PDA

View Full Version : Another update on Rocky, the sick rottie

Kirsten
01-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Rocky, my parents' 11 year-old rottie who has been diagnosed with an extremely enlarged spleen a couple of days before Christmas, is doing very well at the moment.

As I have posted, he was already feeling very bad at Christmas, and it looked like we were already going to lose him, but meanwhile he's doing much better! He has started eating again, and even gained some weight back, that's the good news. He's looking healthy and you wouldn't guess that he's gravely ill.

Of course we know it's only a question of time. His vet said he could still live half a year, but it could also happen that he's passing away within the next couple of weeks. The ups and downs in his health would be normal, but appearantly he's doing very well atm.

You can even see it in his face!
This is a picture of him today:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/rocky9.jpg

And this photo was taken on Christmas, when he felt very ill:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/rocky6.jpg

It's easy to see the difference, I think!

Kirsten

cyber-sibes
01-21-2006, 09:23 AM
So glad to hear he's doing so much better! That is a really nice pic of him. hugs to Rockey!!!

RobiLee
01-21-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm happy to hear that Rocky is having some good days right now. He is such a handsome boy and I love that first pic. Thanks for sharing him with us and I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Daisy and Delilah
01-21-2006, 09:32 AM
I can't get over how handsome he is!! Everytime I see him I want to give him hugs and kisses. So glad he's doing well :)
(((((HUGS AND KISSES ROCKY)))))

Corinna
01-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Glad to see an update , good to see Rocky looking and feeling better.

.sarah
01-21-2006, 11:36 AM
He looks really good! He doesn't look his age either, I would have guessed he was much younger!

golden lover
01-21-2006, 12:02 PM
-hugs- feel better Rocky! I will pray for ya! Hold on to the world! You can do it! -prays-

Karen
01-21-2006, 12:14 PM
A big, Rottie-sized hug to Rocky! We are sure they are treasuring these days when he's feeling better!

Ginger's Mom
01-21-2006, 12:56 PM
It really is nice to see Rocky feeling better. Please give him big hugs from us, too.

Alysser
01-21-2006, 05:01 PM
That's great! I love hearing about him.

cocker_luva
01-21-2006, 06:12 PM
get better friend! (thats a demand!) ;)

Kirsten
01-22-2006, 04:55 AM
Thank you all! :)

That's sweet of you to care so much for dear old Rocky, as I'm usually not posting in the dog forums... :o

He looks really good! He doesn't look his age either, I would have guessed he was much younger!

Sarah, many people say that! And it's true, he's not looking old! My parents think it's because they live in the forest, surrounded by beautiful nature and fresh air. Besides, Rocky never had much stress in his life. :)

Kirsten

lv4dogs
03-10-2006, 09:46 AM
How has Rocky been lately? I've been thinking about Rocky often and keeping my eyes open for an update. I hope all is well. hugs

caseysmom
03-10-2006, 09:48 AM
He definetely looks like he feels a lot better, I am happy for you and your family.

Kirsten
03-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Yes, he's still doing fine, much better than we all expected after we heard the diagnosis, and after he felt so ill at Christmas! :) Thanks for thinking about him! :)

He may soon get a little sister or brother, as my parents had actually planned to adopt a rottie pup, but now they are uncertain because of possible restrictions due to the bird flu. :(

Kirsten

Maya & Inka's mommy
03-10-2006, 09:59 AM
what a beautiful rottie! Is there no way at all to operate him? I'm so sorry to know that he is sick..... :(

Jadapit
03-10-2006, 10:27 AM
He does look like he's feeling a lot better. He's such a beautiful boy.

IRescue452
03-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Glad to hear he's still doing well. I hope they can get a pup without restrictions getting in the way. Sometimes it makes one feel better to know that the pup got to meet the older dog before the older one passed away. He/she will need the Rocky seal of approval.

*LabLoverKEB*
03-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Ooooh, poor mister Rocky. :( It's always nice to read up on that sweet ole' boy, Rocky. I am very glad to hear that he's doing well at the moment.... and I really hope that it stays that way Big hugs to you, handsome man! :)

Alysser
03-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Glad to hears he's doign so well! What a remarkable recovery!

luvofallhorses
03-10-2006, 09:35 PM
I'm so glad to hear he's doing better. :)

senorita02
03-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Oh i am sooo glad to hear that, i have thought of him, and im glad to hear his update, he is such a beautiful Rottie boy! :)

K9karen
03-11-2006, 12:01 AM
The difference is remarkable! He looks so alert and healthy. I hope he continues doing well. Miracles do happen. Love sure is the best medicine, isn't it?

anna_66
03-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Now how did I miss this thread the first time around? I have often wondered how he was doing and I'm more than happy to hear he's doing so well. At least they are all having some good times together as the time grows nearer. I do hope he continues to feel good:)

Kirsten
03-11-2006, 08:12 AM
Thank you everyone, for caring so much about Rocky! :)

He's still doing fine, even though my mother told me yesterday that he sometimes seems to "slip" now. Well, his hip bones and spine are not in the very best condition, even though he seems to cope very well.

Is there no way at all to operate him?

Well, their vet said he wouldn't like to do it on a dog of Rocky's age and condition, apparently there's a high risk.

Sometimes it makes one feel better to know that the pup got to meet the older dog before the older one passed away. He/she will need the Rocky seal of approval.

Well, that could be, yes. And Reinhold (mom's fiancé) thinks it's easier for the pup to grow up with another dog as a "role model". He made good experiences in the past, when Rocky was young.

Kirsten