PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

Medusa
01-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Hi Friends,
It's been a while, I know. No excuses, just life. :) I've already got a busier than usual Saturday going but I took a moment to observe my fur posse and a feeling of gratitude came over me, esp. when I looked at my Yodie Yodie. She's lying on the chaise lounge in the enclosed patio, sprawled out and sound asleep, a smile on her face. She's a happ, contented cat. She's warm and chubby and energetic and she loves the sound of her own voice. Time was when she couldn't meow at all due to the ear polyp that had grown down into her throat. And she was so thin that you could see all her ribs and the bones in her sad little face. But Dr. Lee saved the day and Yodie Yodie's life and saved me a world of heartache. All my other cats are doing well. Puddy, too. She's still on subQ fluids every other day but she doesn't fight me any more. Once I catch her, that is. She seems to need more alone time so I set her up in my guest room, complete w/her own litter box and food/water dishes and when she feels like gracing the rest of us w/her presence, she descends from the upper chamber. ;) Coco Puff and Creamsicle are still bad to the bone, into everything, but I wouldn't have it any other way. (Usually.) Boo and Pigeon are still in love w/each other and Specs is the bad boy, always trying to start trouble. But his big, sad eyes get him out of it every time. My cats do know how to work Mom. It's a rainy, windy day, a good day for getting things done that I've been putting off. But I just felt that I had to share my feelings of gratitude that all is well in my little corner of Cat Heaven. I hope that you all can say the same.

Blessings,
Mary

kimlovescats
01-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Thank you for sharing with us! I know exactly the feelings you are having! ;) I'm so glad to hear that all of your clan are doing well!

Kim

kb2yjx
01-21-2006, 09:34 AM
HI MARY!!!!!! You must have known that a WHERE IS SHE was posted yesterday!!! It is good to hear from you again!! I am glad to hear that Puddy is doing better with the sub q's! Please do not stay away so long!!! You were missed!!! Sandra

Medusa
01-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Gee, no, I didn't know that. Where was it posted? My only excuse for staying away is work, cats, school studies, y'know, the stuff that we let bog us down sometimes. But I'll try to be better at checking in, not just when my kitties are sick. :)

Blessings,
Mary

Cataholic
01-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Good to hear from you, Great to hear things are holding steady.

catmandu
01-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Its good to hear from You Again,and we are so glad that your Little Cat is feeling so much better.
Thats a Good Feeling when a Cat,is off the beat,and you and The White Coats can set her right.
The Found Cats all send a Boomomng MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOO OOOOOWWW,as Do I ,thier Feeder.

TopCat3
01-22-2006, 04:46 AM
HI Medusa, I was getting worried about you! Good to hear from you again. Yes life took me over too somewhat at the end of last year, big legal case, good news this weekend, I won! (Hope it doesn't go to appeal) So I know what you mean. I'm glad Puddy is doing well, and I know what you mean about spending more time alone now, upstairs etc, Cleo does that too, and at night when Colette and I are upstairs, she spends time downstairs then finally launches herself up the stairs to join us on the bed.

Life seems to have settled down for you, that's good, you had a rough year last year, here's wishing you a wonderful, cat-healthy 2006.

The TopCats :)

Medusa
01-22-2006, 06:52 AM
Congrats on your legal victory! That had to be a harrowing time for you. My challenges were just the usual but they came in a barrage every day. It was a rough year but yet a good year, all things considered. This one is already shaping up to be better. Looks like that's true for both of us.

Thanx again for your reply and I wish you and yours the best of everything.

Blessings,
Mary

smokey the elder
01-22-2006, 07:26 AM
Welcome back! I have joined the world of chronic care. My second oldest cat Moby has diabetes, and she now has her private room which she actually loves; she gets room and maid service and doesn't have to share with anyone! I'm glad Puddy is learning to cooperate with her fluids.