PDA

View Full Version : Mr Scratchy is an Angel Now

catmandu
01-21-2006, 09:36 AM
I havent seen the Big Fellow for over a week,and he was a fixture on the Porch,for a long time.
By the time I could pet him,he was already a mature Male,and would not have adapted well to an Indoor Life.
I found out through a neighbor,that some punk kids ran him down,as he was trying to get to safety on a drive way.
Thats a sad ending for a Good Cat.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture1209.jpg
My last Scratchy Photo.
He kept Scratchy 2 alive last year,and now I am guilty that I didnt take the Big Fellow in.
I hope that we are reunited,and Scratchy forgives me,One Fine Day.

kimlovescats
01-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Oh Gary, I'm so very sorry!!! Don't blame yourself, you were always there for Scratchy .... he is resting peacefully now, and those PUNKS will get way they deserve! :(

(hugs)
Kim

Catty1
01-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Oh, Gary - I am so sorry!

Try to not blame yourself - you have made that decision with other porch cats, and they were ok.

Any idea who the punks were? I would call the Humane on them, that's for sure. The laws might be pretty poor - but they are there.

HUGS to you, and I am sure Scratchy loves you for all you did for him.

Otherwise, he would have been a lonely Angel long ago.

Bless you!

Catty1

QueenScoopalot
01-21-2006, 09:50 AM
I'm so sorry that your handsome Scratchy was killed in such a horrible way Gary. :( :mad: Many years ago when I was driving up the hill to my house, I noticed a cat getting ready to cross the street from the right side to the left. I stopped so she could cross and I wouldn't hit her, and some punks came swerving around the left of my car and aimed straight at the cat trying to kill her! :mad: I at them with my car (a reaction of sheer anger) hoping to make them drive into a telephone pole! And took down their license plate # but then thought better of reporting them. They would probably have doubled their efforts to kill the next cat they saw. RIP sweet looking Scratchy boy. :(

Laura's Babies
01-21-2006, 10:21 AM
This is sad news Gary.. I know how you love them all, even the ones on the streets. Yes, you gave him a safe place to go for a good meal and by the looks of his last picture, you fed him well. Another Fur Angle to watch over you and your other street kitties. RIP sweet Scratchy, your passing did not go un-noticed and you will be missed.

Cataholic
01-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Gary, I am sorry to hear of Scratchy. He went horribly, but, he knew you loved him, that is clear. There is no need to forgive. You do what you do, and sometimes, that isn't enough. RIP, sweet kitty, RIP. Hugs to you, Gary.

kb2yjx
01-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Gary!! I am so sorry to read about Mr. Scratchy. He knew love and good meals because of your kindness. I am quite sure he has been out with the Traveling Angels, and Spunky, Spunkier, and the others have taken Mr. Scratchy under their wings and shown him the best buffets in town!!!

orangemm
01-21-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about this awful news. It breaks my heart to think about Mr. Scratchy and how he died. Just remember, he is at the RB, safe now.

People like that should be taken out and shot.

Killearn Kitties
01-21-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm so sorry, Gary. There is absolutely no more that you could have done for Mr Scratchy. You did everything you could for the big guy.

Rest in peace, Scratchy, we won't forget you.

sasha the cat
01-21-2006, 01:14 PM
RB does not have punk bad boys. They are not welcome there.

I swear, on the sacred memory of Scratchy, if ever the opportunity arises for me where I can cleanly get away with running down such punk scum , I will do it with great pleasure because I'd be avenging the death of not only Scratchy, but also of many, many animals both domestic and wild who are run down by uncaring people. My hope for darling Scratchy is that death was instant.

My view is: so-called humans who harm or kill children, the aged, the infirm or any animal [self-defense acceptable] are below the bar of "human" and deserve no mercy.

Mr. Scratchy I'm sure my darlings at RB welcomed you with open paws and wings.

"KatMa" mother of Norman and the late purrecious cats: Sasha; Princess; Tiggy; Paddy-Paws, Pussy, Buttons, Squeaker, Tigger, Minnie, Big Kitty, Skeezix; darling dogs: Bobby and Chucky, Scamp, Cuddles, and Tammy plus Bobby the Canary.

My condolences to you, Gary -- a true manly man, my kind of man -- one who cares for kitties. QueenScoopalot signs off with: ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed". Author Unknown ~*~ -- the author must have been inspired by a man like Gary. QueenScoopalot's reaction re sickos gunning for an animal crossing the street is very much like mine.

