PDA

View Full Version : I've caught on to the betta craze...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
01-21-2006, 05:22 PM
It's addicting, what can I say? I got another betta, a blue male. He's pretty tiny and won't eat. :( I don't know what to do with him, I've tried two different foods and he hasn't eaten either. I don't know how he has lasted for 3 weeks, because I haven't seen him eat at all. :( His name is Blaze, btw. No pics as of right now.

binka_nugget
01-21-2006, 06:04 PM
What kind of foods have you tried? Try giving him frozen bloodworms if you haven't already tried (Hikari's a very good brand for frozen bloodworms!) I've never come across a betta that didn't inhale bloodworms! LOL.

koxka
01-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Yep! Mine likes frozen bloodworms a lot. :)

LuvGold00
01-26-2006, 01:10 AM
The first time I got a few of mine, they didn't eat for a few days to a week. Try something SUPER yummy... LIVE BLOODWORMS! ;)

Jessika
01-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Wow that's EXACTLY what I was going to suggest -- bloodworms! hehe. I know they sell them in the freezer in the aquatic section at PetCo

sandragonfly
01-26-2006, 05:53 PM
if nothing else, I would try a thawed no-salt pea and see. it might help!

have you changed water, about 25% once or 2x weekly? and are you putting any aquarium salt in regularly too? betta's tanks get bacterized easily because if you feed him pellets and aqua-salt helps keep water cleaner.

it has been quite a while since you posted this, how is he doing lately?