PDA

View Full Version : Sad news...:(

Buddy Blaze Lover
01-21-2006, 01:44 PM
I have some bad news for you all...:(

Domino (my guinea pig) has not been doing very good lately, and is getting up there in age as well. (he'll be 4 this year) Lately he has not been himself...he's lost a lot of weight, (even though I've been feeding him the usual) had diarrhea (not sure what from), has had crusty eyes, and just is not himself.:( I've cleaned out his cage multiple times, given him a bath, and given him many nutrients, but nothing is working (and if he is sick with some kind of disease, it's more than one)...I'm afraid this time he might be getting ready to move on (he's been through so much)...my parents won't hear of taking him to the vet (I'm not sure what the vets could do) so I just don't know what to do. This has been hard, but I know Domino has lived a long, happy life; much longer than any other guinea pig we've ever had. So please say a few extra prayers, and if this is the end, I just want to make Dom as comfortable as possible and give him lots of love. Thank you!:(

-Katie:(

http://www.mypetpages.net/artists/2042/0/52f3c92d802101d6a51fd5b686d5173f.JPG

luvofallhorses
01-21-2006, 02:26 PM
I am so sorry, sweetie. :( (((((hugs))))) You know how to reach me if you need anything at all. My heart goes out to you. Domino and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

chrissycat21
01-21-2006, 04:14 PM
I'm so sorry Katie! I know how much you love Domino! :(

Is he having any trouble walking or with his back legs? Or been put through any stressfull situations? Raspy breathing?

If he stops eating and you need to hand feed him, you can mix either vegetable baby food (with no potatoes) or mashed bananas with some Vitamin C powder. If you have a syringe without the needle that works best for feeding them.

Prayers for Domino from over here, and lots of wheeks from Taffy.

Edit: I made this for you (and Domino). I was just playing around with photoshop. =]

tatsxxx11
01-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Oh Katie:( I'm heartbroken to hear that Dom is not doing well:( Of course you and Dom will both be in my thoughts and prayers and I for one am hoping fior a miracle. Do try Chrissy's suggestions if you're able, Katie. Sending oiur love and wheeks to you precious Dom. Please, please get well soon, sweetheart; we love you.

Sandra and Beamer

k9krazee
01-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Oh no :( We'll keep little Dom in our thoughts!

Queen of Poop
01-21-2006, 06:18 PM
I will pray to my most recent fur angel Miko to keep an eye on Dom.

chocolatepuppy
01-21-2006, 08:05 PM
Oh Katie, I'm sorry to hear Domino isn't well. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. {hugs}

Suki Wingy
01-21-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm sorry, I'm keeping him in my thoughts. I hope he's comfortable and happy, no matter what happens...

Miss Z
01-22-2006, 03:33 AM
I'm so sorry:( he is such a sweetie, i sincerely hope that he stays with you for as long as possible and is comfortabl and not in pain.I hate to say this, but if you think at any time that he's in pain, he really has to go to the vet. The chances are that they will put him to sleep, but there may be something that they can do. Otherwise, it is better for him to pass on peacefully and in a dignified manner rather than suffering. It's so hard, and i feel for you. But i really hope that it doesn't come to that. Keep going little Domino.

Alysser
01-22-2006, 09:23 AM
I'm so sorry! My heart goes out to you.

petslover
01-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Oh no,I have to say that Domino has always been one of my favorite guniea pigs to see. Please get well Domino. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers.

CagneyDog
01-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Oh no :( Hang in there Domino.

{{hugs}}}

joanofark
01-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Prayers on the way... I know it's always hard to let go of an animal... I've been there. Treasure every moment you do have with him, and I guess that is all you can do now........:( :(:(♥♥♥♥

-Sarah

Roxyluvsme13
01-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Aww Katie, I'm so sorry. I will keep Domino in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))

tatsxxx11
01-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Katie, dear Dom, just wanted you to know we are thinking of you two and keeping you in our prayers. We are hoping for a miracle, little Dom:( Beamer sends extra wheeks and purrrs to her bestest buddy, Dom. We love you guys...Please check in when you can, Katie.

{{{HUGS}}}
Love, Sandra and Moonbeam and Rosie

chrissycat21
01-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Please let us know how he is doing as soon as you can! Fingers, paws, and wings are all still crossed for Dom over here.

luvofallhorses
01-22-2006, 08:06 PM
He is still in my thoughts and prayers and he's one of my favorite piggies here, too. ((hugs)) Please let us know how he's doing when you can.

lv4dogs
01-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Doms in my prayers, as you are too. hugs

tatsxxx11
01-23-2006, 06:35 PM
How are you doing, Dom?:confused: Thiinking of you and sending lots of love and prayers your way, sweet little boy. Beamer sends bunches of wheeks and purrrs to his bestest buddy. Check back when you're able, Katie.
{{{HUGS}}}

We love Dom...
Sandra, Moonbeam and Rosie

sandragonfly
01-24-2006, 10:20 AM
katie, why you can't bring him to vet, think there's nothing vet can do? :confused:

I sure hope he's not in pain, and haven't gotten any worse - (which we hope to hear from you soon!) - and your dear dom-boy will be in my thoughts. I'm sorry. :(

Buddy Blaze Lover
01-24-2006, 02:56 PM
Hi everyone...sorry it's taken me so long to reply, I was gone Sunday and Monday.

Domino is pretty much the same...I feel so bad for him!:( Thanks for the ideas and advice Chrissy, I'll try it, and thanks for the sig! Gina, my parents don't think it's wise to take a guinea pig to the vet...I mean, it costs more to care for a guinea pig than a dog, really!:( Dom's just in such a bad condition, and it's been hard watching him go down...but I knew it would happen soon.:(

Thanks again everyone for your prayers...I am especially sorry Sandra and Beamer, I know Dom loves you both dearly as I do!:( Hugs to all of you!

luvofallhorses
01-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Aw, Katie..:( I am so sorry, prayers that he starts to improve soon.
{{{hugs}}}

chrissycat21
01-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Maybe if you can't take him to the vet, try calling a vet that specializes in small animals. http://guinealynx.info/ is a great site if you want to look for anything else you can do to help Domino.

Prayers that he will get better.

sandragonfly
01-25-2006, 01:32 AM
yeah I can understand that. I remember there was a conversation where I used to work at (an vet office), there was a rat that costed more than two golden doggies! :eek: :o gosh.

I pray and will pray harder the link/advice above provided can help you! I'm so sorry.. you have had him for so long! (((katie)))

crazy_caique
01-25-2006, 04:04 PM
my prayers are with you and dom

jesse_3
01-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Oh no! I am so sorry:( You and Dom will be in my thoughts and prayers. I really hope that Dom will get better soon though...(((((HUGS)))))

Steph and Splinter

tatsxxx11
01-27-2006, 07:22 PM
Still praying that our dear bud Domino will pull through:( That is a great site that Chirssy posted the link for, Katie. Lots of VERY knowledgable, experienced piggie people with great health advice to give and support, too! If your mommy's love alone could cure you dear Dom, you'd be all better by now...Beamer and Rosie and I all, have our paws and fingers crossed for you, sweet baby boy. Please have your Mom give you some soft little pats and kisses for us We love you, precious Dom. Check in tomorrow, please.
Love,
Sandra, Beamer ( your bestest pal) and Roise

chrissycat21
01-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Sandra, Katie posted and updated thread here:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=97874

(And its good news, too!)

tatsxxx11
01-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Thanks Chrissy:D Katie PM'd me about the happy update! Thank you. That was so kind of you...:)