PDA

View Full Version : Luna is going to have ultrasound on Monday!

Kirsten
01-21-2006, 08:54 AM
My vet has just called me and told me that she has set up an appointment for Luna. On Monday at 5:30 pm I can take Luna to the other vet clinic in my hometown, and the vet there (who is Dino's and Peggy's vet btw) will do ultrasound on her to find out if there's a tumor or something else behind Luna's ongoing bladder problems.

Please keep Luna in your thoughts!! I'm so scared, and by Monday, I know I'll be a nervous wreck again! :( Please keep your fingers crossed that Luna has no cancer! She's only five years old!!

Kirsten

Killearn Kitties
01-21-2006, 09:09 AM
I'll certainly have you and Luna in my thoughts on Monday. I do hope the vet finds nothing serious, but it would be nice if they got an answer to Luna's problems soon.

kb2yjx
01-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Kirsten, you are doing the right thing by getting the ultrasound to rule out any problems. And it is OK to be scared. As a nurse, I ALWAYS think the worse, and then am surprised that it was not as I thought. I will be cleaning at the Monastery on Monday, you and Luna will be in my prayers!!! HUGS TO YOU BOTH from me and ALL the cats: Ralph, Norton, Molly, Tina Peepers, Raven, Nicholas, Riley, and Hayley!!!!! Sandra

kimlovescats
01-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Prayers for Luna and you both, Kirsten!

Hugs,
Kim

catmandu
01-21-2006, 09:29 AM
The Found Cats are sending thier Prayers for Luna,in the hope taht they can find out just what is wrong with Poor Luna.
And The Found Cat Porch Angels are gathering and will come as a delegation to attend to Luna.
Prayers that Your Girl will be All Right.

Catty1
01-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Kirsten - I just hope they find SOMETHING so that there is something to treat. You know what I mean? The ongoing uncertainty is really really rough to handle.

And look at today's COTD, and one of the responses - even in worst case, kitties have beaten cancer and thrived!

Of course, it could be so much simpler than that, and my prayers and thoughts are with you and loony lovely Luna!

hugs
Catty1

Laura's Babies
01-21-2006, 10:31 AM
I am glad that is going to be done, I know you are too, just scared of what they will find. It is just so sad when there is a problem and they can't find the cause because those babies just can't tell you WHAT it is that hurts or is wrong...

Good thoughts and prayers from the Sunny South in th USA! GOOD LUCK and may you have great news Monday Luna!

Cataholic
01-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Prayers, paws and tails crossed, and waiting for an update on Monday.

Craftlady
01-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Will keep good thoughts and prayers. It's great that your vet was able to make arrangements so quickly.

Sonia59
01-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Good thoughts for you and Luna. I hope they finally find what's going wrong.

Donnaj4962
01-21-2006, 10:49 AM
Kirsten -- Many prayers and warm thoughts are being sent to you from me and my girls. We will be thinking of you and dear Luna on Monday.

orangemm
01-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Lots of prayers and good thoughts for Luna; maybe now they will find out what is wrong and be able to fix it.

We'll always be here for you...........

jenluckenbach
01-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Best of luck Monday. I'll be thinking of you.

Russian Blue
01-21-2006, 03:31 PM
I haven't checked the boards recently, but I'll be thinking about you on Monday and check back. I know it's hard, but try to think of the best that could happen instead of the worst.

Negative energy won't do anyone any good but positive thoughts just might.

K & L
01-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Kirsten I sure hope this gets to the bottom of all Luna's problems. I will try and watch for updates this week. We will be very busy here (but I get up much earlier than anyone) so hopefully I can logon here!

krazyaboutkatz
01-22-2006, 01:18 AM
Kirsten, I hope that everything goes well. All fingers and paws are crossed here. :)

TopCat3
01-22-2006, 04:22 AM
Adding our good wishes and prayers for a good outcome on Monday. Much love and hugs. Hang in there Kirsten
The TopCats
P.S. Cleo's doing fine, thanks, check-up and bloods in a couple of weeks. Slowing down a bit but eating well and littering OK. Good taking meds. Latest pic below

Kirsten
01-22-2006, 05:07 AM
Thank you everyone! All your prayers and moral support are truely appreciated!

Well, I try not to be too negative, but I can't help but being terribly nervous and worrried! I know I will count the hours till 5:30 pm tomorrow, and I'll be a mess at work.

If there's a higher power somewhere, please please please don't let it be the c-thing... :( :( :(

Kirsten

smokey the elder
01-22-2006, 07:38 AM
No matter what it is, it'll be better knowing than not knowing.

As far as the dreaded c-word goes, SO many advances have happened in feline oncology just in the 6 year span between two cats with it.

Good luck, hugs and prayers for Luna.

kb2yjx
01-22-2006, 11:11 AM
Ditto to what Smokey the Elder wrote!!! Extra prayers for Luna(and you)!!!

momcat
01-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Don't worry, Kirsten. You and Luna remain in my prayers and positive vibes are coming your way non stop. Hopefully the test results will give you some solid answers. Once you and your vet know what you're dealing with, you can come up with a plan of action. Please keep us posted and count on your friends here at PT.....

sasvermont
01-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Kirsten, having just gone through a scare with Miley, I know that you will worry until the scan is done and the results are in. I trust and hope that all will run smoothly and you will be able to rule out tumors.

Fingers crossed and lots of positive energy coming your way from Camp Vermont.

(((((((((((((((((((((Luna)))))))))))))))))) (((((((((((((((Kirsten))))))))))))))))

slick
01-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Dearest Kirsten, I have not been posting much in Cat General but have kept my eye on you and those sweet furbabies. Much love to you and we've got ten fingers, ten toes, and 4 furry paws crossed for tomorrow. I know that you will be a wreck all day and very happy when Luna comes home again. Think positive, hon. Luna and Lily need you to be strong right now. {{{hugs}}}

kb2yjx
01-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Kirsten, the prayers are heading out to you and Luna!!! Will check back later to see if you post....Sandra

Laura's Babies
01-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Yes, Luna was the first thought I had this morning as today IS Monday! I know there is a big time differance so I will be checking off and on all day for word on Luna.. Please update soon as you can!

kimlovescats
01-23-2006, 12:10 PM
I've been thinking of you and Luna! Hoping for some good news soon! ;)

Kirsten
01-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Thank you all!

Here's (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=97574) an update! :)

Kirsten