PDA

View Full Version : Food quirks

Gin
01-21-2006, 12:45 PM
What are some of the strange things your cats like to eat? My Sasquatch is crazy about blue corn chips and green olives (including the pimento). And Striker loves corn on the cob.

Randi
01-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Fister too loves green olives, but mostly the anchovies stuffing in the middle. ;) He also loves boiled corn.

Laura's Babies
01-21-2006, 01:07 PM
I can not open a can of peaches or pears that Chester isn't in my face wanting some. He prefers the ones in heavy syrup over the ones in the light. For the most part, none of mine are interested in people food.

kuhio98
01-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Kuhio loved canned mushrooms and jalapeno peppers! She also loved to lick the cheese dust off of Cheetos. She's spear the Cheeto with her nail, hold it up in the air and lick it clean then leave the soggy chip behind for someone else to deal with. :D Halo, Cammie and Pepper don't seem to like people food at all.

Sonia59
01-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Peppito loves olives too. I think it is not very rare that cats like olives. He also loves avocado and melon (the kind of melon that is orange inside, I don't know the english name) and salad, preferably the very tender leaves. His favorites salads are lettuce and corn salad! ;)

Jessika
01-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Nicole loves eating our pizza crust! :D

Russian Blue
01-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Nakita actually does not like any human foods! :eek: I think she is the first cat that I have had that doesn't want something I eat. Also, she doesn't like any fish as well. :eek: I have a strange cat. ;)

She only eats her treats and cat food.

orangemm
01-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Archy seems to have a 6th sense when it comes to ham. When we take out sliced ham for a sandwich, he is right there, crying like a madman. He wants it, but doesn't do much else than smell it and maybe lick it. :confused:

Catty1
01-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Jalapenos? WOW! Kuhio was one hot cat!

Both Cole and Oscar like boiled corn(I just give them a bit), and plain non-fat(or any fat!) yogurt. And cheese!

Cole likes pumpkin, Oscar could care less. Oscar loves peanuts(I just give him 1/2 nut per day, unsalted kind, Okay, maybe TWO halves on occasion! :D ), and Cole doesn't.

At the kennel where I work, we get a great apple-headed bluepoint named Bear who munches fresh cantaloupe for breakfast(also called musk melon), and cut up RED PEPPER in the evening! But he has his dish of crunchies too.

Interesting what cats like!

catmandu
01-21-2006, 06:09 PM
They will lick the Kraft Three Cheese salad dressing,eat Potato Chips,and Scrappy2,Miquelito and Pouncierge delight in dragging the meat out of my sandwhiches!
Scrappy2s a bad influence on those Young Kittens.
And they love Ice Cream,and if you leave a mug of Milk out,its theirs.

Lizzie
01-21-2006, 08:10 PM
I was about to post what my cats love to eat - sun-dried tomatoes, pasta, cashew nuts, oatmeal, corn, and avocadoes, when I decided to check on which human foods are harmful to cats. I already knew about onions, dairy products, chocolate, but I was horrified to see avocadoes listed on PetPlace.com From now on, NewCat won't be allowed to lick my plate after I've eaten that fruit.

aprilynn
01-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Bagheera loves spaghetti sauce, pepperoni, cheddar cheese, and carrots
Macy loves popcorn, and oatmeal....
and Ellie likes vanilla pudding and water from the drain in the bathtub

Don Juan's mom
01-22-2006, 12:07 AM
My grandmother's very ladylike grey cat C.B. (for Clara Bow) enjoyed licking the juice out of cantaloupe rinds.

Liz

smokey the elder
01-22-2006, 07:41 AM
Pink Nose keeps trying to eat onion dip :eek: which he mustn't since it has the dreaded onions in it.

Catty1
01-22-2006, 09:47 AM
Corn is SO fibrous that I give each kitty TWO KERNELS total. And I might have corn once a week.

The box will tell! :D