PDA

View Full Version : is that a dog house?? maybe.. ;)

aprilynn
01-21-2006, 06:41 PM
I've been having a problem trying to find a litter box big enough with my 13lb bengal boy that is too big to fit in most litter boxes -Instead - he's been peeing on my my bathroom rugs...Since he wasn't really fitting into the "jumbo" box from Petmate - I had to improvise.... I could have used one of those "underbed storage" boxes but I wanted something with a lid........well I was at Lowes today and found a clearanced dog house.. for $20..... I had to add a piece of plastic to the front so the cats don't get too much litter outside the box, I used industrial strength velco to attach the plastic piece, then added 40lbs of cat litter...... this is the result with Ellie checking it out:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/aprilynn81/giantlitter1.jpg

A big box - for my very sweet Bagheera boy..he's very happy and has not peed on the rugs since I got the new box...I found him curled up on my bed earlier, he just melts my heart...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/aprilynn81/sweetboy.jpg

catmandu
01-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Now thats a Great Idea,I will have to try that on the Found Cats.
And that makes a conversation piece to say the very least!!!

Laura's Babies
01-21-2006, 07:02 PM
AK!........... $20?............Home Depo?........... I just went in my shed today and dug up a empty plastic storage box to make a big box for Amy that she wouldn't fall out of... Cut the front off of a brand new litter box to put inside.. I needed something shallow with sides for the litter but with sides to hold her when she falls over.. What I came up with will "do" but that is so much BETTER!! I may just have to go check out Home Depo tomorrow... I had no idea they had pet stuff!

(I had a puppy litter box and put that in a kennel but forgot to bring it home when I go off and brought them home... so now she has something here and for there)

aprilynn
01-21-2006, 07:07 PM
It's not from home depot - it's from Lowes Home Improvement..... it was in the outside portion - near the fencing and stuff... in the garden center.... I asked for help when I went.

Laura's Babies
01-21-2006, 07:34 PM
We got a Lowes too.. Just takes longet to get to it.... Was JUST there yesterday! :(

smokey the elder
01-22-2006, 07:40 AM
Thanks for figuring out a solution, rather than giving up like so many people do when cats pee inappropriately. They're always trying to tell you something, because it is so against their wiring not to cover their business.

orangemm
01-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Great find! And, the entrance is nice and big so no one will have to 'squeeze' through. What a considerate purrent you are! :)

kimlovescats
01-22-2006, 11:28 AM
What a great idea! Glad to hear it is working for you too! ;)

Felix
01-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Neat idea.Glad to see kitty approves :D