOT of credit for trying! I so far like Jillian Barberie and her partner the best, she did really good. :)

tomkatzid
01-22-2006, 04:25 PM
For skating they said they had a month to learn and 1 wk to lean the dances. And I looked in our TV guide and skating is on Mondays in Seattle too. So they just switched night.