Sonia59
01-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Oh Gary, I am so sorry to hear this :( :( The other ones are right, there was nothing more you could do, and you are already doing a lot for many kitties. You are not responsible for the others' stupidity. These ones will never meet your marvellous angels when it will be their turn.

jenluckenbach
01-21-2006, 03:08 PM
This is tragic news. :( I am so sorry. :(
RIP Mr. Scratchy

chocolatepuppy
01-21-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm so sorry about Mr. Scratchy. :( It is not your fault. May he Rest in Peace.

luvofallhorses
01-21-2006, 03:17 PM
I am so sorry. :( Rest in peace, Mr. Scratchy. :( ((hugs))

catmandu
01-21-2006, 05:36 PM
There were a lot of people that thought that I was off my rocker for feeding a Starry Cat.
But he was hungry,and in need of not only food,but a kind word and a warm place to sleep.
I remember the time taht I brought home a Deli Chicken.and let him have his fill,and the nights he spent in the basememt when it was really Cold.
Scrappy 2 was looking for herFriend Today,as they were life long Porch Pals.
Now Scratchy is in Australia with the Pet Angel Army,and will be guest of Honor at the Next Partee Feb 14th.
Thank You So Much for the Kind Words,and Mr Scratchy Angel and I Thank You All Very Much.

G535
01-22-2006, 01:16 AM
I am so sorry, R.I.P. Mr. Scratchy. :(

I hope those senseless people get what they deserve in life.

krazyaboutkatz
01-22-2006, 01:24 AM
Gary, I'm sorry to hear about Scratchy's passing. :( RIP Mr. Scratchy. :(

Poo
01-22-2006, 02:47 AM
Gary so sorry to hear about dear Scratchy. (((hugs))) to you.
RIP Scratchy.

Nicki xx

TopCat3
01-22-2006, 04:33 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about this awful news. It breaks my heart to think about Mr. Scratchy and how he died. Just remember, he is at the RB, safe now.

People like that should be taken out and shot.

Amen to that.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Gary. I hope he didn't suffer. What is it with people they have to do this sort of thing? We had a terrible case in Sydney last year, caught on CCTV. It was on TV and all over the papers for days. Everyone was up in arms about it. The perpetrators were "punished" but not enough. Now the Government has passed laws making punishment for harming animals much harsher. Still not harsh enough to my mind. But mainly because they recognise that cruelty to animals in that age group is the precursor to much more violent behaviour to humans in later life. Still it's a start.

Kirsten
01-22-2006, 05:03 AM
I'm so very sorry, Gary!! :(

I will never understand why people act so cruel and have fun in torturing other creatures to death! :( :( :(

Please don't feel guilty, Gary! You did so much for him, probably more than anyone else in his life. Mr Scratchy has chosen the life of an outdoor, and you respected his wish... I'm so sorry that he has crossed the path of these morons!

R.I.P. Mr Scratchy!

Kirsten

catmandu
01-22-2006, 06:50 AM
My Friend Christine,Mom to Dogs Casey and Digby are having Lunch at An Indian Buffet and Scratchy will be there as Guest Of Honor.
He will get the first Butter Chicken,and Beef Curry.
And Then It will be off to the Blue Montain Area of Australia where his ruggedness will be of Great Advantage to the smaller Pet Angels.
RIP Big Scratchy,Scrappy2 and I will always keep you in Our Hearts.

smokey the elder
01-22-2006, 07:32 AM
I'm so sorry about Mr. Scratchy.

Smokey the Elder angel whispered that she found out that they can eat ANYTHING at the Rainbow Bridge, so have at!

catmandu
01-23-2006, 05:47 PM
We had lunch at a Japanese Buffet Today,and I swear that I could see Scratchy Angel going for the Chicken Teryaki,and The Salmon Sushi.
Once Again I thank you,for the kind Words on Scratchys behalf.

caseysmom
01-23-2006, 05:55 PM
Gary, I am so sorry about scratchy, thanks to you he did not suffer a hungry belly while he was here.

As far as the punks I better not say what I think about them right now.

moosmom
01-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Gary,

I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. Scratchy. You loved him and he knew that. As for those scumbag boys, I'd find out where they lived and pay them a visit. I hope they rot in hell for what they did to that poor cat.

RIP Mr. Scratchy. :(

karlyb
01-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Gary, I'm so sorry about Mr Scratchy. He was a big, beautiful boy, and you took good care of him. He looks very healthy in the picture and well-fed. Kirsten is right - Mr Scratchy chose to be an outdoor kitty and you honored his wish. You are a wonderful person doing everything you can for the kitties. Bless you.

There are no words to describe the animosity I feel toward scum who hurt helpless animals.

AbbyMom
01-23-2006, 08:58 PM
I am sorry, Gary. RIP Mr. Scratchy.