PDA

View Full Version : Blog anyone?

Laura's Babies
01-21-2006, 11:24 AM
What is this new word "BLOG"? To me is sounds like something you step in and have to scrape off your shoe before you go back inside... :D

kimboe
01-21-2006, 11:27 AM
I think what it means is someones opinion on the internet, or a diary, journal type thing on the internet as well.

poofy
01-21-2006, 11:35 AM
What is this new word "BLOG"? To me is sounds like something you step in and have to scrape off your shoe before you go back inside... :D

Its all about some one n their thoughts and their lives and theirs.they ..them.. :) ..
If you havent got a life you can get one like a soap opera and read theirs.. :confused: ummm..

momoffuzzyfaces
01-21-2006, 12:02 PM
I've been wondering the same thing Laura!!! :D

Jamieejo85
01-21-2006, 12:16 PM
blogging is like keeping an online journal....i blog on myspace..lol :D

binka_nugget
01-21-2006, 01:04 PM
"Web-log" --> Blog ;)

Clare1980
01-21-2006, 01:21 PM
It sounds like a toilet to me! Im off to the bog now :p

Corinna
01-21-2006, 01:25 PM
I don't think they are a good idea as your diary or journal is supposed to be private (in my day) too many people get hurt when you write in them and it's up for any one to see. (some people on her already know what I mean)

CagneyDog
01-21-2006, 01:26 PM
I don't think they are a good idea as your diary or journal is supposed to be private (in my day) too many people get hurt when you write in them and it's up for any one to see. (some people on her already know what I mean)

Well if that is an issue than you can make your entries private.

Laura's Babies
01-21-2006, 01:35 PM
I just think it could have been called something nicer sounding...

Jessika
01-21-2006, 01:52 PM

It's not like a private diary persay though. Blogs aren't JUST for writing about your personal lives or thoughts. They have some media blogs where scholars blog about current events. There are some political blogs where people share their thoughts on what they think about what's going on politically, etc.

Well if that is an issue than you can make your entries private.

True in essence, but anything on the internet is still viewable to SOMEBODY, private or not ;) If you want your thoughts 100% private then keep a journal under your pillow or something, you know?

I just think it could have been called something nicer sounding...

Well its just an abbreviation for the term "web-log" which has been shortened and in time become a term all its own! It wasn't some random word somebody thought of one day hehe :D

Vette
01-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Its like what Kimboe said..

but there are some people post their entire life,, feelings and thoughts on there. which is something ill never understand or do.

smokey the elder
01-22-2006, 07:49 AM
People need to be careful what they write in their 'blogs. (Properly, the word should be written like that, thanks Gramma G...) :p But they provide alternate viewpoints that can be valuable in a world of increasing levels of censorship. Better not go further or I'll be kicked out into the Doghouse! ;) :)